Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get ready for next week

Comments

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Melgaroth

Hi,
    One point to make before the developer diary: I know that I said in the MMORPG.com Q&A that pre-orders were to launch this week, and we really tried until a little while ago before having to accept defeat, a combination of things (most we could not control since there are 3 companies working on this) made it impossible. Obviously our main focus is on the actual game, but this was important as well, so it’s frustrating for us, as I’m sure it is for you. So will we still do a pre-order before launch at this late date? Perhaps if this can be done on Monday so we can break up the buying traffic before the launch day and make sure everything is working right, and give you the ability to reserve your character name beforehand. There will be people working on this over the weekend here, at the provider and at our billing processor’s, so we hope we’ll be able to have the option on Monday.

Above is from the Darkfall Blog. Bolded area is what makes me certain they are still aiming for 12/12. They did not mention a push back also. 

You do know they said something simular when they missed their second releqase date for Darkfall 1.0 as well

If they actually make next weeks projected release  date great! they will show that they have become a better company. On the other hand if you believe everything a game developer tells you then your in for alot of upsets in life.

• MelgarothMelgaroth Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by winter

Hi,
    One point to make before the developer diary: I know that I said in the MMORPG.com Q&A that pre-orders were to launch this week, and we really tried until a little while ago before having to accept defeat, a combination of things (most we could not control since there are 3 companies working on this) made it impossible. Obviously our main focus is on the actual game, but this was important as well, so it’s frustrating for us, as I’m sure it is for you. So will we still do a pre-order before launch at this late date? Perhaps if this can be done on Monday so we can break up the buying traffic before the launch day and make sure everything is working right, and give you the ability to reserve your character name beforehand. There will be people working on this over the weekend here, at the provider and at our billing processor’s, so we hope we’ll be able to have the option on Monday.

Above is from the Darkfall Blog. Bolded area is what makes me certain they are still aiming for 12/12. They did not mention a push back also. 

You do know they said something simular when they missed their second releqase date for Darkfall 1.0 as well

If they actually make next weeks projected release  date great! they will show that they have become a better company. On the other hand if you believe everything a game developer tells you then your in for alot of upsets in life.

/sarcasm on

Ya man i'm probably gonna cry myself to sleep if they don't make the date. Thanks for the sage advice my hopes and dreams were riding on this date until you showed me the error of my ways.

/sarcasm off

Ok but seriously if they don't make it thats fine, probably a good reason. They messed it up last time, true.  I know its going to be a great game regardless and hope everyone else can enjoy it too and we can all slay each other in harmony.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    they only missed on release date for df 1.0 and it was the jan 1
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

they 2 months without income.

investors will force em to launch, regardless of bugs etc.. if server running and clients can be handout the will release or they in economic big trouble.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Sorry not gonna happen. They already confirmed Friday its launching next week. Last time they delayed it was 6 days before launch. Most it will get delayed is maybe a few days IMHO and that would only be cause the servers crashed due to too many people trying to play. 

They never confirmed anything Friday, all they did was put a video out regarding clans. 

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Hi,

Oh, touche...lol

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    I was under the impression that they were releasing it for those who owned the first game. Then opening it up at a later date for purchase.
  • KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Originally posted by gravesworn
    I was under the impression that they were releasing it for those who owned the first game. Then opening it up at a later date for purchase.

This is false. Everyone will be able to purchase the game at release.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius

I'm not saying you're wrong, but has AV comfirmed this yet? I've been wondering about this for a bit now.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Cecropia

I'm not saying you're wrong, but has AV comfirmed this yet? I've been wondering about this for a bit now.

Well considering that people do not have to rebuy the game and they going to have pre-orders would make me figure that they will allow new poeple in as well? 

Does not say anything for sure, but would be strange if they allow poeple to pre-order then. Then again it's AV you can never be sure with them :P

• MelgarothMelgaroth Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by Cecropia

Tasos confirmed this in his recent MMORPG.com interview.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

Tasos confirmed this in his recent MMORPG.com interview.

Thank you, Melgaroth. I should have already watched that interview by now, guess I have some catching up to do.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    I'm not saying that it won't go live on the 12th, but I don't understand how some of you are so SURE that it will. I mean, we are talking about a company that is absolutely LEGENDARY for missing any kind of date or deadline. For fuck's sake, aren't we all supposed to be playing Darkfall 2010 right now? Forgive me if I am doubtful that they are just going to launch the game in 2 days with ZERO word on how the software will be distributed, or how we are to pay for it, or ANYTHING. Maybe we will be playing it on Wednesday, maybe we won't, no one fucking knows... that probably includes Aventurine.
  • Justin9820Justin9820 Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by ironhelix
    I'm not saying that it won't go live on the 12th, but I don't understand how some of you are so SURE that it will. I mean, we are talking about a company that is absolutely LEGENDARY for missing any kind of date or deadline. For fuck's sake, aren't we all supposed to be playing Darkfall 2010 right now? Forgive me if I am doubtful that they are just going to launch the game in 2 days with ZERO word on how the software will be distributed, or how we are to pay for it, or ANYTHING. Maybe we will be playing it on Wednesday, maybe we won't, no one fucking knows... that probably includes Aventurine.

well since you missed the information, i will state it here.

I'm not willing to give a link for where they said this, simply because i dont want to try to find it. They said they will be doing a digital download only release, and with that im assuming the payment option with be the usual credit card or paypal type of thing.

As for the people who seem sure that it will launch wednesday, i have to say that although i wouldn't guarentee it, it is looking very promising.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

Tomorrow (monday), we'll know what's going to happen.

I'm a positive thinker, so I believe they'll have pre-purchases up and downloadable client. They did work on this all weekend, according to Tasos, so they'd have to be really inexperienced to not have anything up yet by then. In Aventurine's defense though, they do mention the billing is mainly handled by an external party(s).

That said though, this is going to be a new account management system, and with that, I would imagine a new website...

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by raapnaap

I'm a positive thinker, so I believe they'll have pre-purchases up and downloadable client. They did work on this all weekend, according to Tasos, so they'd have to be really inexperienced to not have anything up yet by then. In Aventurine's defense though, they do mention the billing is mainly handled by an external party(s).

That said though, this is going to be a new account management system, and with that, I would imagine a new website...

.....I agree, with all this lack of media, game info, sub plans and the most important thing HOW TO BUY THE GAME for new players.......ya its going to be pushed back. 

I mean what other game lately has no PRE-ORDERs or even this lack of media so close to launch?

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    if it was going to be a proper delay they would have said something, it may not be 12/12/12 but it will only be at most a few days off.

My blog: image

• PuppehPuppeh Member Posts: 5
    Wasn't the first one delayed by 5years or so?
  • shadowmonkeshadowmonke Member Posts: 48
    tbh it looks bad and you should already be prepared for the worst since the previous delay but we all want it to release on the 12th anyway lol
    Originally posted by TheJoda
    Originally posted by raapnaap

.....I agree, with all this lack of media, game info, sub plans and the most important thing HOW TO BUY THE GAME for new players.......ya its going to be pushed back. 

I mean what other game lately has no PRE-ORDERs or even this lack of media so close to launch?

they would have told us by now they was delaying 

• storm219storm219 Member UncommonPosts: 13
    If the grind is as bad as in the first DF, I won't buy it
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by storm219

or the rampant griefing!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    I'll probably wait for the Steam release anyway.
  • CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    Originally posted by azzamasin

or the rampant griefing!

Full loot PvP not griefing, if you call being killed whilst out exploring and losing all your stuff griefing then this or any game like this is not what you want to be playing.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG

its not