Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is with the "we"?

QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230

Who is "we" people put on the title in their threads? And why have you suddenly started using it instead of "me" or just "some of us"? It is not "we like" it is "I like". You do not speak for me.

What is this? Are you royalty?

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    We as in me, myself, I, and my french friendo moi?

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    We don't like to be asked questions.
  • XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    some of us = we. Plus, if they find anyone that shares the same view as what they have, we is acceptable. Useless post.
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    I know what you mean, but it makes more sense applying the statement to an actual "we" post, rather than question it in general.
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254

We have told you all you need to know.

If you need to know more, we will decide.

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by Fearum

I'm still laughing rofl.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    Subliminial advertising for the Wii, you

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by Fearum

We are not amused.

Well, we are, but only slightly.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

We

A term forum users use as a crutch so they don't feel alone.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

It all started with "We love pie", which is a statement that was 100% true.
  • VendettaDFAVendettaDFA Member Posts: 72
    We is more than you and as long as they are preoccupied with them. No one is coming to your side. We win. Mob mentality 101
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

They're talking about this guy

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by Quirhid

Who is "we" people put on the title in their threads? And why have you suddenly started using it instead of "me" or just "some of us"? It is not "we like" it is "I like". You do not speak for me.

The Yanks have been the greatest cause of deterioration to the English language since 1776 ;)

Originally posted by darwa

The Yanks have been the greatest cause of deterioration to the English language since 1776 ;)

We prefer a meme. IBT 'murica.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985

So what gives with your post 14 minutes prior to the OP in this thread?

"We all know your premise is wrong." http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/371316/page/1

Were you in the mood to take ``we`` for a wee test drive.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by Cecropia

So what gives with your post 14 minutes prior to the OP in this thread?

"We all know your premise is wrong." http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/371316/page/1

Were you in the mood to take ``we`` for a wee test drive.

Hihi, saw that as well.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by XxGrimmxX
    some of us = we. Plus, if they find anyone that shares the same view as what they have, we is acceptable. Useless post.

I messages are better than we messages.  We message are used to imply numbers as leverage of a position in making a point.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
    Originally posted by BizkitNL
    Originally posted by darwa

We prefer a meme. IBT 'murica.

I'm a bit pissed (that means drunk, not angry btw), and this is the best I could come up with :p

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,348

"we" = "me plus everyone else who agrees with me".  Which sometimes just means "me".

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Quizzical

"we" = "me plus everyone else who agrees with me".  Which sometimes just means "me".

Come on now, I can almost find at least one other person to agree with my outdated and sometimes absurd positions so we is appropriate in most cases.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    We think this thread will be locked soon.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    We are never wrong.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RazperilRazperil Member Posts: 289

Like some have said, it's just a bandwagon thing. People on here tend to have the need to want others to feel what they do. Or hope for it at least. Even i have in ways kind of said "other's like me" from time to time. It might be improper, but somehow some of us know we "do" have others that feel like we do at times or on certain opinions. In anycase, I do not speak for anyone, nor would I want to. If everyone agreed, there would be no reason for "opinions". And of course bashing, flaming, trolling would be errelevent :)

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by XxGrimmxX

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

The use of 'We' in many instances  here ('We know this to be....X') is argument by definition or a priori.   It should probably go into the same round file as the terms 'real mmos' and 'true mmo players'.  

It's fine to like what you like.  Misrepresenting things, less so.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.