Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

"Bad review? Give me a good review! >=|" and here we go!

124

Comments

  • ToferioToferio RandomPosts: 1,404Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by fatboy21007
    you people act like spoiled brats, MO has 2-3 friggin devs. So get off your AAA idea ass's. Its a indy company. I just started this game the day it went free to play, i thought the same as you all thought, Till i actually got off my ass and tried it, and guess what, i like the game. I got a sub and donated 25 bucks for the grey halls bit. This is why indy companies fail, Too many kids in mmos these days screaming i want i wan and never contribute to helping a game get better nor the they attempt to fund it. Instead they play fourm warriors and hide behind the keyboard in there mommys basement. Say what u want about MO, but i enjoy and yes i agree it gas bugs that needs fixed, but for such few devs they are doing a pretty good job. If anything go bash Guild Wars 2. that massive dev team yet the game is riddled with more bugs then MO. and That is a fact as i played gw2 , got the lvl 80 char  gears etc. and only endgame ya got is wvw or spvp and guess what, wvw is bugged most of the time.   Anyhow point it, stop bashing games ya dont like, How is the gener to ever change if people make it a point to bash a game into oblivion till it finally goes poof. Then these same turds bashing sit on fourms crying why devs wont take risks anymore and why there isnt really many really unique games out there. Personally if i had the money i wouldnt make an mmo, too many ungreatful people out there with the im spoiled attitude. flame do wat i want. dont care. end of the day most of ya will still be crying  the same tunes, while me n the other smart ones plays indys games and helps them develope.

    Learn to use paragraphs, enter button is your friend. Secondly, it is "indie", not "indy". 

    Anyways, here are some news for you. The reason that MO has "2-3 devs" (while in reality they are ~5) is because of their own incompetence. They started as a strong team of 20 people or so and had to lay off because the game was of extremely poor quality. EvE too is indie, yet they somehow managed to get it working for them. It is a harsh industry. If the game is poor quality, it is poor, being "indie" doesn't give them free pass. You should take a deep breath and relax.

  • BigMangoBigMango BrightonPosts: 1,821Member
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    That's the thing about MO. Naive folks have been talking about its "potential" to grow for over two years now. Difference is, we've actually played longer then a 'week' and know all too well that it isn't happening.

     

    Difference is MO now achieved a very playable state, which it didn't have before.

    Regarding naive people, it seems to me that you were naive enough to play a broken game, which I refused to play... because it  was broken. I started really playing now, now that it works.

    Furthermore, MO is all we have. There is no other sanbox mmorpg of this kind with such possibilities. Darkfall's content is not coming faster (they even went away for 1 year to redo the engine to rewamp the graphics and FINALLY ADD evironmental sounds.... nothing more was done with DF 2.... and the year before they already lost 1 year to redo the graphics in DF 1), and as Tasos said last week it will not be more than a pvp contest game with limited crafting.

    So, here are our choices:

    1. Wow and all of its copies (SWTOR, GW2, AoC, Rift,...) -> the exact same game in a different setting. I'm tired and can't play this same thing over and over again anymore.

    2. EVE, Darkfall and MO.... MO having Darfall's features but being much more. It's the only fantasy mmorpg sandbox.

  • fatboy21007fatboy21007 triadelphia, WVPosts: 409Member
    Originally posted by Toferio
    Originally posted by fatboy21007
    you people act like spoiled brats, MO has 2-3 friggin devs. So get off your AAA idea ass's. Its a indy company. I just started this game the day it went free to play, i thought the same as you all thought, Till i actually got off my ass and tried it, and guess what, i like the game. I got a sub and donated 25 bucks for the grey halls bit. This is why indy companies fail, Too many kids in mmos these days screaming i want i wan and never contribute to helping a game get better nor the they attempt to fund it. Instead they play fourm warriors and hide behind the keyboard in there mommys basement. Say what u want about MO, but i enjoy and yes i agree it gas bugs that needs fixed, but for such few devs they are doing a pretty good job. If anything go bash Guild Wars 2. that massive dev team yet the game is riddled with more bugs then MO. and That is a fact as i played gw2 , got the lvl 80 char  gears etc. and only endgame ya got is wvw or spvp and guess what, wvw is bugged most of the time.   Anyhow point it, stop bashing games ya dont like, How is the gener to ever change if people make it a point to bash a game into oblivion till it finally goes poof. Then these same turds bashing sit on fourms crying why devs wont take risks anymore and why there isnt really many really unique games out there. Personally if i had the money i wouldnt make an mmo, too many ungreatful people out there with the im spoiled attitude. flame do wat i want. dont care. end of the day most of ya will still be crying  the same tunes, while me n the other smart ones plays indys games and helps them develope.

    Learn to use paragraphs, enter button is your friend. Secondly, it is "indie", not "indy". 

    Anyways, here are some news for you. The reason that MO has "2-3 devs" (while in reality they are ~5) is because of their own incompetence. They started as a strong team of 20 people or so and had to lay off because the game was of extremely poor quality. EvE too is indie, yet they somehow managed to get it working for them. It is a harsh industry. If the game is poor quality, it is poor, being "indie" doesn't give them free pass. You should take a deep breath and relax.

     

    This is the net im not here to impress you or anyone. and Eve has almost suffered the same fate a few times now. So dont go there. However i can tell you got one of those atitudes so ima leave this thread before i get banned. All i can say is these days, watching indy games, I hate Gamers, all they do is destroy games most of the time instead of helping them. Peace.

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by BigMango
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    That's the thing about MO. Naive folks have been talking about its "potential" to grow for over two years now. Difference is, we've actually played longer then a 'week' and know all too well that it isn't happening.

     

    Difference is MO now achieved a very playable state, which it didn't have before.

    Perhaps you should try playing longer than 5 days before waving your Pom Poms about.

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by fatboy21007
    you people act like spoiled brats, MO has 2-3 friggin devs. So get off your AAA idea ass's. Its a indy company. I just started this game the day it went free to play, i thought the same as you all thought, Till i actually got off my ass and tried it, and guess what, i like the game. I got a sub and donated 25 bucks for the grey halls bit. This is why indy companies fail, Too many kids in mmos these days screaming i want i wan and never contribute to helping a game get better nor the they attempt to fund it.

    I guess youre accustomed to this level of "service" coming from Xsyon?  Anyway...the "indie" games that fail do so because they suck, not because the players won't continue throwing money at failed projects year after year. It now been 2.5 YEARS, not counting the OB. image

  • BigMangoBigMango BrightonPosts: 1,821Member
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by BigMango
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    That's the thing about MO. Naive folks have been talking about its "potential" to grow for over two years now. Difference is, we've actually played longer then a 'week' and know all too well that it isn't happening.

     

    Difference is MO now achieved a very playable state, which it didn't have before.

    Perhaps you should try playing longer than 5 days before waving your Pom Poms about.

     

    I never said the game was in a perfect state. But currently I prefer to listen to what the long term players tell me ingame and what I hear is good for me.

    Because listening to people here, every mmo sucks. People are complaining and bashing SWTOR, GW2, AoC, Rift, etc...

     

    Of course some of it needs more fixing but systems are there (systems Darkfall for example doesn't even have and never will, according to Tasos).

     

    Anyway, as I said I'll see how long it will last, but currently I'm having a blast with this mmorpg Morrowind.

     

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by BigMango
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by BigMango
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    That's the thing about MO. Naive folks have been talking about its "potential" to grow for over two years now. Difference is, we've actually played longer then a 'week' and know all too well that it isn't happening.

     

    Difference is MO now achieved a very playable state, which it didn't have before.

    Perhaps you should try playing longer than 5 days before waving your Pom Poms about.

     

    I never said the game was in a perfect state. But currently I prefer to listen to what the long term players tell me ingame and what I hear is good for me. Of course some of it needs more fixing but systems are there (systems Darkfall for example doesn't even have and never will, according to Tasos).

     

    Anyway, as I said I'll see how long it will last, but currently I'm having a blast with this mmorpg Morrowind.

     

    Well enjoy, but don't rush into giving SV any money as your outlook will likely change during your time in Nave.

  • YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo virginia beach, VAPosts: 162Member
    Pretty much, funny to see some naive gamer who has played for 1 week try to tell ppl who played nonstop from beta how awesome the game is. Mmorpg morrowind? This wouldn't even pass for daggerfall. Come back in two months and build some credibility and not baseless hype. I myself was telling mates how good this game was my first week until I got to see first hand the duping, corruption and exploiting. Try having the server magically go down every time you try to siege some an enemy amongst other things.
  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    Pretty much, funny to see some naive gamer who has played for 1 week try to tell ppl who played nonstop from beta how awesome the game is. Mmorpg morrowind? This wouldn't even pass for daggerfall. Come back in two months and build some credibility and not baseless hype. I myself was telling mates how good this game was my first week until I got to see first hand the duping, corruption and exploiting. Try having the server magically go down every time you try to siege some an enemy amongst other things.

    image

     

    Hell, even I liked Xsyon, MO and DnL for longer than a week. image

  • BigMangoBigMango BrightonPosts: 1,821Member
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    Pretty much, funny to see some naive gamer who has played for 1 week try to tell ppl who played nonstop from beta how awesome the game is. Mmorpg morrowind? This wouldn't even pass for daggerfall. Come back in two months and build some credibility and not baseless hype. I myself was telling mates how good this game was my first week until I got to see first hand the duping, corruption and exploiting. Try having the server magically go down every time you try to siege some an enemy amongst other things.

     

    1.

    Not naive enough to listen to people bashing a game on mmorpg.com. I prefer to listen to the long time players ingame who are actually PLAYING the game, and what I hear is good for me. Go to the SWTOR, GW2, AOC, etc... forums.  People will be bashing all of these games and telling people how much they suck. Mmorpg.com posters are certainly NOT a reference, no I'm not naive enough to listen to you. Thank you. (On the other hand I like listening to people here talking about the games they like).

     

    And seriously! If the game was so bad, people wouldn't have played it nonstop since beta (more than 2 years!), as you say. You see, I didn't play MO before because it was too broken.

     

    2.

    You are living in a dream world that doesn't exist. Exploiting is in every competitive pvp game. Even in games with no bugs people are bying gold online ,etc... anything to get an edge. There will always be people cheating. So I guess you are not playing any game at all? So if you are not playing any pvp game because people cheat in all of them, why are you here? To tell us how the games all suck?

     

    3.

    Anyway, currently there's no fantasy sanbox mmorpg other than MO. As Tasos said last week, Darkfall 2 will be only a pvp contest game with limited crafting. MO is not perfect, but it's the only thing we have.

     

  • BigMangoBigMango BrightonPosts: 1,821Member
    Originally posted by Hancakes

    Hell, even I liked Xsyon, MO and DnL for longer than a week. image

     

    Same story in every game forum here on mmorpg.com. They all suck in the long run.

    So, you also are not playing any mmo at all due to this and are only posting here to bash games? image

     

     

    edit: ah, I see you and your friend above are a new posters here. Welcome to the forums newbies.

     

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by BigMango
    Originally posted by Hancakes

    Hell, even I liked Xsyon, MO and DnL for longer than a week. image

     

    Same story in every game forum here on mmorpg.com. They all suck in the long run.

    So, you also are not playing any mmo at all and are only posting here to bash games? image

     

     

    edit: ah, I see you and your friend above are a new posters here. Welcome to the forums newbies.

     

    ~Some suck must quicker...

    ~Im sorry, this isnt the general discussion forum?

    ~Yes, because post count and start date add to credibility.image

  • BigMangoBigMango BrightonPosts: 1,821Member

     


    Originally posted by Hancakes

    Originally posted by BigMango

    Originally posted by Hancakes Hell, even I liked Xsyon, MO and DnL for longer than a week.
      Same story in every game forum here on mmorpg.com. They all suck in the long run. So, you also are not playing any mmo at all and are only posting here to bash games?     edit: ah, I see you and your friend above are a new posters here. Welcome to the forums newbies.  
    ~Some suck must quicker...

     

    Everyone has different tastes. Some players here will tell you WOW sucks after 30 minutes play time. Others love it.

     


    ~Yes, because post count and start date add to credibility.

     

     

    Nothing to do with credibility, it just confirms what one can understand from what you are posting: your experience here seems too young to know that it's the same story in every mmo forum here. Nothing different with MO.

    Given this, as people are bashing every game here, we can not get viable information from the game bashers. The serious people who don't like a game leave its forum; who would want to spend the time talking about a game he doesn't like? The only interesting posts are from people talking about the games they like, and then everyone has to try a game to see for himself.... and this is what I am doing, now that the game finally seems to be working after 2 years.

     

  • YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo virginia beach, VAPosts: 162Member
    Originally posted by BigMango

     


    Originally posted by Hancakes

    Originally posted by BigMango

    Originally posted by Hancakes Hell, even I liked Xsyon, MO and DnL for longer than a week.
      Same story in every game forum here on mmorpg.com. They all suck in the long run. So, you also are not playing any mmo at all and are only posting here to bash games?     edit: ah, I see you and your friend above are a new posters here. Welcome to the forums newbies.  
    ~Some suck must quicker...

     

    Everyone has different tastes. Some players here will tell you WOW sucks after 30 minutes play time. Others love it.

     


    ~Yes, because post count and start date add to credibility.
     

     

    Nothing to do with credibility, it just confirms what one can understand from what you are posting: your experience here seems too young to know that it's the same story in every mmo forum here. Nothing different with MO.

    Given this, as people are bashing every game here, we can not get viable information from the game bashers. The serious people who don't like a game leave its forum; who would want to spend the time talking about a game he doesn't like? The only interesting posts are from people talking about the games they like, and then everyone has to try a game to see for himself.... and this is what I am doing, now that the game finally seems to be working after 2 years.

     

    Lol, are we really rehashing the same arguments previous fanbois have thrown for years?   MO is garbage.  Most of us can tell you that because we have played longer then your week.  Get real mate, the game still has many flaws and bugs from two years ago with shit vanishing from inventory, pet issues and shield crashes.  You aren't fooling anyone who has actually played the game longer then a week.  Hell, I thought the game was alright the first week too.  Only one living in a dream is the guy who played for a week and has the nerve to tell us that it is working without issue.  Sure, exploits happen in most games, but in most games, they don't involve you losing your keep or shit you spent a lot of time farming and working toward.   Also, who played it non stop for two years?  Perhaps if you had a little more time then a week in game you would know that the pop was a wasteland before F2P.  The game was dead pretty much.  SV as usual dangled that carrot and gave itself alil more time as they always do.  

     

    Like I said, actually spend some time with the game, then come and tell the people who spent more time then you putting up with the bullshit what the deal is.  

     

     

  • HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by BigMango

     


    Originally posted by Hancakes

    Given this, as people are bashing every game here, we can not get viable information from the game bashers.

    I can guarantee you'll get more truthful information here than you'll ever find on the MO forums.  You aren't allowed to discuss MOs numerous issues without fear of deletions and/or bans.  One would think you would have learned in your vast experience here on MMORPG.com that its good to hear BOTH sides.image  Starvault has openly admitted to recruiting people to come here to promote the game and spin things into a positive light.  MMORPG would quickly turn into a worthless site if these shills went unapposed.

     

    Its always the same old song and dance with each "new" batch of  fans.

     

    One would think you'd spend more time playing your new found game rather than talking about it. image

  • YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo virginia beach, VAPosts: 162Member
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by BigMango

     


    Originally posted by Hancakes

    Given this, as people are bashing every game here, we can not get viable information from the game bashers.

    I can guarantee you'll get more truthful information here than you'll ever find on the MO forums.  You aren't allowed to discuss MOs numerous issues without fear of deletions and/or bans.  One would think you would have learned in you vast experience here on MMORPG.com that its good to hear BOTH sides.image  Starvault has openly admitted to recruiting people to come here to promote the game and spin things into a positive light.  MMORPG would quickly turn into a worthless site if these shills went unapposed.

     

    Its always the same old song and dance with each "new" batch of  fans.

     

    One would think you'd spend more time playing your new found game rather than talking about it. image

    One would think, methinks it may not be as engaging as he says.

  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLPosts: 4,508Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by BigMango

     

    And seriously! If the game was so bad, people wouldn't have played it nonstop since beta (more than 2 years!), as you say. You see, I didn't play MO before because it was too broken.

     

    Ummm.. HUH?  Because a handful of people played since beta, while the vast majority (10s of thousands) left.. that is somehow a sign of how GOOD the game is?image

     

    Umm, OK... curious logic but whatever floats your boat.  Anyhow, the goal of this thread is not to discuss how good or bad the game is but to discuss the "review" posted on another site by a self-professed big-fan of the game.  Let's get back on target here.

     

     

     

    "I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

    Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

  • BigMangoBigMango BrightonPosts: 1,821Member

     


    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

    Originally posted by BigMango   And seriously! If the game was so bad, people wouldn't have played it nonstop since beta (more than 2 years!), as you say. You see, I didn't play MO before because it was too broken.  
    Ummm.. HUH?  Because a handful of people played since beta, while the vast majority (10s of thousands) left.. that is somehow a sign of how GOOD the game is?  

     

    No, I was replying to him.

    He said he played the game for 2 years since beta, so he should know how bad the game is.

    I replied that people don't play bad games for 2 years (if he played so long there must be a lot of good things in this game); I didn't play it before last week because it was broken.

     



    Umm, OK... curious logic but whatever floats your boat.  Anyhow, the goal of this thread is not to discuss how good or bad the game is but to discuss the "review" posted on another site by a self-professed big-fan of the game.  Let's get back on target here.      
     

     

    Ah yep, I got sidestepped. Sorry.

     

  • GenadiGenadi BrisbanePosts: 110Member
    Originally posted by fatboy21007

    This is the net im not here to impress you or anyone. and Eve has almost suffered the same fate a few times now. So dont go there. However i can tell you got one of those atitudes so ima leave this thread before i get banned. All i can say is these days, watching indy games, I hate Gamers, all they do is destroy games most of the time instead of helping them. Peace.

     

    Sigh, such selective arguments these days. Gamers actually created and made this game, 10,000 beta testers and people willing to pay for a product not even out of alpha is what made MO. SV destroyed the game with what they proceeded to do with both MO and their fanbase for the 2 years following. To say gamers destroyed MO instead of helping it is so laughable it's almost sad you believe it.

  • ZeerahaZeeraha ZagrebPosts: 67Member

    ...back to the topic. 

    I read part 2 of the review where reviewer wrote more critical notes of MO. IMO, review pointed out fairly to the bugs, still missing some other issues. Also, game aesthetics wasn't reviewed and how it approached general saandbox gaming population. Unfortunately, IMO, review was done partially, missing reviewing overall picture, but focusing on mechanics and design. MO deserves much more in depth review because from Awakening game moved great step towards quite enjoyable MMO with repertouar of features, but review must be truly critical one, since MO has many issues that drives great deal of population away and leaves sour taste in mouth to some people.

  • DizzyPWDizzyPW Santa Monica, CAPosts: 2Member

    Ah this thread bringsback found memories of why I don't frequent this site as often as I used to. For all the talk of contacting me in outrage I find it funny I would never have known about this if ApocaRUFF didn't bring it to my attention himself.

     

    Tons of sites already offer that 'oh I played this game for 5 days and here are my thoughts.' I call that a first impression and try whenever possible to recruit players that have put some serious time into a game to give me the full picture if the title has been out a while already. I actually had to cut back on ApocaRUFF's full review as he was going well over 6,000 words and we needed something to hold the typical Internet goer's attention, not write a book.

     

    All in all I review this thread as filled with some extreme paranoia. This company can hardly hire a handful of devs. I doubt they have the money to bribe my well paid trusted writers just to get a positive review from such a small website as mine. Heck if they hadn't announced they were offering a F2P option I might have not even bothered posted the thing.

  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Boca Raton, FLPosts: 4,508Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DizzyPW

     

    Tons of sites already offer that 'oh I played this game for 5 days and here are my thoughts.' I call that a first impression and try whenever possible to recruit players that have put some serious time into a game to give me the full picture if the title has been out a while already.

    Would most reviewers post in the "What have you done to promote Mortal Online" thread that they were going to write a review to help publiciize the game?  Nope, that seems to be unique to this review and your site  image   I think that would raise the eyebrows of most editors but as you say it's a small website.  Likely for good reason image

     

     

     

     

     

    "I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

    Starvault's reponse to criticism related to having a handful of players as the official "test" team for a supposed MMO: "We've just have another 10ish folk kind enough to voulenteer added tot the test team" (SIC) This explains much about the state of the game :-)

  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Posts: 397Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    Originally posted by DizzyPW

     

    Tons of sites already offer that 'oh I played this game for 5 days and here are my thoughts.' I call that a first impression and try whenever possible to recruit players that have put some serious time into a game to give me the full picture if the title has been out a while already.

    Would most reviewers post in the "What have you done to promote Mortal Online" thread that they were going to write a review to help publiciize the game?  Nope, that seems to be unique to this review and your site  image   I think that would raise the eyebrows of most editors but as you say it's a small website.  Likely for good reason image

     

     /This

    Obvious bias review is obvious.

     

     

     

     

  • YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo virginia beach, VAPosts: 162Member
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188
    Originally posted by DizzyPW

     

    Tons of sites already offer that 'oh I played this game for 5 days and here are my thoughts.' I call that a first impression and try whenever possible to recruit players that have put some serious time into a game to give me the full picture if the title has been out a while already.

    Would most reviewers post in the "What have you done to promote Mortal Online" thread that they were going to write a review to help publiciize the game?  Nope, that seems to be unique to this review and your site  image   I think that would raise the eyebrows of most editors but as you say it's a small website.  Likely for good reason image

     

     

     

     

     

    This^

  • deathshrouddeathshroud londonPosts: 1,366Member
    Originally posted by DizzyPW

    Ah this thread bringsback found memories of why I don't frequent this site as often as I used to. For all the talk of contacting me in outrage I find it funny I would never have known about this if ApocaRUFF didn't bring it to my attention himself.

     

    Tons of sites already offer that 'oh I played this game for 5 days and here are my thoughts.' I call that a first impression and try whenever possible to recruit players that have put some serious time into a game to give me the full picture if the title has been out a while already. I actually had to cut back on ApocaRUFF's full review as he was going well over 6,000 words and we needed something to hold the typical Internet goer's attention, not write a book.

     

    All in all I review this thread as filled with some extreme paranoia. This company can hardly hire a handful of devs. I doubt they have the money to bribe my well paid trusted writers just to get a positive review from such a small website as mine. Heck if they hadn't announced they were offering a F2P option I might have not even bothered posted the thing.

    dont tell me he actually gets paid to write? can't say its worthy of payment at all.

    there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Sign In or Register to comment.