Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which mmorpg are you currently playing and why? [December]

Comments

• TenkouseiTenkousei Member UncommonPosts: 114

None at the moment. My WoW sub ended two weeks ago. I still have GW2 installed but i don't feel the urge to play it. I thought about resubbing for TERA and start a new char, but the lack of different starter zones and alternate paths is a thorn in my side.

I'm just looking for something that doesn't end up in repeating the same crap daily / weekly. But it's unlikely to happen any time soon.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Swtor
    Gw2

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Firefall beta.

World of Warcraft (Land of Pandas)... ^^ 

I was playing RaiderZ, but it runs out of content at level 35.  Not to mention all of the stat stacking and duping that was going on. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • Skeeter50Skeeter50 Member UncommonPosts: 147
    Swtor new sub, pve with trinity...and it is fun. Plenty of info of future updates/content has me interested.. The pvp seems to be getting attention from devs as well.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    none.  i do RBG's in wow one night a week.   someone shoot me.  irl.
  • thekzethekze Member UncommonPosts: 180

Guild Wars 2, finishing map completion on my 80 necromancer while helping my friend level his engineer, now 51. When he's offline I spend my time in World vs World.

Name: Troop - You can find me on Jade Quarry!

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409
    Wurm Online, Xsyon, Mortal Online and Planetside 2 as side fun ^_^
  • mrBurns210mrBurns210 Member Posts: 114

Currently I am playing a few mmos with no major dedication.

The ones I am currently enjoying:

-Star Trek Online ( I love star trek TV series )

-Age of Wushu (Beta) played the first closed beta and looking forward to the second.

I really am looking forward to AoW.  It is seemingly turning out to be mmo that might get my attention .I loved the world pvp / crafting system / cultivating my Kung Fu / School events ( War / Patrolling/ Spying ) / and  kidnapping ( I thought it was interesting and really neat that char stayed in game world to become a npc). I am also just huge fan of wuxia movies.

STO I play because I love ST:TNG and this mmo is set in the universe I really enjoy ( not the new JJ Abrams setting, which is fine and all) STO sucks for pvp, it basically doesn't exist . There are quite a  few new  features that I have come to enjoy, which are the Foundry / duty officers /  ground combat ( used to be dreadful and space combat was always the more enjoyable part of the game ). It more just satisfies my sci-fi tastes adding to the fact that I really enjoy the setting. I also think their f2p model is one of the best.

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Took advantage of Blizzard putting MoP on sale for $20, and so far having a lot of fun. People love to hate on the game, but it's still the best PVE MMO out there by a long shot.

Also started a mining / industry character in EVE. LOVING the new mining frigate & ore holds (about goddamn time CCP!). Only problem is finding a highsec belt that isn't already mined dry...

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Nothing, i'm waiting for Darkfall ArcheAge and Black Desert Online :)
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

TSW mainly

GW2 a little

And several single player games. FC3 has had my attention past week or so. And BL2 I have sunk some time into.

Nothing really on the MMO front just has me hooked.  Too many good single player games I am looking forward to or am playing atm i suppose.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

Enjoying AoC at the moment, building and preparing a guild for recruitment and having fun. Awaiting Crafting revamp and new "free" booster pack update for premium players over the next few months.

Should really get more into TSW, but havent got the time atm :

Oh well, there`s always next year :)

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Gw2 and hopefully soon to be darkfall unholy wars. 
  • Ohura75Ohura75 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Guild Wars 2, Aion, and doing Hawken Beta.
  • WalterWhiteWalterWhite Member UncommonPosts: 411

Dabbling on a certain MMO which I cannot mention as last time I did I got a warning.

Apart from that I have spent the rest of my gaming on my PS3 as the rest of the MMO's I liked have either gone F2P and gone downhill or just plain suck nowadays.

I might leave my PS3 on overnight to download DC Universe Online and give it another try as I gave up on it at lvl 10 when it came out.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

AOC- because its FTP.

TSW- because its new for me and am really liking it..

Eve- because its Eve.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    EVE, because there really isn't any other choice at the moment. But soon, DF:UW.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Rednecksith

Took advantage of Blizzard putting MoP on sale for $20, and so far having a lot of fun. People love to hate on the game, but it's still the best PVE MMO out there by a long shot.

Also started a mining / industry character in EVE. LOVING the new mining frigate & ore holds (about goddamn time CCP!). Only problem is finding a highsec belt that isn't already mined dry...

Best time for that is right after down time. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

Playing Wurm, like I did last month, and the month before, and the month before and the month ...

Why? To me it's the best sandbox MMORPG available. Sure, the game has it's problems, it's far from perfect - but it does the sandbox very well.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Playing SWTOR. Don't have time for any other game..  I will probably play TESO as a second MMO if I like it.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

None. I don't play any mmorpg.

I don't like lobby-like gameplay and business models made on cash shops.

Those few mmorpg's that do diffrently are not good enough or too old.

• the420kidthe420kid Member UncommonPosts: 440

playing WoW atm..

If only the wow content was combined with the gw2 combat somehow those 2 games made a baby I think I would have my favorite PvP game.. the balance / pace / skill from gw2 and the content from WoW namely arena...

Unofrtunetly thats never going to be a reality so its a choice between an amazing game with silly balance / dps or a balanced game with nothing to do no ladders to try to climb or anything..

Looking forward to darkfall UW hopefully it will give us some good balanced yet rewarding action.

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes.

It's got a huge open world without instances, lots of races and classes,   pretty difficult (Have died more in VG than the ,ast 5 MMORPG's combined I am sure), graphics are still great, friendly community.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Eve Online. Becasue sometimes nothing else will do :)
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    GW2 for my MMO needs and Skyrim (started a 3rd character last month and am playing it casually, my first "pure class" an Archer) for my deep story and intense gameplay needs.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!