Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closed SWTOR account.

I’ve just had my SWTOR account closed for some unknown reason.  They state I’ve been using third party applications and have instructed me to read the terms and conditions. 

The only applications I use include SkyGo, ITunes, media players, internet apps for email, chat and net browsing or anti-virus software.  Which makes me wonder; which one of those has caused me to be kicked? 

I know that each time I trigger a loading screen within SWTOR, SkyGo (TV service provider) would disconnect and I’d need to reload the stream but I can't see where watching football while playing a bit of Star Fox goes against the terms and conditions? 

I’ve submitted a dispute email to Bioware but was wondering whether anyone else have been banned for reasons they don't understand?

Just to be clear; I don't use bots, hacks or abuse people in the game - I've only spoken twice in chat since starting on the 15th of November.  I have levelled largely on the class story, warzones and space missions attempting to avoid the planets as much as possible.  I often watch/listen to on demand films via SkyGo while playing warzones and space missions. 

Comments

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    If you've been hacked, perhaps that third party thing didn't happen on your comp. Have you checked for a keylogger on your comp? Perhaps customer service can figure out what IP address the prob happened on, and perhaps it isn't yours?
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by dweeb80
    I’ve just had my SWTOR account closed for some unknown reason.  They state I’ve been using third party applications and have instructed me to read the terms and conditions. The only applications I use include SkyGo, ITunes, media players, internet apps for email, chat and net browsing or anti-virus software.  Which makes me wonder; which one of those has caused me to be kicked? I know that each time I trigger a loading screen within SWTOR, SkyGo (TV service provider) would disconnect and I’d need to reload the stream but I can't see where watching football while playing a bit of Star Fox goes against the terms and conditions? I’ve submitted a dispute email to Bioware but was wondering whether anyone else have been banned for reasons they don't understand? Just to be clear; I don't use bots, hacks or abuse people in the game - I've only spoken twice in chat since starting on the 15th of November.  I have levelled largely on the class story, warzones and space missions attempting to avoid the planets as much as possible.  I often watch/listen to on demand films via SkyGo while playing warzones and space missions. 

injector?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• dweeb80dweeb80 Member Posts: 13

I can't imagine I have been hacked, I've played the game almost daily since the 15th of November.  Additionally my computer is constantly updated and scanned. 

It has to be something to do with playing multiple warzones back to back, or space missions while running something streaming.

However even if they gave it me back I dont think I'd trust them with a cash purchase or another sub.  No warnings or discussion; they just closed the account. 

Originally posted by Nitth

I’ve just had my SWTOR account closed for some unknown reason.  They state I’ve been using third party applications and have instructed me to read the terms and conditions. 

The only applications I use include SkyGo, ITunes, media players, internet apps for email, chat and net browsing or anti-virus software.  Which makes me wonder; which one of those has caused me to be kicked? 

I know that each time I trigger a loading screen within SWTOR, SkyGo (TV service provider) would disconnect and I’d need to reload the stream but I can't see where watching football while playing a bit of Star Fox goes against the terms and conditions? 

I’ve submitted a dispute email to Bioware but was wondering whether anyone else have been banned for reasons they don't understand?

Just to be clear; I don't use bots, hacks or abuse people in the game - I've only spoken twice in chat since starting on the 15th of November.  I have levelled largely on the class story, warzones and space missions attempting to avoid the planets as much as possible.  I often watch/listen to on demand films via SkyGo while playing warzones and space missions. 

injector?

Injector?  What do you mean?

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Nitth

injector?

Injector?  What do you mean?

Like SweetFX.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

I have never heard of Injector or SweetFX hehe.  I have used modding tools on Skyrim but haven't touch that in a while (way before I started playing SWTOR).  Thanks for the feedback though. 

• epf1epf1 Member Posts: 162

All of the installed things you listed there would be a cause of concern if you asked me. Makes me wonder about all possible other small things you have installed that you did not list? Does anyone else use that computer?

Anyway, chances are high that you have been hacked, you just don't know it yet. I would not do any serious things like internet banking, etc. on that computer if I were you.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

Why is their software spying on what you have on your computer anyways?

If you're not running any programs for SWTOR, then they can go pound sand.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/