Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMORPG title holds the highest Byte-age count?

I know SWTOR 25 GBs at with lots and lots of voice overs, Rift I measure and was before Storm Legion expansion a measly 8 GBs, AION I know is like 15+ GBs, and WOW I believe as well is a 15+ Gbs...  Anyone knows which holds the title of the most packed game of the era?  Let me know...  I would like to know...  Thanks in advance and 'Happy' gaming, folks~!

Comments

• joonkp1976joonkp1976 Member Posts: 93
    I just installed SWTOR and counted GBs off of before and after...  A 19 GBs...  Not bad...
  • Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Can't recall the biggest but remember, AOC, the secret world,wow and swtor being the highest I've encountered. 
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    AoC 32 GB.

Thanks...  I should check out AoC then...

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

WoW is sitting at 20GB for me.

SWtOR is at 20.4GB (not sure where you're getting the 25 number from).

LotRO is 16GB

Rift: Storm Legion is 14.3GB

GW2 is 14.9GB

No others installed at the moment.

You make me like charity

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    I am not sure biggest is best, but you can't beat AoC for graphics. And we are what 3 years after launch?
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    AoC was the largest I ever installed.  Too bad size of game has no positive relation to the quality of the game.

• AxehandleAxehandle Member Posts: 147
    Like others said swtor was a beast on the harddrive. I think it was over 20GB.
  • ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141

AoC 35-40gb normally

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    TSW: 32 Gigs. I also remember AoC was a ton.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    I remember AoC being HUGE. The others stating around 32gb or more are probably right about the space taken up.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Mulli
    TSW: 38GB

On my machine:

TSW is sitting at 36.1 GB.

RIFT is sitting at 27.0 GB. (I have lots of screenshots which is probably skewing the number here.)

I have no other games installed so these are the only two I can comment on.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • MulliMulli Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by Mulli
    TSW: 38GB

On my machine:

TSW is sitting at 36.1 GB.

RIFT is sitting at 27.0 GB. (I have lots of screenshots which is probably skewing the number here.)

I have no other games installed so these are the only two I can comment on.

Odd, this is off my current installation (yeah, okay, ALMOST 38 GB):

edit: no screenshots (I use FRAPS). Wonder if it's because this was a patched beta client, not a clean install.

edit2: I lie, I found a bunch of old screenshots - 600MB or so, so yeah, 37.1-ish GB taking that into account. My bad.

Well, anyways I had a thought.  That some of the older games have higher Bytes then newer games because they alrady had expansions.  I take back what I said about Rift...  In South Korea Rift was just released and has not been packed up to the Storm Legion so this is my bad.  And new games like SWTOR eating up 20 Gigs is really nice although the game has to be voice over la la land.  Well cheers and good gaming, folks~!