Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New website and new developer!

MogusMogus Member Posts: 169

We launched the new website last night. Still not 100% but it's an improvement over the last that will work out until alpha.

Also added a new developer to the team! He's a Cornell Engineer Grad and a higher level exec with IBM who joined the team to aid in the development of our database infrastructure. Very glad to have him on board!

Things are moving along well and hopefully in the next week or so we will have an interesting housing demonstration for everyone.

www.greedmonger.com
Did you like Ultima Online? Then you'll LOVE Greed Monger!

Comments

• VernamVernam Member UncommonPosts: 50

I like what you're doing with the site Mogus, it looks pretty cool. As a web developer there was a few things that immediately stood out to me though:

• Since you guys are building the site on WordPress you should turn on Permalinks for the SEO, preferably to %postname%
    • When you click the banners in the posts it links directly to the image, which WordPress always does by default when you insert media, its redundant though you should change them to link to the post
    • The "go" button that should be next to the search bar is floating in a strange spot
    • Search bar is broken, can't click in the box with Firefox, internet explorer lets you search but results in a severely broken layout
    • "Read more" button actually isn't a button, only the link can be clicked, the text is also way out of place in IE
    • Maybe hide incomplete pages from the menu until they are done?
    • What looks like should be links in the header and footer are not actually links
    • Your vBulletin isn't setup to use seo friendly links
    • Sounds like you guys are having some serious spammer problems with vBulletin, might want to research alternate plugin options
    • Asking people to post their email addresses on such a widely used forum software is going to get their email addresses picked up by some vicious spambots
    • The "click here to register" link in the black popup box on the forums is broken
    Feel free to message me if you need any help.

P.S. Really looking forward to the housing demonstration.
  • MogusMogus Member Posts: 169

I have messaged you.

Thanks!

www.greedmonger.com
    Did you like Ultima Online? Then you'll LOVE Greed Monger!

• erinyserinys Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by Vernam

I like what you're doing with the site Mogus, it looks pretty cool. As a web developer there was a few things that immediately stood out to me though:

• Since you guys are building the site on WordPress you should turn on Permalinks for the SEO, preferably to %postname%
    • When you click the banners in the posts it links directly to the image, which WordPress always does by default when you insert media, its redundant though you should change them to link to the post
    • The "go" button that should be next to the search bar is floating in a strange spot
    • Search bar is broken, can't click in the box with Firefox, internet explorer lets you search but results in a severely broken layout
    • "Read more" button actually isn't a button, only the link can be clicked, the text is also way out of place in IE
    • What looks like should be links in the header and footer are not actually links
    • Sounds like you guys are having some serious spammer problems with vBulletin, might want to research alternate plugin options
    • Asking people to post their email addresses on such a widely used forum software is going to get their email addresses picked up by some vicious spambots
    • The "click here to register" link in the black popup box on the forums is broken

lol, so much crap on that site.. how can you call that a new site ;)

• JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by erinys
    Originally posted by Vernam

lol, so much crap on that site.. how can you call that a new site ;)

And what would you do differently with the site?

Instead of just saying there is so much crap on it let us know What you don't like about it!

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308

Hey, I got banned from your website for making a cool forum post. Would you be able to unban my account and restore the post as a permanent sticky?

(Hey MikeB, love your website, five locked threads)

Hi