Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Ncsoft : Massive layoffs and offices undergoing 'realignment'

12346»

Comments

• xmechnaxmechna jax, FLPosts: 19Member

down with the bloody red quee ... er NCsoft ,no mercy !!!

mm hope my 2 favorite ips get sold to better homes CoH an autoassult

• WraithoneWraithone Salt Lake City, UTPosts: 3,592Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by asmkm22
    NCSoft is one of those companies that have built up a pretty bad reputation, to the point that having their name attached to a game makes it less appealing, regardless of who developed it.  Anyone remember the whole Richard Garriot, Tabula Risa mess?

Sadly, yes.  I played from launch to the day it was shut down.  I really liked aspects of that game.  But it needed much more development, to be a really good game.  But looking at NCsofts antics that came out during the trial (which NCsoft lost), I'd never, ever do business with them. 

• xmechnaxmechna jax, FLPosts: 19Member
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by FromHell
    Originally posted by superniceguy
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by gipper36
    my dream has become a reality,down with ncsoft....we win
    [mod edit]

If I was working at NC Soft right now, I would be looking for another job (it is easier to find another job when you are in a job), but if NC Soft have brains they would sell out before they are down, and let EA buy them or something.

If they get as far as bankruptcy then the games could be sold off, and even the IP to COH could be bought by a competent company

I say if NC Soft goes down, all employees and the profitable games will still be OK and better off as chances are will be with a more competent company.

people get laid off after a game is finished, this has happened quite often with other devs too.

I'd say business as usual

Except their revenue is going down

Nov 13th when that post I linked to, they were in bad shape then at (169,000 KRW), now they are worse again (149,500 KRW)

What game finshed?

They laid off 80 employess with the closure of Paragon Studios, and now more layoffs within NC Soft themselves

I'm not seeing anywhere that this is because of shutting down CoH, though.

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/chart?symbol=036570.KS  

aug 28th  guildwars2 was released sales raised their stock  back into the normal range  in sept the month they anounced coh to be closed their stock went into a downwards spiral  1+1 = 2  ??

12346»