Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My experience with Mortal Free 2 Play so far.

2»

Comments

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by phantomghost
    Originally posted by Genadi
    Originally posted by mymmo

So, just because you read things on the internet dosent mean you in anyway are entitled to your flawed opinon about my logic. I dont know, maybe you are new to internet, but its astonish that you dont seem to know  how forum works. Those that have the ability to get their stuff up and running  keep their opinions to themself and are not posting things like "oh. im so happy it works". It dosent happen. Those that cant get their things to work or feel that they are in some way wronged are the ones running their "opinion" on diffrent forums. And its to often in just a trashy way - not trying to find a solution and also not trying to help other with the same issue. If you read the OPs text once again you will see what kind of post we are really discussing . I will even give you hint, the main purpose with the text is right in the first sentece. I say it again,  the fault lies on the user. 

Quoted for awesome irony. Know what you're talking about before you go beating your chest next time. Remember, if ever in doubt blame SV, 99% of the time they're to blame for the crap that MO produces.

His post is some what true.  I actually see many good posts.  Of course they probably occur when the game goes down for patching, and people want to get their good words out... but people do post good things now and then.

I'm friends with the guy who had to rebuild their broken launcher during beta. Trust me I know first hand just how capable SV are.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    so your a friend who stabs him in the back? by talking badly about his job and the people he works with. He is a prt of the company earning from it and hoping for it to succeed.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Originally posted by deathshroud
    so your a friend who stabs him in the back? by talking badly about his job and the people he works with. He is a prt of the company earning from it and hoping for it to succeed.

Get a grip deathshroud, no one is stabbing anyone in the back.  If my friend assists or works for a shit company, then that does not mean that my opinion as a consumer goes out of the window.  No real friend would expect that unless they were very immature.  Just because you have some stockholm love/hate relationship with MO doesn't mean everyone has to as well.

but when his job is very much on the line at the moment, i would consider it offensive if some of my friends started talking badly of something i was trying to build up in an effort to halt its process, possibly even putting me out of a job.

But hey thats just me, maybe i put more faith in freindship than most.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300

but when his job is very much on the line at the moment, i would consider it offensive if some of my friends started talking badly of something i was trying to build up in an effort to halt its process, possibly even putting me out of a job.

I m not a friend with the guy that helped them build the patcher during beta but i also know their skill level. You probably arent a friend of that guy and you know their skill level.

The guy who built the patcher was a volunteer, he doesn't have monetary interest in the game.
  • argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    If you are talking about Paratus, i m not so sure about that.
  • ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    The guy who built the patcher was a volunteer, he doesn't have monetary interest in the game.

I think they hired him thou, didn't they?

Originally posted by Toferio
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo

I think they hired him thou, didn't they?

Can't remember, I may have him mixed up with another chap that I heard helped with the game.  In any case, he work for a bad company, then he gets no "buddy" pass.

• GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110

You assume far too much. You have no idea what you're talking about.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    It's PvP.  "Player versus Patcher".

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • RoleroRolero Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by XAPGames
    It's PvP.  "Player versus Patcher".

hehehe you are funny

Originally posted by Genadi

You assume far too much. You have no idea what you're talking about.

then maybe you should explain it a little clearly becuase thats the impression you are giving off.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

seriously dude, don't even bother.

i downloaded the F2P patch and now every 10 minutes that i sit on a horse all my controls start bugging out, i can't turn, i can't dismount, i can't equip enything, can't cast, cant use any keybinds, i can't even bring up the log out menu to re-log.....i have to Alt-Tab out of the game and close the window manually. it happened 4 times yesterday as i was going from town to town to see if there were more people about.  

i'm so effind done with this piece of crap game. nothing but a waste of space on my hd.

Meh like all ffa pvp games its a piece of shit just like darkfall, darkfall uw will be, and any other game like this, they can't survive because the market for them is extremly small. People hear/see full loot pvp and they just instantly lose interest. DW:UW is hyped up to hell, but its bascally the same game just updated a bit. It'll be dead after 2-3 months just like the orignal was. The mmorpg market is bascally a casual fest now no thanks to world of warshit.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by cirsyndic
    [mod edit]

You know I wouldn't even bother if I had a patched client at this point...  no content to even look at that I haven't seen.

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Well after reading all the threads/posts.I will skip MO.Not going to wait around for 4 hrs or 9 hrs or 2 hrs to download a game and then try to get it running..No thanks i will pass..thanks for the Info guys/gals..

I retired retroactively..Haha

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821
    Originally posted by Popple
    Well after reading all the threads/posts.I will skip MO.Not going to wait around for 4 hrs or 9 hrs or 2 hrs to download a game and then try to get it running..No thanks i will pass..thanks for the Info guys/gals..

What are you talking about? MO runs great.

I installed the game 5 days ago with no problems at all (it took perhaps 2 hours to download and install), and now I've been having a blast with it for the past week.

This is imho one of the top mmorpgs. On one hand you have WOW and all of its clones (SWTOR, AoC, Rift, GW2, Tera, LOTRO, etc... which are the same repetitive game in a different setting) and on the other hand you have EVE, Darkfall and Mortal Online.

I first tried MO 2 years ago in beta. It was so broken that I uninstalled it after a couple days. But this week as it went F2P I tried it again and its a beauty.

It feels like Morrowind. I think I have never been so immersed in an mmo.

As a new player I think it's important  to try out the different starting cities, because after trying 2 of them  I wanted to uninstall the game (didn't like the cities and found the movement/combat to be clunky).

But then I started again in Meduli and ho boy, this changed the game for me. And once I improved the different skills movement and combat became smooth too.  (searching the web to learn how to play helps a lot).

Of course the game is not perfect, but there is so much depth to the sanbox elements, it's completely different from the other quest grind "fetch me this same thing over and over again" games.

I'll see how long it lasts, but after my 1st week, it gets better the more I play,  I'm highly impressed.

the problem with mo is the installation process varies signifcantly in success rate dpeending on the persons pc.

Many have issues with it but not everyone, personally i had no trouble installing any of MOs patches until the awakening patch which was a nightmare.

great though that you are enjoying the game, some do some dont