Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is a 12/12/12 release date still feasible?

kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

It is now Saturday the 8th day of December of the year 2012 AD.

With the vastly lacking information at this point on actual release date, release time, purchase price, subscription pricing, whether former subscribers get in first, or whether the floodgates open to everyone all at once, or other concrete important information such as download size, I have a question.

Is it feasible that Darkfall Unholy Wars will be released on Wednesday the 12th, with only two business days between now and then.

Many hope the game will release then, but at this time, is that a reasonable assumption?

Comments

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Their post actually hinted towards preorders on Monday... so I would say yes it is feasible... may not happen but it is feasible.

• enoliceenolice Member UncommonPosts: 71

In the next severals hours we will get info that they need more time to give us perfect game......bla bla bla all over the same.

Some guy few months ago posted info that he got very good info source and DF:UW will be released in 2013 - hope he was just trolling but they've already changed date once so who knows ......

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,373
    Likely they will go with a controlled launch, perhaps even letting in their most loyal customers and friends first, in small groups at a time to make sure the servers can handle it. If so, then sure, Wednesday is very feasible.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I'm completely out of my area of expertise here, but does STEAM require some kind of contract for the game to be released on the exact day they specified? I just think something like that would be set up since this isn't only affecting the DF devs at this point. I could be COMPLETELY wrong though.
  • 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

With the vastly lacking information at this point on actual release date, release time, purchase price, subscription pricing, whether former subscribers get in first, or whether the floodgates open to everyone all at once, or other concrete important information such as download size, I have a question.

Is it feasible that Darkfall Unholy Wars will be released on Wednesday the 12th, with only two business days between now and then.

Many hope the game will release then, but at this time, is that a reasonable assumption?

It was announced that they would be working over the weekend on preorders.  Remember though that anyone who bought DF1 just has to sub not buy the game again (I've still got 14 days on my sub so I don't have to do anything except download the game).  Also, it is extremely doubtful that they will release on steam anytime soon, that will come a couple months after launch most likely.  So the answer is yes, most likely the game is coming out on wednesday, at least for me and any old DF1 players it will be.  For new players we don't know if you will get in on Weds, although I would think you will be fine.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

Are these topics to only thing people can talk about? Here's an idea... WAIT UNTIL 12/12/12.

I'm new to Darkfall. I'd rather read some topics that have some information, not someone who is terribly impatient asking the same question over and over and over. Ugh.

• Cstahler92Cstahler92 Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by wormed

Are these topics to only thing people can talk about? Here's an idea... WAIT UNTIL 12/12/12.

I'm new to Darkfall. I'd rather read some topics that have some information, not someone who is terribly impatient asking the same question over and over and over. Ugh.

My assumption is that the impatient people are people who played DF, got addicted, and ahven't been able to play for a couple of months.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    Originally posted by XxGrimmxX
    I'm completely out of my area of expertise here, but does STEAM require some kind of contract for the game to be released on the exact day they specified? I just think something like that would be set up since this isn't only affecting the DF devs at this point. I could be COMPLETELY wrong though.

it's very very unlikely the game will be available on steam on the 12th. 

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Believe it or not,no definitive release date is the BEST thing that can happen to a game.

Every single game that announces a release date,is releasing a game before it is ready,that means cut off unfinished content and erase anything that is bugged ,not working right.In the end they brag about polish but the product is only half ass.

I am not putting this game into any stereotype,i am merely saying that if this game needs more time,that is plenty acceptable,a MUCH better scenario than releasing too early.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LinaksLinaks Member UncommonPosts: 13

It's 3 days before launch.. My opinion is, that it will be available at 12/12/12.

Tasos announced on the 14th Nov. that the release date will be on 12th Dec.

That means, 6 days before lunch. You dont want to say me, that they cancel 1-2 days before lunch.

Just my mind.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Believe it or not,no definitive release date is the BEST thing that can happen to a game.

Every single game that announces a release date,is releasing a game before it is ready,that means cut off unfinished content and erase anything that is bugged ,not working right.In the end they brag about polish but the product is only half ass.

I am not putting this game into any stereotype,i am merely saying that if this game needs more time,that is plenty acceptable,a MUCH better scenario than releasing too early.

I'm not really sure where Darkfall UW fits in with that.  I mean Darkfall was already released, and now its being done over and being released again, but different.  It also has a definite release date - but that's the question if it will make that date or not.  A delay to make a game better is fine, but hopefully they don't do the same thing as before and release it and then rerelease it again later to try again at getting it right.  If that happens, wonder how much hype there will be for Darkfall 3 (name subject to change)?

• Adhesive33Adhesive33 Member UncommonPosts: 227
    I certainly hope it will meet it's new launch date (really looking forward to playing it), but I can't recall the last MMO to launch with as little information available as Unholy Wars. If this lack of information isn't indicative of another delayed release, I'm worried that it may be a sign of a subpar game. I'll keep my fingers crossed.