Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long...

1234568»

Comments

• Sw0rn2TheDarkSw0rn2TheDark Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    Originally posted by Xirik

Since its the second largest Sub based MMO 

hahahahah... wait....you serious?

EA got rid of 90% of the servers, TOR sub numbers are without a doubt below EVE and Rift, probably less than TSW which is pretty packed at the moment and growing due to CoH shutdown and because it's simply a great game.

Atm there is only one way for TOR and the signs point downwards. 12 month and no major improvements or additions, how is that supposed to work or keep people playing? Cartel pack gambling boxes?

Disney should cancel the contract with EA before they continue to damage the Star Wars IP and give Sony the deal to create SWG2 instead.

Below EVE?

...are you serious? LOL

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

Give it 2-3 month and new F2P players will be leaving.

In another year they will deliver SSP that most deffinetly will fail.

They will anounce the game will be closing before their second anniversary.

I know that cause my crystal ball told me.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by Sw0rn2TheDark

EA got rid of 90% of the servers, TOR sub numbers are without a doubt below EVE and Rift, probably less than TSW which is pretty packed at the moment and growing due to CoH shutdown and because it's simply a great game.

Atm there is only one way for TOR and the signs point downwards. 12 month and no major improvements or additions, how is that supposed to work or keep people playing? Cartel pack gambling boxes?

Disney should cancel the contract with EA before they continue to damage the Star Wars IP and give Sony the deal to create SWG2 instead.

Below EVE?

...are you serious? LOL

I would think he was serious. In May EvE had 361,000 subscribers and trending up. (They just had an expansion, which is probably the ad you are seeing in the background. Unlike SWTOR, EVE still markets its game.)

(More players then suscribers, which is how they were able to set the 400k+ concurrent players on a single server record.)

How many subscribers do you think SWTOR has?

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

The problem is money and expectations of EA and the investors.  Why do you think EA went to so much effort to play with sub numbers? A lot of money was poured into Tor and continues to suck up a good amount because its the Star Wars IP.

EA can not be happy with how Tor turned out. Not when they felt they had a can't miss WoW destroyer.  They got people playing again, but they are freeloaders.  I doubt that 60% even 40% of people who try the game are subbing.  They are getting some from the cash shop, but casual players are fickle and don't stay with a game long term.

Add to that the harsh restrictions on free players and its seems to be a recipe for a lot of turnover.

The bottom line is I doubt EA is going to be happy with SWToR just getting by.  Its an embarrassment.  My guess is that unless things change I see an empty chair by the fireplace next year.

And that's not hate, its a realistic view of the situation.

• mikahrmikahr Member Posts: 1,066
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

Sorry not happening what exactly? game is online..thousands are playing it. I know you get off thinking about SWTOR shutting down for good but like i said you will have to wait for a very long time before your wet dreams becomes a reality.

I will never understand this mentality. Criticising and discussing flaws is one thing but to desperately want the game to die is whole another level of anger and rage.

You know what "  " means, right?

Desperately want the game to die? What are you smoking?

Its VERY realistic scenario that it will shut down next year, "wanting" or "not wanting" has nothing to do with it.

You see, im not emotionally attached to the game (like some here), its a piece of software, product like any other.

It seems that you have quoted wrong person.

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by VikingGamer
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    Originally posted by fivoroth
    They should give teh Star Wars IP to Blizzard. I am sure Blizzard can turn Star Wars into a hit.

No......give it to SOE.

Give it to Trion, but only on the condition that they make it a sandbox game. They are smart, they will figure it out.

Yes please.

Blizzard would not be that bad too, but it seems Trion is faster to deliver and much more closer to the players.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    Originally posted by tiefighter25
    Originally posted by Sw0rn2TheDark

Below EVE?

...are you serious? LOL

I would think he was serious. In May EvE had 361,000 subscribers and trending up. (They just had an expansion, which is probably the ad you are seeing in the background. Unlike SWTOR, EVE still markets its game.)

(More players then suscribers, which is how they were able to set the 400k+ concurrent players on a single server record.)

How many subscribers do you think SWTOR has?

Below Eve? Easily possible - especially as people no longer need to sub to play SWTOR. (Some will of course.)

Getting on for 5 months ago now - EA announced under 1M more than 500k.  6 month sub were coming up for renewal a week or so later and if only 20% of the initial 2.1M who purchased the game had opted for a 6 month sub then that would be 400k+. EA would know the renewal percentage and having just announcd that the game was going F2P ..... If EA had simply said "just under 1M" knowing that many would probably not be subbed a week or so later then that could be construed as misleading. Suffice to say something closer to 500k than 1M 5 months ago is a reasonable assumption.

Since then indicators continued to drop and now the game has gone F2P so less than EVE seems very reasonable. EVE is an old game whose subs,  by comparison are stable.

Remember the "second largest sub game" statement was made by EA just after launch. Getting people on day 1 - the "easy" bit; keeping people subscribed - much harder.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Sorry just realised the question was answered.

Game seems busy though even Taris had 70 + people.

Chamber of Chains
  • pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

.....probably less than TSW which is pretty packed at the moment and growing due to CoH shutdown and because it's simply a great game.

Why on earth shoult CoH closing down help TSW grow? If it would help another gam that would be DC UNIVERSE...

As far a the fact that TSW is a great game...Purely subjective bro....Imo It also sucks, mainly cause it's a Funcom game

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Devvholic
    How long do you expect this game to last for? Does it have a bright future or will it die in the next year?

It has a future, but if it will be that bright, im not sure.

Some of the initial technix (i.e. multiserver) is already damned to fail.

Also the client/server syncing is not optimal, im not sure, if this new streaming tech concept is something good.

The game itself also has some flaws.

At all, there is huge room for improvements.

After some months of gaming i got so dissapointed that i settled to TSW.

The combatsystem there is interesting as well, but it was not enuff action and Funcom was focusing the PvE things more at that time, so i got rott in Fusang and havnt found compatible people or sidecontent.

SWTOR offers me more, i found people, we have fun with PvP and when im borked, well its a alt loving game.

I wont compare the titles futher, but they are pretty different.

SWTOR warzones do pop always and i've been on 4 servers now.

Multible toolbars, pots, stims, relics, specials, and all the skills ... AoC and SWTOR offer that all keybindable, a complete theatre for my piano to play the song of "my ballz are bigger then yours".

I dislike a lot in SWTOR, but what else offer such things actually ?

There is a lot of games i play but for now, im settled in SWTOR ^^

... oh and i can play it on Linux too :p