Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Bioware - 'We're Listening'

13»

Comments

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by shadylurker

Honestly, if bioware listened they would of started by listening to the beta players that said it was everything a MMO isnt and shouldnt be.  They will never listen, the game is bad, the best option for them, to make it a success is to scrap all of it, and start again.   It is however, the greatest single player mmo in exsistance.  

Hmm single player? Lets see here craft items sell to other player, join a guild with other player, run heroics with other players, run flaspoints with other players, run ops with other players, get a huge group of other players and down a world boss, go datacrom hunting with other players, help other players with their class quest, pvp with other players...yeah that sounds single player doesnt it lmao!!
  • GressorGressor Member Posts: 1
    Well, at least Bioware is listening to some of the player base but, as a paying subscriber, this attention on their part really ticks me off!  At the latest, since the server merge, PAYING SUBSCRIBERS have been asking for any type of character server transfer.  According to BW, this was supposed to be out with release 1.3 but I don't see it, do you?  While it is nice of BW to have concern for this new, potential player base they really need to start paying more attention to their current subscriber needs to continue their CURRENT revenue stream!
  • allendale5allendale5 Member Posts: 124

I think it's stupid that we complain about what features we get or don't get in a FREE game.  Ya, the quickbar limitation is assinine because the games gives you skills that you can't easily use, and it invites upapproved mods, but still -- it's free.  It's not smart on their part to purposefully try to reduce their pool of potential gem shop customers; this is something that their investors should be screaming about... but as a player who never plans on purchasing real cash items, I have no say.

As for the BW team listening : I feel that this is just a damage control statement, but I hope that it is not only well meant but acted upon soon.  The SWTOR community of players are for the most part, a great and helpful group of folks, but there has been a wall between players and the devs for some time now, a wall mostly erected by the devs with their initial refusal to listen and their unfettered moderations of any critical remarks. 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by allendale5

I think it's stupid that we complain about what features we get or don't get in a FREE game. 

It's wanting to prevent a company from setting a bad precedent.  Paying for a fully functional UI or being able to select quest rewards crosses the line for most players.  It's a disincentive for many to even play the game, let alone spend cash.

There's a line companies shouldn't cross.  And when they do cross that line, people should voice their displeasure.

If no one complained, BW wouldn't have had an incentive to fix things.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,847

Originally posted by korvass
    People keep saying that GW2 is doing bad, but I have yet to see anything that would indicate to me that A-Net has had anything but success with the game, ie:
    -Founding members of the company quitting 'to pursue other projects'. 

2 of the 3 founding members left ArenaNet during GW2s development.

On topic - smart marketing by BioWare. Make the most restrictive Free to play policy ever then start rolling back restrictions under the guise of "listening to the players".

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by RealPvPisFPS

I just recently tried the SWTOR F2P and had alot of fun. The game has been immensely polished since I was in the beta.

However after giving the F2P model a try up to level 11 I quickly realized that this game is better played as a subscription instead of F2P title.  I do have a few questions.

1. Anyone know just how much life this game has yet? like will it shut down after so many months? I know they are merging servers which is always a bad sign.

2. What exactly is the new space update gonna fix, do or improve that they are working on and when are they shooting for a release on that?

Thanks to all who respond.

No worries, even the worse games are still running and SWTOR is really not that bad.

It has its glitches but at all its fun.

Top Secret it is.

All what i remember is "you wont see anything from it soon" so i think it comes in a year or so.