Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fundamental similarities between rogue and warrior classes?

Basically, I like the rogue and warrior classes the most in rpgs among the general classes rogues warriors clerics and mages.

I include rangers as a subclass of rogues btw. 

Are there are any similarities that rogues and warrior classes generally share?

Do they both primarily deal physical damage as opposed to magical damage? Would me liking rogue and warrior classes the most imply that I like applied mechanics? Like the study of motion of bodies in classical physics. Which includes solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, fracture, finite element analysis, etc. 

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Well they are similar in that one person keeps making new accounts and asking the same question about how similiar rogues and warriors are.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • 12Physics3412Physics34 Member Posts: 5
    I just mean that if I like both rogues and warriors and if they share a specific similarity, then doesn't that mean that I like that?
    Well from what I've seen, the rogues and warriors that I like mostly are proficient in mechanics, so doesn't that mean that I like applied mechanics?
    After all, from the games I've played they're basically complete opposites other than mostly doing physical damage.
  • BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869

As far as applied mechanics fits into this, a question comes to mind.

Do you have a dog?

Flame on!

:)

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Hm. Other than melee? Meh.

Usually, Warriors are in-your-face-I-dare-you-to-try-and-stop-me, while rogues are in-your-face-I-am-stabbing-you-while-keeping-you-stunned.

Really though, It's hard to generalize the 2, since their mechanics and uses vary from game to game.

Any possibility that you like both because of their differences, rather than their similarities?

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Hm. Other than melee? Meh.

Usually, Warriors are in-your-face-I-dare-you-to-try-and-stop-me, while rogues are in-your-face-I-am-stabbing-you-while-keeping-you-stunned.

Really though, It's hard to generalize the 2, since their mechanics and uses vary from game to game.

Any possibility that you like both because of their differences, rather than their similarities?

Well they cover both extremes from light to heavy armor, fast to slow, stealthy to in your face. 

Wouldn't their only similarity be that they are proficient in mechanics and both primarily deal physical damage?

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

Both men and women can be rogue or warriors. Only women wear rouge though, remember that. Both kill people/things with pointy metal objects that are made of a certain metal. Both fight in melee range.

What's wrong with you OP?

• Asuran24Asuran24 Member Posts: 517

I would put it more as warrior an fighter , over warior an rogue. As a rogue has a pretty pointed specific style that most players identify. With a fighter theyare normally like a warrior in that they both fight up-close, and deal mainly in physical damage, while the warrior goes for mitigation thru armor, and the fighter goes for evasion by ligher armor an agility. It is kinda like looking at a un-mounted knight an a swashbuckler, they have simiilar aims an go about thigns sometimes in the same manner, but the way they achieve that aim is different fundamantally.

Originally posted by Asuran24

I would put it more as warrior an fighter , over warior an rogue. As a rogue has a pretty pointed specific style that most players identify. With a fighter theyare normally like a warrior in that they both fight up-close, and deal mainly in physical damage, while the warrior goes for mitigation thru armor, and the fighter goes for evasion by ligher armor an agility. It is kinda like looking at a un-mounted knight an a swashbuckler, they have simiilar aims an go about thigns sometimes in the same manner, but the way they achieve that aim is different fundamantally.

Well between warriors and rogues is the only similarity that they both mainly deal physical damage?

Does that mean I like applied mechanics?

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Grunty
    Well they are similar in that one person keeps making new accounts and asking the same question about how similiar rogues and warriors are.

+1

Really end those fu***in threads. 

• xeniarxeniar Member UncommonPosts: 805

seriously what?

they say there are no stupid questions only stupid awnsers but this one....

Yes you like aplied mechanics.. ? o_0

now what?

• BetakodoBetakodo Member UncommonPosts: 333

He keeps talking babble about applied mechanics, his name is 12physics34.

Boy, what is the application of Bernoulli's principal on an aircraft wing?

Originally posted by xeniar

seriously what?

they say there are no stupid questions only stupid awnsers but this one....

Yes you like aplied mechanics.. ? o_0

now what?

no I just mean.... if I like rogues and warriors does that mean I like applied mechanics?

Since the only similarity between them is physical damage and proficiency in mechanics.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Oh look whos back with his weird questions

Are you this guy? (there are tons more)

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091204151424AAjh9ID

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110426021502AAIdvtT

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100725142410AAMwzpU

If not then at the very least i suspect you may suffer from the same mental illness

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Must be a full moon somewhere in the universe tonight, it's wacky Saturday it seems.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This is a repeat topic from a poster who is very fond of this question. Locking.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.