Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I the only one

LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
That wants to solely play Age of Wushu to run on walls and play Go? Being an awesome ninja/monk/martial artist is also cool too. Im really excited to see how this game turns out and frankly I would play it as a single player game as is, so it seems promising to me.

Comments

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

I am so bad at Go I don't think I've ever beaten anyone :O

I am really interested to see if they put any crafting in this game.  That's what I've been watching for!

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Humans with the abilities of animals, Im not sure if I can relate.  Isnt this kind of like mortal combat online combat wise?
  • LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

I am so bad at Go I don't think I've ever beaten anyone :O

I am really interested to see if they put any crafting in this game.  That's what I've been watching for!

One of those MMO spotlights done here they talked about how they were leveling up cooking and what not. It is called life skills in this game, but it is like everything from fishing and harvesting to merchant traveling to guarding to weapon smithing and what not. They said it in the spotlight so I assume that crafting is in the game.

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Humans with the abilities of animals, Im not sure if I can relate.  Isnt this kind of like mortal combat online combat wise?

More like crouching tiger hidden dragon online. XP

Originally posted by LadyEuphei

More like crouching tiger hidden dragon online. XP

Those people possess the abilites of animals, insects and reptiles in crouching tiger type movies.  Walking on water, soaring through the air from place to place, walking on walls, I didnt like the movies and was not impressed or awed by the concept of people emulating the creatures of nature, so I probably wouldnt have an interest in an MMO based on this concept.  Same reason I didnt ever like City of heros, characters are just too super human in that sense.

The combat style is also in some way modeled after mortal combat so another game that didnt interest me.  They are trying to be different in some ways, but deveopers still dont get it. They are inovating in the wrong areas.  Developers are tryng to innovate with more over the top effects and abilities but wrapping it all up in the same stale package.

I'm not aware of anyone thats working on an MMO that breaks the mold in any way other that, bigger swords, flashier moves, bigger spell effects, quicker leveling, voice acting, instant grouping  etc.  But at the end of the day its still the same old road weve been traveling.

I love your enthusiasm for this game, I too try to fall in love with new games in hope that it will bring something new to the genre.  But I am still carrying the torch from game to game.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

That wants to solely play Age of Wushu to run on walls and play Go? Being an awesome ninja/monk/martial artist is also cool too. Im really excited to see how this game turns out and frankly I would play it as a single player game as is, so it seems promising to me.

I was gona try it out, But i cant seem to find anything about "the objective" past combat and the things you mention.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Nope you are not the only one but you make it sound like Age Of Wushu is a kids game which it is far from a kids game. The game is a very deep rewarding, complicated game. Playing the last beta was a blast and a fresh change to the garbage that released three months ago. If you like faction FFA PvP with land control and many features never seen in any MMO before then you would be a fool not to get yourself into the next Age Of Wushu beta. The next beta starts on the 20th of December through till the 9th of January.

Originally posted by Nitth

I was gona try it out, But i cant seem to find anything about "the objective" past combat and the things you mention.

Lol, there are loads of vids and info about the game, check out the vids I've posted in this forum.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    I'm having major AoW withdrawals.  I've said elsewhere that the movement is like Aion's gliding on steroids.  I love some of the acrobatic tricks my character can do.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

The combat style is also in some way modeled after mortal combat so another game that didnt interest me. 

I am confused. You don't REALLY think that the video game series "Mortal Combat" invented Chinese martial arts... do you?

Originally posted by ironhelix

Originally posted by snapfusion The combat style is also in some way modeled after mortal combat so another game that didnt interest me. 

I am confused. You don't REALLY think that the video game series "Mortal Combat" invented Chinese martial arts... do you?

I have a funny feeling he will tell you that was Chuck Norris.

• AshluraAshlura Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Originally posted by Rimmersman

The combat style is also in some way modeled after mortal combat so another game that didnt interest me. 

Hilarious!

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

AoW was so refreshing for a change. Working on my life skills, planting and tending to my crops. Once I was tending to some wheat I planted when a pker came out of nowhere to take advantage of my lack of a clan. A honorable higher skilled player noticed right away and proceeded to drive the would be killer off and killed him instead. If it wasn't for practicing my movement skills he would have caught me and finished me off quickly. Well that and the noble Kung fu player that came to my aid.

Point is that there are so many things you can get caught up in that the focus isn't always about combat, combat, combat like you find in so many other mmos these days. Something I sorely missed from my days in UO.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

I hope to god your joking.  You cant be so linear in thought.

edit:  but then again you said you were confused so I guess your post makes more sense under that guise.

Originally posted by Ashlura

Hilarious!

I wonder about the critical thinking of some of the posters on this website. 

• LhynnSaintLhynnSaint Member Posts: 119
    Ah the movement in this game is amazing.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Definitely not alone there. Being a fan of eastern mythology and mysticism I'd love to play.

I love the concept of your character becoming a citizen in game while you are away, vendoring, farming, doing everyday things, even being able to be kidnapped while offline. It looks fun.

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    Originally posted by itgrowls

Definitely not alone there. Being a fan of eastern mythology and mysticism I'd love to play.

I love the concept of your character becoming a citizen in game while you are away, vendoring, farming, doing everyday things, even being able to be kidnapped while offline. It looks fun.

I was thinking the same.. I was hoping I could log in.. and watch some friends chars move around and watch what they do when they aren't logged in.

• AleesiaIarxidorAleesiaIarxidor Member UncommonPosts: 7
  • doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Meh. Blade & Soul does it better. Sadly we won't be seeing it in the west for a while. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

Originally posted by doragon86

Meh. Blade & Soul does it better. Sadly we won't be seeing it in the west for a while. 

Blade&Soul is a completely different game, it's not a sandbox/hybrid MMO.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589

Indeed it isn't, and I never said a such. Simply saying that they do wall walking better imo. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

I am having such a huge argument over playing either a scholar or one of the wandering valley types. Either one will play Go amongst all the other things they can get into. I am arguing over if I am mean enough to kidnap an offline player character and sell them to the brothel though.

Indeed it isn't, and I never said a such. Simply saying that they do wall walking better imo. 

Walking on water is minor compared to most features of the game, it's fun but you don't choose Age Of Wushu because you can walk on water.

• Allacore69Allacore69 Member Posts: 839

So.... all I keep hearing is "wall walking" and "running on water". Does this game do anything else or what? I wanna play a game because i hear "Deep Story" and "Open World" and "Great char builds", etc. So if all i have to look forward to is "Wall Climbing" and "Running on Water", then i guess this is not the game for me. Plus the combat is point and click. Yes point and click watch the first looks Macigman does at MMOBomb and other sites. I thought this game said "ACTION" combat? So i assume like RaiderZ and Guild Wars 2, etc. But alast mislead again. Oh and open world pvp. Just what i need, to be in the midst of an important quest and, "BAM"! Some dick kills me for no reason but just to sit and wait for other players to come around a corner. Fair? No. I personally don't like pvp. So ofcourse it's not fair for me lol. So to sum it up on this game.....I don't know. It would be worth it if the pvp player base were not dicks and only attack you if you ask for it. LOL. I guess combat can be dealt with like WoW and LOTRO, etc. But what about story? Everything else is covered except story. I just hope this is not one of thoes games that focuses on cosmetics instead of story and gameplay. Still i'll give it a shot and see what comes of it.