Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is a joke.

SzkieletorSzkieletor Member UncommonPosts: 34

I was in the beta so I pretty much already knew it is a failed attempt at mmog. What I didn't know tho, is that this game is so strong in fail that every second of gameplay is a wasted time. So here is my review (only bashing and flaming so you can skip to your reply if you actually like this game or pay for it):

1. It is incredibly boring. If you look at activities you spend on most of your time, then it looks like this:

1% - class story. Which is the most interesting part of this game actually.

9% - combat. Which is a very badly designed combat (more on this in point 3).

90% - running around the map and double-clicking to send your companions on a mission every 3 minutes.

2. It is so NOT innovative that my ass hurts. It looks like EVERYTHING was copied from WoW except lightsabers. The most pathetic is ofc the copy of WoW's year 2004 skill system. Which is so fkn stupid (copying it) that I am not even sure if the guy who came up with this idea is not just completly retarded. I mean.... WHY THIS ?! WHY goddamnit....?

3. Combat design is just lame. It is like a Justin Bieber of combat systems. It is mind-numbing. Repetitive, simple, and basically, it makes me feel like I need only 2 abilities all game long while other 30 abilities are just useless.

I had no idea that a game bound to succes could be fked up so much. With the StarWars franchise it is so simple to make a good mmo... It is like EA and BioWare tried their best to mess it up. They probably were thinking something like this: "WoW is already 5 years old, so if we make an exact copy of WoW, then everyone will stop playing it and come to SWTOR, we are going to be rich omg lol!!1111".

Comments

• LyvinsLyvins Member Posts: 70

Great  review !

i just wanted to add that https://www.clonewarsadventures.com/index.action feels more like a star wars MMO then Swtor !

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283
    @op roflmao good read
  • lucasdeisslucasdeiss Member Posts: 6

Perhaps YOU DON'T LIKE THE GAME. But i love it and more than 500k people love this game

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

The Justin Bieber of combat systems?  I've heard some mean things said about Bieber but companing him to SWTOR is below the belt.  (KIDDING)

I have no clue what the OP was trying to add to the ongoing SWTOR discussion since he said he knew in BETA (last year) the game was bad yet waits over a year to post his "review".  He even admits that he is baiting SWTOR fans since he basically tells them to skip the "review" and just respond.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• kinnygkinnyg Member UncommonPosts: 15
    i went back to try it when it went f2p and got capped on how much pvp warzones i can do in 1 day. it was maybe 5 games. *uninstalled*

• lucasdeisslucasdeiss Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by kinnyg
    i went back to try it when it went f2p and got capped on how much pvp warzones i can do in 1 day. it was maybe 5 games. *uninstalled*

so. you are saying you want to play all the game and not paying anything? 

just for free?

• SzkieletorSzkieletor Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Originally posted by Roxtarr

The Justin Bieber of combat systems?  I've heard some mean things said about Bieber but companing him to SWTOR is below the belt.  (KIDDING)

I have no clue what the OP was trying to add to the ongoing SWTOR discussion since he said he knew in BETA (last year) the game was bad yet waits over a year to post his "review".  He even admits that he is baiting SWTOR fans since he basically tells them to skip the "review" and just respond.

It looks like this:

1. I waited a lot of time for this game.

2. I realised it is better to throw my money into toilet than pay for it.

3. It became free to play.

4. I install and try it one more time before I bash it.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240

This isn't a review of SWTOR, it's a statement of one's personal views of what an MMO should be.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    I think it's a lot of fun. :)

Joined - July 2004

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Szkieletor

It looks like this:

Wow, it looks like you really didn't play this game much at all.  90% running around?  You played in the beta (unfinished) and then never bought the game but popped back into it when it went F2P (even though you already said you knew it was bad from beta).  Hmm, something tells me that your OP wasn't really a review.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• GiddianGiddian Member UncommonPosts: 418

I find it a huge waist of time that so many people spend their time bashing games they don't like to get a rise out of the people who do like it.

maybe you should spend more time posting about the games you do like and let others enjoy the games they like.

It looks like this:

Wow, it looks like you really didn't play this game much at all.  90% running around?  You played in the beta (unfinished) and then never bought the game but popped back into it when it went F2P (even though you already said you knew it was bad from beta).  Hmm, something tells me that your OP wasn't really a review.

Depends what do you mean by "much". If there is nothing in this game worth my time besides a quite entertaining class-story, then ofc, I didn't play this game "much at all".

• ElminzterElminzter Member UncommonPosts: 283

lol its his opinion and i respect that, yea i kinda of agree with him too, just another wow wannabe, refreshing to some people and at the same time annoying to some people.

just my 2 cents

• GhavriggGhavrigg Member RarePosts: 1,308

The game needs to be rebuilt from the ground up, on a more versatile graphics engine. It's the only way - albeit impossible at this point - that it could ever become what most people expected it to be.

Way too much focus on the story and voice acting (which didn't even amount to all that much, to be honest). They relied on this one aspect of the game to overshadow the other more disappointing features... such as actual gameplay.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    That was pretty funny actually because everything had a ring of truth to it.
    Originally posted by Gaborik

It looks like this:

Depends what do you mean by "much". If there is nothing in this game worth my time besides a quite entertaining class-story, then ofc, I didn't play this game "much at all".

[mod edit]

1. I played it.

2. I didn't like it.

3. I say why.

• hockey98hockey98 Member Posts: 26
    [mod edit]

The best story of any mmo (way more than 1% of the game). I like the companion it gives a little extra story takes a long time to gain affection of them. I think they did a good job on the flashpoints and ops. Getting a group together to down a world boss is a ton of fun. I find the combat a blast, its a lot better than having only 5 actions like some other mmo out there. [mod edit]
  • LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692

It looks like this:

[mod edit]

1. I played it.

2. I didn't like it.

3. I say why.

1. I doubt you played it past level 10 2. Nothing wrong with not liking a VIDEO GAME 3. Nobody cares about bias ignorant rants that has no value whatsoever.

But all the cool kids here do it.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Well OP you have been holding on since beta to express yourself..i hope you feel better now. I am surprised it took you one year to share your opinions.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

i playing only war zones,dont care for story,cut scenes,voice acting,space missions...i am not fan but game is same quality as many another mmo's ...

yes I am resub only for war zones,my money my deal...so what

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by theoneandonly
    [mod edit]

i play it for the story and i have a few friends that still play. this game is nowhere near as bad as most people here say it is.

i prefer this game to GW2 and wow

then again, that's just my opinion.

Originally posted by theoneandonly

[mod edit]

Umm, nope.  I still play because I still enjoy the game.  I for one didn't play the game expecting it to be SWG2 like so many others did.  In fact I hated SWG so I was glad this wasn't going to be SWG2.

• GaborikGaborik Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by hockey98
    [mod edit]

The best story of any mmo (way more than 1% of the game). I like the companion it gives a little extra story takes a long time to gain affection of them. I think they did a good job on the flashpoints and ops. Getting a group together to down a world boss is a ton of fun. I find the combat a blast, its a lot better than having only 5 actions like some other mmo out there.[mod edit]

I would agree that 99% of the people who bash this game have not experienced any of that.  Its fairly obvious especially when they support post like this one. 

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

[mod edit]

there is a lot to like as long as you are not hell bent on only liking things that are original.

if you are then you will likely never be happy with any mmo the rest of your life.

i like the story's and the fact that there is a different one with each class, i also like the fact that no mmo comes close to the way that their stories are implemented.

the combat may not be original but it is fun compared to other mmo's, i don't see how this combat is so boring when there must be so many other mmo's with combat better? nope, there simply isn't.

this game is far from a joke, its not original, its not perfect, but it has its qualities IMO.

Originally posted by Thebigthrill

SWTOR was a huge disapointment.

The only game that came close was Asherons Call 2.

But SWTOR was the worst .

Fraps the combat then slow it down and look at how horrible the animations are.

Most of the people resposible for this train wreck of a game left or were let go.

I find it hard to believe that there are 500k people playing this game, but if there are I find it hard to believe there are 500k people that are willing to accept such a game that lacks so many features.

People will play anything these days.

You're correct.  There are millions still playing WoW and it is complete garbage.  I mean who wants to play a game that does everything for you.  I'm surprised there isnt an addon yet that turns the entire UI into one button that says "I Win".

This discussion has been closed.