Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one

2»

Comments

• AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Allacore69

So.... all I keep hearing is "wall walking" and "running on water". Does this game do anything else or what? I wanna play a game because i hear "Deep Story" and "Open World" and "Great char builds", etc. So if all i have to look forward to is "Wall Climbing" and "Running on Water", then i guess this is not the game for me. Plus the combat is point and click. Yes point and click watch the first looks Macigman does at MMOBomb and other sites. I thought this game said "ACTION" combat? So i assume like RaiderZ and Guild Wars 2, etc. But alast mislead again. Oh and open world pvp. Just what i need, to be in the midst of an important quest and, "BAM"! Some dick kills me for no reason but just to sit and wait for other players to come around a corner. Fair? No. I personally don't like pvp. So ofcourse it's not fair for me lol. So to sum it up on this game.....I don't know. It would be worth it if the pvp player base were not dicks and only attack you if you ask for it. LOL. I guess combat can be dealt with like WoW and LOTRO, etc. But what about story? Everything else is covered except story. I just hope this is not one of thoes games that focuses on cosmetics instead of story and gameplay. Still i'll give it a shot and see what comes of it.

If you want a story based driven game, then MMOs arent really that great. AoC was okay at best and SWTOR which was known for "story" was pretty lame too. I havent found an MMO that I was enthralled with the story.

I take that back, LOTRO has some pretty cool Storyline quests. Best I have seen and it kep me playing to see the Story unfold in the game.

This game isnt just about movement. Its about being involved with the community around you. Id have to say what appeals to me is "needing" others. You can be a jerk and PK for how long before you are given the cold shoulder? No food for you! To the end of the line! No weapons for you, you killed my friend. All the good people have to do is band together and put that person on the naughty list and not give them a thing. You dont have food in this game, you die. Better be a Chef and a Farmer if you are going to PK right?

I think it's wonderful to lean on others and it will make the normal PKrs life a living hell in the end if they make too many people angry and dont have a group to back em up.

I wouldnt say this game has anything ground breaking. Its just old school, socializing and playing with others in a cool game. Its sandboxish yet Theme like. It has crafting thats "neded" and Guilds can take over schools... Guilds can take over schools? Amazing. Love it!

I think what people need to realize is that before games lined everything out for us, we used to creat fun inside of them. So much to do, its just up to you to discover it.

I can make this game fun by interacting with other people and creating my own events:

--Foot races

--Mounted Races

--Find X animal first

--PvP Tournament (clan, school, server)

--Guild vs Guild (find a clan willing to go head to head to see who is best)

This world is up to your imagination and thats whats great about it. You dont have to JUST do whats lined out for you.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by doragon86
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Originally posted by doragon86
    Meh. Blade & Soul does it better. Sadly we won't be seeing it in the west for a while. 

Blade&Soul is a completely different game, it's not a sandbox/hybrid MMO.

Indeed it isn't, and I never said a such. Simply saying that they do wall walking better imo. 

Walking on water is minor compared to most features of the game, it's fun but you don't choose Age Of Wushu because you can walk on water.

Hmm? I wasn't really comparing other game features. The OP spoke of wall walking, and I merely pointed out another game that does it better. That's all. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

depends which starting location You take at character creation You have 1 of 4 dramas, then each clan have own drama +gossip quests which are around 1k but only some of them give nice rewards

small examples

at hill/big tree/high pavilon You find item with coords that will start chain quests or chest with reward

make npc to like You, by: training near him/her, dueling, giving gifts, crafting, then npc will talk with You, give some riddle, ask to go to certain npc, or what item is needed

theres npc which like to steal eggs from birds nest, if You give eggs to her she will give You hairpin, You take hairpin to other npc as reward she give cords to kung fu master npc who will give You Light Foot skill