Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why this game will be an EPIC fail

Comments

• KickaxeKickaxe Member UncommonPosts: 174

Fantastic replies, JC-Smith.  Very informative and well stated.

I personally have no reason to doubt that a small dev team can work efficiently and, moreover, passionately on their game.  Some of the smaller development companies, like Trion, have shown us bigger is not necessarily better.  Though Repop's team may be smaller yet, there is plenty of room for them to surprise and impress MMO fans with how greatly they can overachieve.

• CreepProphetCreepProphet Member Posts: 104

Originally posted by Atrocitus

Originally posted by JC-Smith Just need to correct a few things:
    ... On Size Of the Team, or Size of the Budget

While you can generally assume that more manpower = more production, that isn't always the case. In Repop, much of what we do is based on generated content. Once you have a good generation system in place, it allows you to be more efficient in your content creation. Rather than designing 7500 hand designed missions by hand, we focus on designing 500 templates. The templates specify the rules, item types, npc types, etc and each of those can be reused many times and each time the npcs, items, etc will be different. You can a lot things done with less people if you can automate or reuse a lot of it.

For things like artwork, you outsource to external artists or art houses, use licensed models, etc. Those types of things would all be mentions in the credits, but they don't count as team members.  Outsourcing is generally far more efficient from a price standpoint than if you do everything in-house.

... On Hero Engine

Your making a judgement on the engine based on how you saw TOR handle PvP or crowds of players. That is not a Hero Engine problem. It's a problem due to a lot of customization on the TOR models. It works fine for the situations the game was designed for most of the time (sparse player population, personal storyline, lot of soloing). It didn't work as well with a large number of players. But those are design decisions.  Had TOR had a primary focus on large scale PvP they probably would have gone in a different direction there, maybe sacrificing some customization to get it done.

As a renderer, Hero Engine isn't on par with the likes of Unreal Tech. But it's strength isn't in its renderer. It does a lot more than that. ... On AI

The last video footage was shot on the first day of ALPHA testing. You can't judge a game AI or any of its systems really based on a 2 second splice you saw in an alpha stage video. At that stage of development everything is still very much a work in progress.

Regarding  'size of the team/budget'....  

So automating/reusage in quest content can allow for more content? Perhaps, but logic dictates repeating quest types will become boring after the first 30 runs.

Questing, generally speaking, is something that players are tired of, much less repeated quest type. And it can be argued that questing is a very shallow content base. In this day and age, games are moving away from this old method of keeping players busy. Again, in two weeks time, after players have done the requisite kill and collect quest or whatever, that type of 'content' will not add to this games allure. Same ol' same ol.....I can hear the players crying now..../shrug

So your argument about computer generated questing giving players something to do? Doesn't hold up......There has to be content, A LOT of it to keep players after the initial launch. There simply are not enough workers to contribute to the overall game. How you deem 'artwork' as content is beyond me.

Regarding Hero Engine. Lack of customization is absolutely horrible. Players can't stand looking like the guy next to him. The only mmo that did this right was Aion. And lets face it, The Repop is no Aion when it comes to customization, or alot of other things for that matter.

Horrible graphics, zero customization and watching a pvp slideshow will do nothing to help this game.....    

Horrid AI? The oft repeated ITS IN ALPHA hurp/durp excuse isn't going to be enough when this game launches. You and I both know there won't be any massive upgrading in that dept before launch. Be honest.......    

Customer service? You glossed over that point......Again, a small work force won't be able to handle the complaints and problems after launch.

Your lack of a larger dev team will be mired in bug squishing eternally. If you think your launching with a lack of content, wait until two months down the road when people are wondering where the content updates are, and your still dealing with alpha bugs......    

SImply put, this game has too many negatives going against it....../shrug

Let's start at the beginning shall we?

Questing, generally speaking, is something that players are tired of, much less repeated quest type. And it can be argued that questing is a very shallow content base. In this day and age, games are moving away from this old method of keeping players busy.

You are saying that you don't think this game will have decent questing then back up your argument by saying no one wants to quest.

I agree, I don't like questing. The good thing about The Repop is that the game will be have more going for it that "quest to level x, raid through current content, loaf until new content, raid through new content, loaf until new expansion, level through new expansion, raid" lather, rinse, repeat. Personally that content cycle does not hold much appeal for me.

I like where The Repop is going in that I'll be able to go exploring, I'll be able to assist in city building, I'll be able to pvp, I'll be able to craft, I'll be able to sit back and watch a sandstorm blast across a building.

No I don't think I'll trade that for the 'Kill 10 rats' quests. No one should have to. We've killed enough rats and as gamers we should get more from our MMO's. We've put in the play time, we've put in our suggestions, and what do we end up getting in the end? Kill ten rats with bigger shinier weapons and more cleavage! Not going to fly anymore, sorry guys. Cleavage is nice, but we all want more to do in the game.

Now onto point two:

A million monkeys typing may end up writing Shakespeare, but do you know how much crap they'll produce before they get there?

How many huge budget games with huge dev teams have we played? All of us probably have a huge list. Now how many of those games are we still playing?

These games didn't really give players something to do outside of raiding and questing.

Sure you 'could craft' but let's face it, crafting in most MMO's seems to be designed as a gold sink and for the most part does not support game play.

You could go exploring, but usually there's nothing to see but more mobs. You might get an achievement for it. Still not a lot of support or incentive for this type of play style.

You could PvP, in the same battle fields, with the same objectives. Time and time again.

All you really had was questing/raiding. Everything else in the game was designed to support that element of the game. If you're not a quester/raider, these games lose their appeal rapidly.

Lack of customization is absolutely horrible. Players can't stand looking like the guy next to him. The only mmo that did this right was Aion. And lets face it, The Repop is no Aion when it comes to customization, or alot of other things for that matter. Horrible graphics, zero customization and watching a pvp slideshow will do nothing to help this game.....

Once again I direct you to the game FAQ's. The sweet thing about The Repop is that you wear whatever armor you want, then swap out fittings in the armor to boost your stats. There may be a boost or two on the armor it's self, but it's what you apply to the armor that gives you all the benefits.

What does this mean? Well it means that I can wear what I like. This is one level of customization. You add that to whatever even basic facial, size, hair color etc, kinds of combinations you choose to add and you have a greater chance to have a unique character. 

As JC already mentioned, there's ample opportunity to make a unique character. 

Sadly though, no wings, no pointy ears and no chainmail bikini. I'm also hoping that the game doesn't have a chest slider. Granted it's hilarious seeing a female character bounding around that's 4 feet tall with a triple F chest but is it really necessary?

I am however hoping that tattoo's make it into the game.  That would be awesome.

Horrid AI? The oft repeated ITS IN ALPHA hurp/durp excuse isn't going to be enough when this game launches. You and I both know there won't be any massive upgrading in that dept before launch. Be honest.......

Now I agree that for most games this would be a deal breaker. AI are very important in most games. For the most part players spend more time interacting with AI in most games than they do interacting with each other.

NOW, The Repop will be a little bit different. AI interaction may be necessary for questing, but that's about it. The rest of the game will be focused on different elements.

Harvesting, Crafting, Exploring, City Building, and PvP in city defense or just plain happy PvP. These last elements are going to be mostly player driven. Lifelike AI won't really be required for these elements of game play and in my mind, these are really what will set The Repopulation apart from most games currently on the market.

Personally I am not in Alpha so I cannot give the current state of the AI in game. My question to the poster is whether or not you're talking about Hero Engine AI's or if you're making an assumption on AI's for a game that hasn't been released or detailed.

Just curious about the background to that statement.

PS - I'm agreeing with what JC said (well and everything he said):

"Repop uses an AI template system. We can create custom AI types for different roles, and NPCs have control over which types of those templates to use, ability selection strategies, formation strategies, etc. There are two different player detection mechanisms, and hooks for all the main things that an NPC would do so each can have custom code. At day one of alpha start there were a total of two AI types being used: One for Turrets, and one for Creatures. Both using the most generic rule set possible. There are now multiple types. AI has already been improved in numerous ways since that time. And it's going to improve quite a bit more prior to launch as we have more time to tweak it. It hasn't been a high priority for us at this point, where getting vehicles, entertainers, sieges, dens and pvp were. By the time the game launches, you can expect many improvements."

Customer service? You glossed over that point......Again, a small work force won't be able to handle the complaints and problems after launch. Your lack of a larger dev team will be mired in bug squishing eternally. If you think your launching with a lack of content, wait until two months down the road when people are wondering where the content updates are, and your still dealing with alpha bugs......

Every game is going to have bug issues. The games released in the past three years or so with flawless launches have been minimal. From independent developers to deep pocket publishers with huge development teams, most launching MMO's have had problems.

I doubt that The Repopulation will see as many issues because the development team has already stated that the game will be released when it is ready for release. On so many aspects they have already kept their word and even exceeded expectations. I don't see them falling back on that statement either.

The team at The Repopulation also actively listen to the player base and take ideas for the game from the people that are going to play the game. To me, listening to your customers is customer service. They are already setting precedence for having good customer service. As long as they set in place a system that will make that same customer service scale-able I don't see that changing any time soon.

In Closing

These days almost every new game has failed our expectations. What we thought the game was going to be and what it turned out being were almost two separate games. We all feel that pain right now. We're all bored.

We've all been saying that we want a new game. Let's support one.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

When devs of the game start telling other that they are trolls or trolling, you know it is not a good sign.. lol!

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by Illudo

Horribad... Guess I can add this word to my dictionary.

On a serious note, speculation leads to a self-fulfilling prophecy. People read this topic thinking the game is bad, thus pass on it.
    Staff should not allow these topics, doom speculations based on nothing but unfundamented opinions only cause bad and unneeded publicity for a game.

Perhaps a new forum should be created "Doom-Mongers".

Making your mind up so far in advance of a games actual release is rather petty and short sighted.

Ppl obviously have faith in this game otherwise it would not have raised it's capital to see further development.

As with all MMO's that are in the pipeline it takes an act of faith in buying the game and feeling assured that you've made a wise choice, listening to some random guy spewing prophetic bile is selling yourself short and the developers.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Here's my speculation to balance the thread title.

You know why this game won't be a EPIC fail, because EA isn't involved with this game.

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496

First off, I am NOT, repeat, NOT in alpha/beta/whatever...Got it? In NO WAY HAVE I PLAYED THIS GAME YET......

You lost some points here for credibility.

I've seen plenty of videos of the game, listened to the 'devs' speak on the game, and have read plenty about it. Heres why this game will not only tank, but tank bigtime.....

Not enough for such a big claim.

Regardless of how long this 'team' of devs have been working on the game, content will be shallow. Its as simple as work force= gameplay. And they have an extremely small dev team. And we all know how fast gamers fly by content these days. There simply will not be enough to do

This is a sandbox game. For a entertaining gameplay you dont need a lot of content. Try to play Mindcraft, created by one dev. It only needs to be creative.

Customer service after launch will be relatively non existant. Again, with hardly any funding, how in the hell can they get a sizeable team to deal with the problems in and out of the game? And c'mon people, we all know how the first few weeks of a mmorpg go. People will be crying about tickets not being answered, bugs everywhere, blah blah blah........

Maybe, but still this is never a reason for a game to fail. Check the history of eve online

The game engine is horribad. Any sizable pvp will end in massive vaporlock. Once again, the almost non existant team won't be able to handle this.

Have you seen the AI in the videos? The mobs just stand there. Period. Its comical.....

The worst argument of all. Why? Because you never played the game and you cant judge the game engine.

I could go on and on, but don't feel like typing any longer. Point of the matter is don't get your hopes up for this game. All signs points to sub par mmo. Once again, I have NOT participated in the game...

• Skymaster123Skymaster123 Member Posts: 8

These threads make me laugh. The original poster has made up his/her mind that he/she won't like the game and wants to tell everyone. My suggestion is to just not play it and move on. These types of posts serve no constructive purpose. 

I have read and researched The Repopulation quite a bit after running into this game. Enough to pledge and support the game.

Edit: Spelling

• IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143

I have seen many stupid posts on MMORPG.COM but this and its author really takes the prize!

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Any space combat - off rails - in Repopulation?

The devs said that they have already started sketching out the plans for space. It will be open.  It won't be in at launch though.

awesome!!!

I'm in for the ride!

+1 for this game

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Indie game just get by  and this one will also just get by or shut down like other sandboxes. Time will tell.

Minecraft just gets by ... I guess.

To the original poster:

I may take your post serious when you stop trying to form arguments with "herp/derp", "EPIC Fail", and "Terribad".

N3v3rriv3r and qombi, you guys totally beat me in adding Minecraft to the list.

I mean that even has multi-player support and no quests, yet still is addictive as solid cup of Starbucks (I mentioned Starbucks because it's funny and usually breaks no TOS rules). 

Anywho, the downside to these kinds of threads is that it tries to make a game that hasn't even launched yet look bad. That's sad.

The upside is that more people are looking into the game because of the press, good or bad. 

For folks that are coming onto it and like what they see, WELCOME ABOARD. 

For folks that don't think it's their bag, hey, you're welcome to your opinion. Granted, as long as you don't mind if we give counter points to your arguments. 

Now... 

Back to what I SHOULD be doing, gaming.  ^^

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

First off, I am NOT, repeat, NOT in alpha/beta/whatever...Got it? In NO WAY HAVE I PLAYED THIS GAME YET......

I've seen plenty of videos of the game, listened to the 'devs' speak on the game, and have read plenty about it. Heres why this game will not only tank, but tank bigtime.....

Regardless of how long this 'team' of devs have been working on the game, content will be shallow. Its as simple as work force= gameplay. And they have an extremely small dev team. And we all know how fast gamers fly by content these days. There simply will not be enough to do

Customer service after launch will be relatively non existant. Again, with hardly any funding, how in the hell can they get a sizeable team to deal with the problems in and out of the game? And c'mon people, we all know how the first few weeks of a mmorpg go. People will be crying about tickets not being answered, bugs everywhere, blah blah blah........

The game engine is horribad. Any sizable pvp will end in massive vaporlock. Once again, the almost non existant team won't be able to handle this.

Have you seen the AI in the videos? The mobs just stand there. Period. Its comical.....

I could go on and on, but don't feel like typing any longer. Point of the matter is don't get your hopes up for this game. All signs points to sub par mmo. Once again, I have NOT participated in the game...

Depth of content > a lot of shallow content. There looks like there will be a lot of player driven systems.

Cust. Service, Ok I'll give you this one. As long as there are not hacks, and a overwhelming amount of bugs. CS shouldn't be needed.

The engine is bad? How do you know this. Why would you say this.  Hero 2.0 right? As long as it's not single thread like swtor (idiotic), things may be ok. It's far too early to say this.  I don't think anyone as seen a thing on Hero 2.0 yet.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by bcbully
    Depth of content > a lot of shallow content. There looks like there will be a lot of player driven systems. Cust. Service, Ok I'll give you this one. As long as there are not hacks, and a overwhelming amount of bugs. CS shouldn't be needed. The engine is bad? How do you know this. Why would you say this.  Hero 2.0 right? As long as it's not single thread like swtor (idiotic), things may be ok. It's far too early to say this.  I don't think anyone as seen a thing on Hero 2.0 yet.

This is their initial offering. It's going to have bugs and it's going to need customer service. There are zero MMORPG that release without some sort of customer service issues that need to be addressed.

The upside is that the game doesn't look terribly complex. It seems to be a cookie cutter sandbox game. Plus, the Hero Engine provides a lot of back end stuff that the team will have to spend less time on, so they can spend more time on the game's features. If the game actually works, as it has been advertised, then they should be fine.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Marcus-Marcus- Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Would all this be as opposed to all the MMOs that come out these days with some ridiculous amount of millions of dollars of investment, so many  devolopers that you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a good dozen of them? 

And with all those devs, and that huge workforce, we still get more tokens, more 6v6 pvp, more endless gear treadmill, more linear gameplay of the same ol same ol...

Imagine that, shallow gameplay.

As far as sizable PvP being a massive vaporlock, well, we all know a ton of money, and "some of the most experienced developers in the world" weren't able to curb that from happening, so i guess all hope is lost for any decent MMO ever being made?

I actually have more confidence in an "indie" developer pulling off a good MMO these days than the guys who consider themselves "AAA" developers. Those top notch guys seem to be stuck in some sort of "linear" developing cycle they can't break out of, its somewhat scary.

Not sure if these guys are the answer, but heres to hoping.  image

Originally posted by Marcus-

Would all this be as opposed to all the MMOs that come out these days with some ridiculous amount of millions of dollars of investment, so many  devolopers that you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a good dozen of them? 

And with all those devs, and that huge workforce, we still get more tokens, more 6v6 pvp, more endless gear treadmill, more linear gameplay of the same ol same ol...

Imagine that, shallow gameplay.

As far as sizable PvP being a massive vaporlock, well, we all know a ton of money, and "some of the most experienced developers in the world" weren't able to curb that from happening, so i guess all hope is lost for any decent MMO ever being made?

I actually have more confidence in an "indie" developer pulling off a good MMO these days than the guys who consider themselves "AAA" developers. Those top notch guys seem to be stuck in some sort of "linear" developing cycle they can't break out of, its somewhat scary.

Not sure if these guys are the answer, but heres to hoping.  image

That summed up a lot of what I've been thinking. Nice.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by qombi

Indie game just get by  and this one will also just get by or shut down like other sandboxes. Time will tell.

To the original poster:

I may take your post serious when you stop trying to form arguments with "herp/derp", "EPIC Fail", and "Terribad".

Mine craft is a sandbox MMO now? since when?
  • Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367

Its easy to say that a new mmo will be an epic fail, couse alomst all mmos after wow were fails. Espacially sandbox games with a small budged.

Well, I say that the chance for this game to last more then one year and make some profit is about 5%.

To the original poster:

It can be played on servers in Multi Player mode. That fits the Multi-player bit. The Massively element really depends on the tech of the server. Beefier servers can allow more players on at any one time. Though I'm not sure what the total cap is on the number of players allowable.

Minecraft is probably more like a Mini Multiplayer Online instead of a Massively Multiplayer Online.

From what I understand of the sandbox label it seems to fit pretty well.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by JC-Smith

Just need to correct a few things:

... On Size Of the Team, or Size of the Budget

While you can generally assume that more manpower = more production, that isn't always the case. In Repop, much of what we do is based on generated content. Once you have a good generation system in place, it allows you to be more efficient in your content creation. Rather than designing 7500 hand designed missions by hand, we focus on designing 500 templates. The templates specify the rules, item types, npc types, etc and each of those can be reused many times and each time the npcs, items, etc will be different. You can a lot things done with less people if you can automate or reuse a lot of it.

For things like artwork, you outsource to external artists or art houses, use licensed models, etc. Those types of things would all be mentions in the credits, but they don't count as team members.  Outsourcing is generally far more efficient from a price standpoint than if you do everything in-house.

... On Hero Engine

Your making a judgement on the engine based on how you saw TOR handle PvP or crowds of players. That is not a Hero Engine problem. It's a problem due to a lot of customization on the TOR models. It works fine for the situations the game was designed for most of the time (sparse player population, personal storyline, lot of soloing). It didn't work as well with a large number of players. But those are design decisions.  Had TOR had a primary focus on large scale PvP they probably would have gone in a different direction there, maybe sacrificing some customization to get it done.

As a renderer, Hero Engine isn't on par with the likes of Unreal Tech. But it's strength isn't in its renderer. It does a lot more than that.

... On AI

The last video footage was shot on the first day of ALPHA testing. You can't judge a game AI or any of its systems really based on a 2 second splice you saw in an alpha stage video. At that stage of development everything is still very much a work in progress.

Regarding  'size of the team/budget'....

So automating/reusage in quest content can allow for more content? Perhaps, but logic dictates repeating quest types will become boring after the first 30 runs.

Questing, generally speaking, is something that players are tired of, much less repeated quest type. And it can be argued that questing is a very shallow content base. In this day and age, games are moving away from this old method of keeping players busy.

You missed the highlighted red-part

The templates specify the rules, item types, npc types, etc and each of those can be reused many times and each time the npcs, items, etc will be different.

Again, in two weeks time, after players have done the requisite kill and collect quest or whatever, that type of 'content' will not add to this games allure. Same ol' same ol.....I can hear the players crying now..../shrug

So your argument about computer generated questing giving players something to do? Doesn't hold up......There has to be content, A LOT of it to keep players after the initial launch. There simply are not enough workers to contribute to the overall game.

Hmm seems you need to do alittle more researche, in a sandbox type of games it's mostly the players that provide the content, the crafting, the trading, exloring, harvesting. This seems to be a community type of game, not some hack and slash online combat game like many MMORPG are today.

How you deem 'artwork' as content is beyond me.

Regarding Hero Engine.

Lack of customization is absolutely horrible. Players can't stand looking like the guy next to him. The only mmo that did this right was Aion. And lets face it, The Repop is no Aion when it comes to customization, or alot of other things for that matter.

Horrible graphics, zero customization and watching a pvp slideshow will do nothing to help this game.....

Untill a game is at open beta status I see little to no use discussing alpha state of graphics apart from official tech support forums of such game. while I don't believe in great drastic changes in graphics/animations I am certain it can become slightly better.

I still feel this is going to be a more of a community game then it will be a follow NPC missions > reward type of game. Most likely it's the players that make the game alive instead of depending on NPC's to do just that. Which is obviously different in ThemePark MMORPG where it's the NPC's that need to make the world alive due to the limited community interaction simply because for "most" things you don't need other people in theme-park games as they play as easy as singleplayer co-op games.

Customer service? You glossed over that point......Again, a small work force won't be able to handle the complaints and problems after launch.

Your lack of a larger dev team will be mired in bug squishing eternally. If you think your launching with a lack of content, wait until two months down the road when people are wondering where the content updates are, and your still dealing with alpha bugs......

I actually feel the smaller the dev-team the more focus there is. a hugh dev. team bring so many people with experiance together that dev 1 has great idea while dev 2 till 100 also has some great idea's. I believe that the bigger the dev-team the harder it will be to achieve certain deadlines.

SImply put, this game has too many negatives going against it....../shrug

I think it's more like: It's not the type of game you will like. Just like me or anyone else you read into things of games and spot the things you like about your gaming habbit. The Repopulation doesn't seem the game for you, I read countless of game info and there is plenty around which I don't liike.

I am 100% sure it will FAIL.......in the eye's of those who seem to expect something different then what the game is able to offer.

And for those who feel atracted towards what the game actually is going to offer and already offers it's a wait and see what happens cause we can't predict the future, but we have to keep expectations releastic, especially when it comes from having expectations of a indie company. When it comes to player run economy it's something for the more patient type of gamer, those who expect 1 week after release to have a great player run economy experiance will most likely be the player that isn't playing the right game for him/her.

What I am also am certain about is that this game is targetted towards a certain niche, just like EVE, Eve isn't a mass-appeal product. It has a certain niche of gamers who enjoy the game greatly and it's considered very succesfull even though it doesn't match the might WoW subnumbers.

• MarlonBMarlonB Member UncommonPosts: 526
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

To the original poster:

I keep looking for the word "MMO" in your OP, yet I can't find it.  Saying what you mean goes a long way to communicating your point which is empty by the way.

The point was that a small team with little budget can make an awesome game. The "MMO" part (where was it mentioned?)  is not even relevant.

• fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409
    and again more spoiled AAA brats, Good god you people are annoying, How in the hell are you judging a game that hasnt even released nor a friggin alpha started yet. You all complain that there needs to be more risk taking games out there. this company is a indy company and taking risks to create this game and you all havent even played it and your bashing it. Also 25 posts from op, im sorry mmorpg but that account is clearing made to do one thing.
  • EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

The Repopulation will not be a EPIC fail since EA has nothing to do with it image

So we all now can go back to what we were playing and pretend this thread never existed, apparently the OP is talking out of arse like most negative players on any game. (However he managed to get me to post a reply image)

Originally posted by JR4D

The Repopulation will not be a EPIC fail since EA has nothing to do with it image

So we all now can go back to what we were playing and pretend this thread never existed, apparently the OP is talking out of arse like most negative players on any game. (However he managed to get me to post a reply image)

I'm being lenient, but I'm betting the OP is another person who feels burned by a game that he/she was hoping would be better than it turned out to be.

That can sour a person on any new games and sometimes frustrations are taken out of context. 

Granted I'm giving a benefit of the doubt.

I am however glad to see that not as many people share the ideas held by the OP. That is something special. 

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Originally posted by CreepProphet

A million monkeys typing may end up writing Shakespeare, but do you know how much crap they'll produce before they get there?

That's a silly myth from people who don't understand probability.  A million monkeys typing on a million typewriters for a million years would probably never produce a single correct, meaningful sentence longer than 30 characters.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348
    Originally posted by CreepProphet

To me, listening to your customers is customer service. They are already setting precedence for having good customer service.

That's absurd.  Listening to your prospective future players is great, but isn't what you're looking for if the game has launched but you can't get it to run on your computer.

This discussion has been closed.