Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscription

Comments

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,378
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

Get a job?  

All of a sudden 50 cents a day isnt a massive investment for hours of entertainment.

My firm belief is if you cant afford a $15 a month sub then you probably would be far better off not gaming.  Be that as an adult or a kid.

Peoples priorities sometimes get out of whack.

If not...well theres tons of free games out there, and according to the people who cant afford the sub, those free games are better anyway...so why even bother trying to beg for a game to go free (or super cheap)...let us working stiffs have some games we can enjoy without that crowd.

Oh and your a psychic then being able to "see" that poeple posting on an interent forum have no jobs etc. Maybe you should stop wasting 15$ a month on crap that isn't worth it ?

It's my firm belief that "wasting" 15$ months means you don't really have to earn your own money and therefore have no idea of it's worth. Maybe leave daddys money alone and make your own and get some perspective.

Oh and you can't compare going to the movie with a sub for a online game, it's apples and oranges.

See how that goes...

Frankly I think 5$ is too low but say 10$ well I think that would be much better than 15$ and they would get more people and more money .

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

what makes me pissed off is how selfish people are. First off this is a company in greece whos econ has fallen. Second this company I think is already charging only $10 a month before... And yet you guys are selfish enough to ask for $5 and say they will make more money without actual proof is just bullshit.

I know from running prem Minecraft server and offering 5-10-15 sub rates that 95% of my members always go for the 15. Because if they have $5 on the internet they usally have $15.

SNIP

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Originally posted by Asm0deus
    Originally posted by Crunchy222 Get a job?     All of a sudden 50 cents a day isnt a massive investment for hours of entertainment.   My firm belief is if you cant afford a $15 a month sub then you probably would be far better off not gaming.  Be that as an adult or a kid. Peoples priorities sometimes get out of whack. If not...well theres tons of free games out there, and according to the people who cant afford the sub, those free games are better anyway...so why even bother trying to beg for a game to go free (or super cheap)...let us working stiffs have some games we can enjoy without that crowd.
    Oh and your a psychic then being able to "see" that poeple posting on an interent forum have no jobs etc. Maybe you should stop wasting 15$ a month on crap that isn't worth it ?

It's my firm belief that "wasting" 15$ months means you don't really have to earn your own money and therefore have no idea of it's worth. Maybe leave daddys money alone and make your own and get some perspective.

Oh and you can't compare going to the movie with a sub for a online game, it's apples and oranges.

See how that goes...

Frankly I think 5$ is too low but say 10$ well I think that would be much better than 15$ and they would get more people and more money .

Sir you talk a lot of rubbish!

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by kanechart
    Another failed thread idea. Hi I'm 13 and I can't put more then 30 hours in a week. Please only charge me $5 while I go to the movies and spend $20 for 2 hours of enjoyment. 

I think people who spend $20 for 2 hours of enjoyment at the movie thearter don't understand the value of money when they can pay $8 a month for Netflix and $1.50 for a new rental at Redbox.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

I wont sub this due to the polygonal grafix.

Thats just sad because if it does not has a trial or a f2p option, i will never be able to 1. view it life to judge if its really that terrible like on the screenshots and 2. to play the game and check out the combat system and game mechanic.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by rawfox

I wont sub this due to the polygonal grafix.

Thats just sad because if it does not has a trial or a f2p option, i will never be able to 1. view it life to judge if its really that terrible like on the screenshots and 2. to play the game and check out the combat system and game mechanic.

No newly launched game ever offers a trial, it'll have a trial in the future most certainly. There will also be people streaming on launch day no doubt, so that'll give a better idea of the game.

F2P? ...please.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • TeilkTeilk Member UncommonPosts: 15

F2P just makes it easy for the hackers and chinafarmers to ply their trade.

Lower subscription cost really probably does not matter. If you see people excited about the product and speaking as if they are enjoying themselves while doing it, you will probably join in. There will be thousands of us going with whatever fee gets charged, so wait and see what people think (and miss out on the first month or two of fun), and then make your decision about the extra $5. If you cannot afford it, you need to spend a lot more time re-evaluating your priorities and a lot less time gaming.

This whole entitlement trend among gamers is bizarre. They spend upwards of $10,000,000.00 USD developing and releasing a game and these kids expect it for free, lol.

• allendale5allendale5 Member Posts: 124
    Okay this is probably a dumb idea, but why not charge $15 per month to start and then scale it down by one dollar per month, so your second month would be $14, your third month would be $13, etc. until you achieve free to play.  This could encourage players to hang  in there and also to take advantage of all the content instead of power leveling.  Seems like so many games are going F2P after a year or so anyway, so this way it would keep the cashflow going for anybody who has not played at least 15 months, and at the same time it would avoid the pitfalls of the f2p model.

From what i recall, DF was never above 9.95€ / mo anyways. That alone is 33% cheaper than most subscription MMOs on the market.

Dunno if they used real exchange rates for out of EU customers (which i think is more than okay, since every single US based game always translater from 14.95$ to 14.94€ which is really more like 20$).

Current rate:

14.95 EUR = 19.3265 USD

Now ask a WoW player if they were willing to pay 19.3$ a month, i'd say you'd see a HUGE drop in subs, but that's what we EU's pay for every sub-game.

Funny how there's alot of crying about 15$, it's nothing compared to 19.3$
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Scellow

Most of people don't play mmo with subscription because it's too expansive , most of those game fail .. but i know a litle game "dofus" with a little subsription fee (5€/month) and it works like a charm , this company earn money and new player each month

http://www.dofus.com/fr/boutique/18-abonnements

So i think it's a good idea to kill the average price of mmo and propose a little amount

Originally posted by davestr1zl

Please AV, don't start with the basic 14$/month sure you'll not win new user ..

5$/month will be a nice idea !! i'm 10000% sure that you'll earn more than if you start with 14$/ month

I know AV is an Greek company, and they need money (Economic Crisis), but don't be so tightwad and give opportunity for playing to poor person :)

and how do you know this for certain?

Because there will be more player

14 * 10 000 players =  140 000/m

5* 50 000 players =  250 000/m

DF is a good game ! so do not underestimate the possible number of subscriber if the game is under the average price of mmo's

You have no evidence whatsoever that there would be 5 times as many players if the price was dropped by 1/3.

It is far more likely that the same number of people willing to pay 5 dollars a month would pay 15.

The reason F2P works is that it gets potential purchasers in the door with no investment needed, whereas lower subscription fees still gate that. But I doubt a change in fee from 15 to 5 dollars would get the same effect, because you would still have the same people willing to pay a sub fee.

Originally posted by morbuskabis

Originally posted by Crunchy222 Get a job?     All of a sudden 50 cents a day isnt a massive investment for hours of entertainment.   My firm belief is if you cant afford a $15 a month sub then you probably would be far better off not gaming.  Be that as an adult or a kid. Peoples priorities sometimes get out of whack. If not...well theres tons of free games out there, and according to the people who cant afford the sub, those free games are better anyway...so why even bother trying to beg for a game to go free (or super cheap)...let us working stiffs have some games we can enjoy without that crowd.

See how that goes...

Sir you talk a lot of rubbish!

Well possibly but I at least remain civil about it image

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'd pay extra (In a good MMO) just to keep people that want it to be free to play out. Free to play mmos are crap.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Originally posted by Jurred
    I think you're right. I'd pay 5 a month for it, definitely not 15. Not because I can't afford it, but because I'm not able to put enough time into a game every month for it to be worth 15 dollars to me.

Wait...I'm sorry..what? Why do people expect everything for free now? And yes...5 bucks is only .16 cents a day so it's nothing.

15 bucks a month for 24-7 game time is a bargain - I used to spend that in one afternoon at the arcade (in the olden days)

Next people will be asking these companies to pay THEM to play.....unbelievable.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    .....game will be delayed anyway with all this lack of new info........more time to argue that im on welfare  with 6 kids and cant afford 15 a month

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by echolynfan
    I think you're right. I'd pay 5 a month for it, definitely not 15. Not because I can't afford it, but because I'm not able to put enough time into a game every month for it to be worth 15 dollars to me.

Wait...I'm sorry..what? Why do people expect everything for free now? And yes...5 bucks is only .16 cents a day so it's nothing.

15 bucks a month for 24-7 game time is a bargain - I used to spend that in one afternoon at the arcade (in the olden days)

Next people will be asking these companies to pay THEM to play.....unbelievable.

15$/month is still not even half a dollar per day.. which is no money at all for pretty much anyone not living on the street.

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707

BTW: I can't read all this but I assume people who don't have a job are under 18. As far as I know this is a 18+ Game. World of Warcraft if your old enough is suited for 13 year olds if you like ohhh wait sub..

Welp I guess there is always Barny :)

SNIP

Originally posted by Zushakon
    Originally posted by echolynfan

15$/month is still not even half a dollar per day.. which is no money at all for pretty much anyone not living on the street.

You can't really view it like that unless there is a per day option lol.  My main gripe is with a 15$ a month plan is I then feel like I MUST play everyday or I am wasting money.

Marketeing is very much about peoples viewpoint, all these gripes about it being cheap and people need to get a  job is old fashion bigotry and doesn't have anything to do with the main idea of this thread.

I grant you that 5$ is too little, like some have said they would need to triple the player base to break even with 15$ if not more.  On the other hand I feel 10$ a month instead of 15 would probably work nicely and increase their revenue, my opinioin is that 10$ a month for ONE game is a breaking point for many poeple.

It's like when you OC your pc and put in your own auto fan speed curve, there are key points you want to up the fan speed, it is not a  straight up  /  progression.

I think 10$ a month is the new threshold for many between saying ok lets try it and if I like I will stick around and naw I will wait and see how it's doing in a year from now.

Now you can all keep on with the "subtle" name calling and the exagerated OMG you are all cheap blah blah or come up with some better arguments, quite frankly I am a little dissappointed with all the retarded kneejerk reactions.

15$ / mo is nothing.

That's 2 pints of beer OR

1 visit to your friendly neighbourhood fastfood restaurant OR

1 movie at the theaters OR

1 Medium/large pizza..

1 night out with friends NO dinner involved = est. 150$ per person..

Man some people are just CHEAP-ASS

Don't want to cough it up, FINE don't play, but don't come here crying.

Originally posted by Fusion

15$ / mo is nothing.

1 Medium/large pizza..

Again your missing the point are you all that sure 15$ a month is still the optimal nujmber for max revenue, other than some unintelligent rants by some overly emo posters I haven;t seen any  good arguments.

It's like the  "in my day we walked 5 miles through hip deep snow uphill to go to school, you youngster are all just lazy..." arguments bellyaching. It's just not very relevant.

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104

15$ / mo is nothing.

1 Medium/large pizza..

X100

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Originally posted by Kaminaxius

15$ / mo is nothing.

1 Medium/large pizza..

X100

The value of money differs from people ..

15$ a pizza from pizza hunt, but 5$ if you make it yourself

You need to read about how much money is needed to make and maintain an SANDBOX MMO you'll see that the game don't worth 15$/mth..

So to recap from this thread I gather If  Aventurine did a market  study that showed they would make more money subbing at 10$ instead of 15$ a month you all would cry and complain that it should be 15$ even still because its cheap and you think anyone that doesn't have a job or doesn't want to pay 15$ a month for one game shouldn't play?

I mean who cares the usa is in a recession, greece is going bancktrupt and the rest of europe are having hard times as well. You guys are clever!!!

15$ / mo is nothing.

1 Medium/large pizza..

X100

You need to read about how much money is needed to make and maintain an SANDBOX MMO you'll see that the game don't worth 15$/mth..

What the hell does it matter WHAT IT'S WORTH?! It's worth just as much as they ask, no more, no less. Can't/won't pay, DON'T.

Again your missing the point are you all that sure 15$ a month is still the optimal nujmber for max revenue, other than some unintelligent rants by some overly emo posters I haven;t seen any  good arguments.

I don't really give a rats a** what you're trying to "rationalize" about what's profitable and what is not, if they say it's 15$ it's 15$ end of discussion. If you want good "arguments" about how they could be more profitable by charging less (like that ever makes sense), take it to Aventurine i'm sure they'd be pleased to tell you why less isn't more.

15$ / mo is nothing.

1 Medium/large pizza..

X100

What the hell does it matter WHAT IT'S WORTH?! It's worth just as much as they ask, no more, no less. Can't/won't pay, DON'T.

I don't really give a rats a** what you're trying to "rationalize" about what's profitable and what is not, if they say it's 15$ it's 15$ end of discussion. If you want good "arguments" about how they could be more profitable by charging less (like that ever makes sense), take it to Aventurine i'm sure they'd be pleased to tell you why less isn't more.

Im not trying to rationalize anything but some of you sure as hell are lol and doing very poorly at that. The point is the game in its present situation wants to maximize profits that's for sure as such if they did bother to do a market study and it did show 10$ was more optimal you all would just have to shut up.

You all are very ignorant on how markets work, Did you all know when you go grocery shopping in those big chains often times in those nice  sales they have ( they do this with bananas often) they often sell one or two items at a loss just to attract people becuase they know those people will buy other things that are not on sale and they make money doing this?

Ofc this isn't exactly the same and they can't put the subs on sale for cost but they sure as hell should be looking at what an optimal sub price is as that can change over time and with the present economic situation.

15$ / mo is nothing.

1 Medium/large pizza..

X100

Im not trying to rationalize anything but some of you sure as hell are lol and doing very poorly at that. The point is the game in its present situation wants to maximize profits that's for sure as such if they did bother to do a market study and it did show 10$ was more optimal you all would just have to shut up.

You all are very ignorant on how markets work, Did you all know when you go grocery shopping in those big chains often times in those nice  sales they have ( they do this with bananas often) they often sell one or two items at a loss just to attract people becuase they know those people will buy other things that are not on sale and they make money doing this?

Ofc this isn't exactly the same and they can't put the subs on sale for cost but they sure as hell should be looking at what an optimal sub price is as that can change over time and with the present economic situation.

This is the wrong place for you educate us on marketing, we do not control the company.

It doesn't matter to me wether it's 10 or 15, if it bothers you and your kind, take it to the proper recipients and see if something can be done about it.