Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The story stopped at 80

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

My biggest dissapointment at 80 was the fact that with my personal story ending, i dont feel any RP reason to go out in the world and discover... 

I want more stories to follow for max level players.  They said Max levl would be the same as leveling, well, they where wrong and a very important part of that is missing.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• teotiusteotius Member UncommonPosts: 100
    They will most likely introduce us more story quests. Some of the current areas offer alot of room for more story quest.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    thank god it did.  it was a chopped up mess to begin with.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by muffins89

Obviously you missed most of it then, as i personally could really enjoy most of it... They use some very interesting techniques, not seen before in this magnitude.

My main gripe is that there wasn´t enough story..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by muffins89

Obviously you missed most of it then, as i personally could really enjoy most of it... They use some very interesting techniques, not seen before in this magnitude.

My main gripe is that there wasn´t enough story..

meh.  im not a big fan of "story quests" in any mmo.  i might be a little biased.  but,  guild wars 2 in particular and to a lesser extent swtor,  broke the story apart so much it lost a lot of it's meaning.  if i hadn't played for a few days i'd forget what the heck my character was doing.  could have been done better if the story locations werent so spread out in levels and on the map.  they (gw2) could have used the scaling system to keep the story more coherent by allowing players to do it anytime they wish during leveling.  instead it was a different step every 2-4 levels.  maybe im a little ADD but i couldnt get into it because they broke it apart so much.  the story itself was fine,  but i don't like how it is presented to the player.  it didn't flow well.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    The story sucked compared with SWTOR.  From what I've heard, TSW had a much better story as well.
  • Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147

The only reason gw2 gets the fanbase it does is due to low pc req, cause imo the game is really suck.

Conan, swtor, tsw and at least 3 others out there I would pay a sub to play before i reinstall gw2.

JMO

• BaleoutBaleout Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by Skeeter50

The only reason gw2 gets the fanbase it does is due to low pc req, cause imo the game is really suck.

Conan, swtor, tsw and at least 3 others out there I would pay a sub to play before i reinstall gw2.

JMO

Hmmm i would not sub to any of those crappy games just saying.

But ya story lines fell short imo also .

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    There are a lot of valid reasons to be complaining about GW2.  This doesn't seem like one of them.  Expansions will undoubtedly, well, expand the story down the road.

You make me like charity

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    The story is very short if you think about it and th early missions was VERY short. They will add more in expansions, so have faith. Some parts of the story i played through was memorable and fun, though i'd like more emotions put into the story, like deaths of important characters and cliffhangers etc.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    That was not the only dragon, Bachus. Others are active in the world, and their minions are already in game.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

The story is not done. Only the first part. We've killed the first elder dragon, there's several more, probably introduced in expansions even though we already fight their minion champions like Claw of Jormag and Shatterer of Kralkatorik (cant spell it)...

If you want more story, go revisit any areas, follow the npcs and their events, they usually tell a story.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654
    Honestly, the less I have to deal with take-credit-for-everything-Trahearne, the better xD

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Greyhooff
    Honestly, the less I have to deal with take-credit-for-everything-Trahearne, the better xD

Yes that was a bit of a dissapointment. 

Also the depth of the stories wasnt that great, no spectacular twists and such. But i really loved some of the humor and characters involved in the stories. But most of all i really liked how the solo missions played. The gameplay was actually an addition to the game.

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    don't care about the story, i want a game that isn't a clone of gw1.
  • jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

Did the story actually begin though?

Might be an extreme point of view, but ANet once again proves that they can't write some good story / char in a video game.

Not tying up loose ends and suddenly shifting focus is one thing.

Not having any chars that is even remotely interesting is another.

The 'Hatchery' bug was also amusing and sad. How long it took for them to fix this bug (2months?) just shows how low priority the story portion has for ANet and it showed.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574
    I agree, it does stop at 80. Yet, I don't think that's a bad thing.The personal story is by far my least enjoyed feature. It could have so much potential - there is a wealth of lore to choose. The characters are one dimensional, and there isn't a wealth of outcomes or meaningful decisions. I would rather have had missions, similar to those scene in Guild Wars 1. Personally, I'd love to see more factions. I'd love to be able to play an opposing faction. 
  • fundayzfundayz Member Posts: 463

I would love to see one-off personal story chains that you can find out in the world. Their starting points could be triggered by dynamic events or simply be strew about in interesting places *cough*jump puzzles*cough*

Maybe even make some of them tuned to 2-3 players to encourage partying during exploration?

• gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Story is barely beginning, still several other dragons to deal with, not to mention issues with Cantha's politics getting in the way of their participating with the rest of the world and Palawa Johko's (sp) ravaging of Elona. This is one of those things that will come with time.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

I bet you love Kormir. :)

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

I bet you love Kormir. :)

I have a soft spot for Tybalt from the whispers personal storyline.

Manly tears were shed.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

The story was definitely a very weak spot in GW2. Bad voice-acting, no twists, mostly poor clichees.

Hodor!

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

agree. the story was good for exp and some loot (aside from the final story quest and the joke loot from that) but was pretty weak, had a lot of bugs (missing audio, text <> spoken, etc), pretty bad voice acting, etc.

Also - unreal how your NPC helpers, some of who are shown with boss tags, are so squishy and die so often.

Not really a challenge. I imagine they will add new stories to any xpac and hopefully will improve on their quality.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by gwei1984

The story was definitely a very weak spot in GW2. Bad voice-acting, no twists, mostly poor clichees.

Agreed.  Story felt as bad as Tera.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    You will probably have to wait till the first expasion to get more story. TBH story wasn't GW2's strong point.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member Posts: 4,990

It was fairly awful anyways so can't say I really cared. Especially considering the way it ends.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.