Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Media] Forsaken World: Exclusive War of Shadows Trailer & Screens

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment has partnered with MMORPG.com to bring our readers the first look at the next expansion to Forsaken World. Called "War of Shadows", the expansion brings a new zone, two new instances, an updated skill/talent feature and the Lycan race to Forsaken World. Check out our exclusive screenshots and overview trailer!

Check out Forsaken World: War of Shadows - Exclusive Trailer & Screens.

imageimage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    This race sucks. The race is Lycan yet they can only transform into wolf form for 10 seconds... What?

Smile

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675
    YES !!!! Just what we need another F2P from PWE
  • VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    this F2P from PWE has been around for a really long time, and its not that bad

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    lycan and vampires? original
  • Amphib_IanAmphib_Ian Member Posts: 170
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    This race sucks. The race is Lycan yet they can only transform into wolf form for 10 seconds... What?

you mean it isn't like the werewolfs in wow that are perma-wolf form and switching to human is strictly cosmetic? sad :(  well still they took the time to arrange to have their preview trailer on MMORPG.com so we should at least say it's cool. if it's all negative stuff they'll never do it again!! :D

• thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    My question is whether this game ever gets difficult or not.  It's possible to literally faceroll through the starter areas, so I never played much beyond them.  If it's an actual challenge later on, it'd be worth checking out the new content.
  • GorkosGorkos Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Challenge? Nah. PvE stuff are pretty easy in average blue gear and average refines. Some 75+ instances are tough but still not challenging enough (imo). The other side of "challenge" is "the impossible": PvP against cash shoppers. lol. Still, it's a good game simply because your success depends on how social you are. You have to join a a guild or you can't craft lvl 50+ stuff and you need parties because you can't do instances and dailies alone. That's why FW is a good game, I made craploads of friends there. It's not a boring solo cr@p game like most of the MMOs these days...
  • IggiePuffIggiePuff Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by Entropy14

Huh, Forsaken World has been out for over a year and a half now at least.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by thecapitaine
    My question is whether this game ever gets difficult or not.  It's possible to literally faceroll through the starter areas, so I never played much beyond them.  If it's an actual challenge later on, it'd be worth checking out the new content.

Its pretty much the same, all the way through.  Its the very definition of the term grind.  I like the eye candy graphics (almost as good as TERA's), but the rest is what has become standard for a PWE game. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Amphib_Ian

you mean it isn't like the werewolfs in wow that are perma-wolf form and switching to human is strictly cosmetic? sad :(  well still they took the time to arrange to have their preview trailer on MMORPG.com so we should at least say it's cool. if it's all negative stuff they'll never do it again!! :D

I can't give them credit at all for this expansion considering they didn't try at all on it. You realize that the male can only play as one class (assassin) and the female can also only play as one class (priest), and both of these classes are already within the game?

That's why I said it's evident they didn't try really with this expansion at all.

Smile

• thakursethakurse Member UncommonPosts: 25
    another game I will never play
  • zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442
    Originally posted by Entropy14

Uh, and...?

They put a lot of effort into most all of them, with a lot  of variety and differences.. From Star Trek, to Rusty Hearts to use a couple..

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

FW is pretty fun as you can use mentors to run you through difficult dungeons. Content is not large but keep you pretty busy. 

Only bad stuff is: cash shopers gets more and more advantages and it's not fun for f2p. But it still nice casual game or can be pro if you planning to spend like 1k$ per month. =D

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Skuall
    lycan and vampires? original

At least they didn't go with Edward and Jacob.  I guess.

Still, if you're gonna rip off some Underworld, I want Beckinsale in tight leather, dammit!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306
    More and more the games are nothing as they once were. Now they're all like WoW, dumb, stupid, kiddie games which have nothing worthwhile to offer. At least not for adults, anyway.
  • catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677
    Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa
    this F2P from PWE has been around for a really long time, and its not that bad

I have also had fun in forsaken world. Forsaken World is a good side MMO for me.  

• arudresaarudresa Member UncommonPosts: 8
    they've automated everything. you can literaly alt-tab while your char is farming. what kind of a game is that lol..
  • akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    Originally posted by Amphib_Ian

Actually what Razeekster is trying to say is that there are more than just Werewolves under the catagory of Lycanthrope. Also Foresaken World and World of Warcraft stole the idea of Lycans from Werewolf the Apocalypse and Dungeons and Dragons(which has 24 different types of Lycanthropes).

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    This game was actually a lot more fun than I expected at low levels.  At least on my dwarf hunter.  It wasn't until I had to grind dailies or sit next to guild bonfires(or whatever they were)  that it became unbearable.