Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which mmorpg are you currently playing and why? [December]

Comments

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Rift.  Storm Legion is an amazing expansion, though I've been there since beta so..

Played TSW for a while.  Would still be playing now and then but I wasn't playing often enough to warrant the additional sub.   Sure, I can afford it, but tbh Rift takes up my (even more-so now) limited gaming time and that's great with me.

The only thing on the horizon that I'm looking at now is WoD.   That may be sad, only having a single MMORPG on my radar, but I have hope for that game.  It's set in a universe I've spent a lot of time in via PnP.   Nothing else looks to be enough to take me from the great game of Rift.

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788

A SOE MMO I'm not aloud to metion for some reason and the new Skyrim expansion.

Looking forward to Defiance and World of Darkness the most.

• bamdorfbamdorf Member UncommonPosts: 150

Fallen Earth.   Because my  brain has been radiated.    (Well...not really.   But I did have a head MRI once...thankfully, nothing was found.)

---------------------------
    Rose-lipped maidens,
    Light-foot lads...

• bamdorfbamdorf Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    NO games. Re-reading the Hobbit in preperation for seeing the movie in a week or so.(GW2 was my last disappointment)

Yes, I forgot to mention...I reread the Hobbit also.   Hopefully there will never be an MMO based on the Hobbit.

---------------------------
    Rose-lipped maidens,
    Light-foot lads...

• KedoremosKedoremos Member UncommonPosts: 432

EQ2 - It's got a lot of content.

PlanetSide 2 - It's fun and I feel like I'm getting better at it.

EVE Online - I have 3 subs to this game though I don't actively play it. I just train. It's an addiction.

When DF:UW comes out, that's what I'll be playing.

Life of an MMORPG "addict"
    For 7 years, proving that if you quote "fuck" you won't get banned.

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

Dungeons & Dragons Online (probably be there til they turn the lights out)

FireFall beta

LoTRO

SWTOR (freemium here)

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    SWTOR, EVE, and FFXIV ARR Alpha.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

WoW - There's just nothing better...really

Rift - Alot of friends and the content never stops

Total Domination - Facebook game, i know right? But it's pretty fun.

Lotro - Generally just to hang out, RP, and play music.

Firefall Beta - I decided to try it since several friends said they liked it.  It's actually pretty good.

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    They still make MMORPGs?
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    Playing eq2 becasue there is nothing out there better. 
  • Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

Star Trek Online. And because it's awesome!

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    nothing......hence why i'm here answering this thread.

same here - enjoying a lot of single-player RPGs right now over any MMO out there

This.

• Deathgod881Deathgod881 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Nothing currently cant find anything after i stopped playing WoW.

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Nothing! Grumble grumble.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

TSW: This is my primary , and I am just enjoying the feel of this world more than any other right now.  Fantastic story and atmosphere and great community.  Love the investigations, ability wheel and open system.  Grouping is fun too.

WoW: Just bouncing in and out a bit -- friends are there, and it's nice on Sunday morning to touch base with everyone.

GW2: Dabbling in it and like it, but just giving fantasy a break right now

LOTRO: Same here on the fantasy, although I really love the feel of the landscape in this game, and the questing is well-written and interesting.  This world is big... 

AoC: Just rolled a new guy, and seeing what this one's all about.  Love Robert E. Howard and the harsh setting.

Skyrim: Wish more MMOs felt as immediate as this game does

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

Guild Wars 2 because I'm a PvP'er and this games PvP is unmatched.

Don't argue with me I have played them all.

gw2 pvp was just "meh" to me otherwise i'd be playing it. not very fascinated by 1 mode where solo skill counts to nothing. also everyone has 1 or 2 builds for each class that is pvp worthy. not many options.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Nothing.... Hunting through the game list.

Just tried RaiderZ for all of 20 minutes before the clucnky  UI and bad chat system design turned me completely off after I couldn't even block a bot gold spammer broadcasting on all channels due to a flaw in the system they were exploiting.

What next? I really don't know.

*GRUMBLES*

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Was playing Mabinogi but left because Nexon will not fix the glitches.  Was playing Forsaken World but left because the only way to level up in that game is GT's / Henry quests get boring after grinding 100 times.  I will keep those F2P accounts active tho.  There are aspects of those games I approve. 

May try Ragnarok Online 2 when it gets out of beta.

Would have gone back to Aion if it reinstalled on Windows 7.   This issue has been around forever so apparently Trion doesn't care to save Windows 7 player accounts since they've never fixed.   

I don't want to pay a subscription to GW2.  It doesn't look innovative enough to be worthy of me budgeting it in between rent increases, grocery increases, and gasoline increases.  I've already played the only two worthy sub games to max of what they had to offer long ago and quit.  

I'm not in to outer-space or game stations tho I own one.  I play an elf so human only games hold no interest.  I'm pretty much screwed for entertainment atm.

• CultOfXtcCultOfXtc Member Posts: 378
    TSW baby!!! Awesome and new ARG on atm. :)

THE SECRET WORLD - PAY ONCE PLAY FOREVER - Give it a go!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/buy/

OR PM ME FOR A BUDDY KEY (need your email address).

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

I don't want to pay a subscription to GW2.  It doesn't look innovative enough to be worthy of me budgeting it in between rent increases, grocery increases, and gasoline increases.  I've already played the only two worthy sub games to max of what they had to offer long ago and quit.  

No sub for GW2 -- just buy the game...

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Lineage 2 and Crysis 2.
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

GW2

because no other game has pvp i like as much and pvp is the only endgame i enjoy.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I have found myself playing Star Trek Online quite a bit lately. Thought I'd give it a try a few weeks ago and am enjoying it, thus far. I am only level 8 at the moment. It is a bit different from the fantasy genres I usually gravitate towards.

I thought I'd give Ryzom a try about a month ago. I am having fun learning the ropes in game.

After watching a YouTube video yesterday, I ended up signing back into GW2. I deleted my level 80 character and went with my next highest level, 33. I actually had some fun into the wee hours of the morning.

None of these games have me biting at the bit to log in everyday, but they are fun when I do feel like logging in.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• KanylKanyl Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Originally posted by Larsa

Playing Wurm, like I did last month, and the month before, and the month before and the month ...

Why? To me it's the best sandbox MMORPG available. Sure, the game has it's problems, it's far from perfect - but it does the sandbox very well.

I am really looking forward to the "release" this week. For the first time, I will give this game a honest chanse and a lot of love!

• lisaroblisarob Member UncommonPosts: 93

Dragon's Nest 

As I am at work alot its great for jumping in.