Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWToR updates Free to play

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20121204

good article about how they are increasing slots, to 50, hotbars for the none Sub players and more Warzones, all good changes for the F2P players, I'm 100% sure that there are still going to be a whole kindergarten of QQers out there but all good stuff for those that do like the game.

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

A 50 character limit? Who in the world has 50 characters? Why in the world would anyone have 50 characters? I don't get it. What are these people doing with all those characters?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    50 characters ? Who on earth makes 50 characters was that ever even an issue ?

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by kitarad
    50 characters ? Who on earth makes 50 characters was that ever even an issue ?

The past summer someone had 24 characters that wanted more slots to transfer to the same server, I remember some even had 36......

Also note that bioware is going to be adding more and more species along the way. So people will eventually have that many characters, I know its insane lol.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    To be honest I would make more toons but the thought of following the same planet route makes me not want to as I would be repeating the quests. Wish they had alternative places to level.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    To be honest I would make more toons but the thought of following the same planet route makes me not want to as I would be repeating the quests. Wish they had alternative places to level.

I hear ya, I do not want to repeat the same quests either, its like they are encouraging to do the same quests well over a million times because not only is that the way they are trying to encourage it but by showing that following the planet route and doing the same classquest/planetquest and sidequests gives you more xp faster then warzones and space.

I beg for an alternative.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• hockey98hockey98 Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Jonoku

I hear ya, I do not want to repeat the same quests either, its like they are encouraging to do the same quests well over a million times because not only is that the way they are trying to encourage it but by showing that following the planet route and doing the same classquest/planetquest and sidequests gives you more xp faster then warzones and space.

Unfortunately this is common with every new mmo when they release. The huge difference with SWTOR is each class has their seperate very unique story. This alone seperates SWTOR from the rest when it comes to re-rolling new toons
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by hockey98
    Originally posted by Jonoku Originally posted by kitarad To be honest I would make more toons but the thought of following the same planet route makes me not want to as I would be repeating the quests. Wish they had alternative places to level.

Unfortunately this is common with every new mmo when they release. The huge difference with SWTOR is each class has their seperate very unique story. This alone seperates SWTOR from the rest when it comes to re-rolling new toons

This would be great, except the class story isn't enough of the leveling story. It's like 20% class story, 70% world stories that repeat, and 10% something else. I mean, it is better than the usual 90% world quests that repeat, but I'd love to see a shift towards making more class specific content.

Of course, that's the free content, so I'm not sure if there's a big incentive to do that, especially since they never really intended to expand on that anyway.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

After leveling 7 characters to level 90 in EQ2, leveling in SWTOR is quite pleasant experience. I alternate Empire and Rebublic when I level alts, so they are staying fresh and I alternate dark side options with Light Side and gender for versatility.  There is a quite different feeling to game if you play female or male character.

It is much better experience than other MMOs hansds down. I have 9 level 50 characters right now and about 16 waiting for their turn... I don'yt see myself ever be tired of it. I am already itching for re-playing Imperial Agent story... so my Sniper is getting pretty happy that he will be able to use his awesome sniper rifle pretty darn soon LOL.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E