Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Bad review? Give me a good review! >=|" and here we go!

Comments

• LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    reading MO threads is more fun than playing the game indeed
  • fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    I HATE YOU VIDEO GAME!
  • GenadiGenadi Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Originally posted by Lahuzer

Let me quote him: "I post on forums a lot. I have over a thousand post on the Darkfall forums, over two thousand on OnRPG, and nearly 300 on Greed Monger forums. And those are just the forums I am most recently active in. There are even more games from the past that I was active in, such as SWG, Planetside, now Planetside 2. In my guilds private forums I have a lot more than all those combined, and I am part of several guilds for different games".

He apperantly is a big "supporter" of ALOT of games and sites. Not only MO like you wanna make everyone think. And since he likes sandbox games (MO, DF, Greed Monger) he seems well suited to review it. And to quote him even more. In his review he writes for instance:

"No one can claim that Mortal Online has a shortage of features. Dozens of them currently in and dozens more planned for the future. In this area, I feel that StarVault has gone above-and-beyond and I have got to congratulate them on giving their players so much to do, no matter how buggy most of it can be".

He does something that I know some of you can´t do. See the game that is behind all the bugs. I know, I run into them as well. But even so, the game is rly fun to play. I think he is spot on. He doesn´t suger coat it as much as you wanna make it sound. End it with a Hancakes classic: image

He didn't mention GM corruption, he didn't mention GM's and mods using their powers to ghost scout opposing guilds, he didn't mention the numerous times Discord has been asked to step down by the majority of the pop. If he's going to give a review based on playing for a while that's fine but to exclude all of those well known facts kills his credibility. Obvious fanboi is obvious.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

3.5/5 is probably how i would score the game as well.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• ApocaRUFFApocaRUFF Member Posts: 12

There is a couple of things I would like to adress first that came up before Part 2 was posted. One of my videos that was posted on this forum was edited post-recording because it was night in the game. I do know of "gamma hacking", though.

I was not paid by SV and it's quite immature for you to try and claim that I was just because you do not agree with my review. If you do not like my review, you are free to your opinion, but there is no need for unfounded accusations.

I have played many games. I spent more time on Darkfall than I have in Mortal Online. I beta tested Darkfall as well, and I stayed up all night to order it. I plan to play Darkfall on the 12th while I am still not actively playing Mortal (I did get on for a couple of days after F2P). I have been completely open about my time in Mortal and I have never tried to claim I wasn't a fan of the game. I did say I wasn't a HARDCORE fan of it, but I conceded that my definition of a hardcore fan of something is probably different.

As for mentioning GM corruption, I never had an issue with it and I have never been given genuine evidence of its existance. People had plenty of time to contact me via the MO forums if they had something they thought I needed to look at. I posted on the MO Forums almost as soon as I began writing the article. The weeks I played the game after I made my post on the MO forums was to update myself on the games current state and to get a better understanding on what Awakening had to offer. Other than that, I had played the game a lot and already knew a majority of what it was about.

I have also never had any contact with Henrik besides his one post on my "Scribe Services" thread. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to actually do the scribe services. The one potential customer I got I had to turn down because the free time I had was ending (I think from some promotion?) and I did not want to resub.

Anyways, just as I said on the MO forums, you are free to your opinions and thank you guys for the Feedback. I wish it were a bit more constructive rather than "CUT OFF HIS HEAD AND PUT IT ON A SPIKE!" But oh well. Perhaps you would like to look at some of my other reviews. Ravaged and Guns of Icarus are already up on the site. RaiderZ as well. I can't be sure of what other are currenlty up.

This is the last time I will post here, don't want to add flames to an alraedy raging inferno.  Hope you enjoyed part 2.

Oh, and pssst. Click my name to see some juicy post of me defending MO on here. THE HORROR AND BIASEDNESS! THE HORROR! /sarcasm off

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    A review should be done from a neutral, unbiased point of view, preferably reflecting new player experience (since reviews are aimed at getting new players to try the game out). The author is not capable of either of those things after his three years in MO. There are plenty examples of GM corruption who teleport red players to guards, reverted sieges and so forth, but apparently if you were not the victim they dont exist.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

To be honest I downloaded Mortal Online.

I got errors installing the dang game, so I had to uninstall and reinstall it a second time it took like 5 hours or so to download not bad.

I entered the game made a new character played for like 10 minutes looked at the UI terriable, graphics not as good as darkfall IMO, and then I asked in help.

1. Can I learn every skill in the game, they answered something along the lines I can be and play anything I want the game doesnt restrict you.

2. But theres only 1000/1500 points max.

Okay that answered it for me right there if I can't max every skill like DarkFall on a single character I AM being restricted to how I want to play.

3. I looked and saw no Third Person Mode For Melee?

Killed Four pigs it looked like crap in First Person.

I logged out said farewell thanks for the info im waiting for DarkFall 2 unless the devs seriously fix MO.

Uninstalled the game it wasn't worth my 25+ gigs of Hard Disk Space.

[mod edit]
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Renoaku

I got errors installing the dang game, so I had to uninstall and reinstall it a second time it took like 5 hours or so to download not bad.

I entered the game made a new character played for like 10 minutes looked at the UI terriable, graphics not as good as darkfall IMO, and then I asked in help.

1. Can I learn every skill in the game, they answered something along the lines I can be and play anything I want the game doesnt restrict you.

Okay that answered it for me right there if I can't max every skill like DarkFall on a single character I AM being restricted to how I want to play.

I logged out said farewell thanks for the info im waiting for DarkFall 2 unless the devs seriously fix MO.

Now this is the kind of "review" of MO I think most people here loves. Maybe someone should hire him to test MMOs more, cause he sure went knee deep into what MO is all about./ sarcasm off once again.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

A quick visit to the site would have given you all of this information for a lot less than 25 Gigs of HDD space :)

You didn't know any of that before you decided to download it?  I hope its the last time you do that.  Your character is not limited because they can set skills to decay or lock  them ala UO.  You can shift your skill gains and refocus quite quickly.

The game is intended as 1st person only. . I felt that added some depth.   The game is still wrecked but is good fun for at least a month of two if you get past the first 2 hours or so of gameplay and get into it.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Now this is the kind of "review" of MO I think most people here loves. Maybe someone should hire him to test MMOs more, cause he sure went knee deep into what MO is all about./ sarcasm off once again.

Yeah, because apparently you need three years of experience to enjoy the game and avoid the bugs.. This will make for a great first impression.

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Toferio

Yeah, because apparently you need three years of experience to enjoy the game and avoid the bugs.. This will make for a great first impression.

OK. But this guy didn´t even mention a bug. He missunderstood what the game was all about. How the skillpoints system works, and how much skillpoints you have. That there was only first person view. And killing pigs looks ugly. And saying DF1 looks better made me LOL. But to each their own I guess. But I add you as well to possible future reviewers cause you think 10-20 minutes or however long it took for this guy to ask in help then kill 4 pigs before logging out. That sure is enough time to review a MMO right?

Edit. Now I leave you to do your "thing" here. This good review for MO has made some here SO mad and I love it. So had to come here and see the rage first hand, but it quickly gets boring, cause I arguee with the same 4-5 guys as always. Have fun you all. And prolly see most of you in DF:UW...

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by ApocaRUFF

Oh, and pssst. Click my name to see some juicy post of me defending MO on here. THE HORROR AND BIASEDNESS! THE HORROR! /sarcasm off

The account you sat on for 4 years without posting, then spam 14 pro MO posts in one day and then never used again until now?

Sure, Thats the first time we've seen that around here. /sarcasm off image

You said: " -I post about the game in many other forums"  Hmm

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    [mod edit]

You always say that, and yet you keep returning, calling other people mad haters while you yourself come off as one of the most aggressive and flamboyant posters here, spouting straw men and superlatives left and right.

Why don't you just leave once and for all if we are so horrible? One almost gets the impression that you like this site a lil' bit. : )

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    I agree, his tone seems seems full of more anger then any of us tbh.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

I have played many games. I spent more time on Darkfall than I have in Mortal Online. I beta tested Darkfall as well, and I stayed up all night to order it. I plan to play Darkfall on the 12th while I am still not actively playing Mortal (I did get on for a couple of days after F2P). I have been completely open about my time in Mortal and I have never tried to claim I wasn't a fan of the game. I did say I wasn't a HARDCORE fan of it, but I conceded that my definition of a hardcore fan of something is probably different.

Anyways, just as I said on the MO forums, you are free to your opinions and thank you guys for the Feedback. I wish it were a bit more constructive rather than "CUT OFF HIS HEAD AND PUT IT ON A SPIKE!" But oh well. Perhaps you would like to look at some of my other reviews. Ravaged and Guns of Icarus are already up on the site. RaiderZ as well. I can't be sure of what other are currenlty up.

As Hancakes pointed out, you openly posted in the "What have you done for Mortal Online" thread listing all the things you had done (review writing is one of them) to "help promote the game". When you are TRYING TO PROMOTE THE GAME you are not "reviewing it" you are advertising for it. There is quite a difference.

You are certainly allowed to like the game.  In my opinion though, reading the info we have through your numerous posts on the MO forums... that was about as legitimate a review as if I wrote one myself image

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

im waiting for DarkFall 2

The problem is MO is much more of a sandbox than Darkfall, and Tasos not really caring about anything else than pvp doesn't bode well for Darkfall UW.

MO feels like Morrowind mmorpg, Darkfall is what? Fantasy counterstrike?

There's a lot more depth in MO and now after 2 years, while still far from perfect, it's working great (with minor non-gamebreaking bugs). Knowing AV, Darkfall UW will be really ready after the fixing in about 1 year (one of the devs said he's worried due to the lack of time to fix the game for launch) and them being very slow developers aswell, it will have a lot less sandbox features than MO.

But perhaps we'll get the Fun Go Karts again... Mario, here I come!   /sarcasm.

While MO is now finally really starting to grow into something great (the more I play the more I am enjoying myself in the complexity of this game), DF 2 will be far from it on the sandbox level (MO is becoming a sandbox while DF not much more than a PVP game); but I'll be resubing to DF on the 12th anyway to try it out (but AV will probably postpone again, as they always do).

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

You are certainly allowed to like the game.  In my opinion though, reading the info we have through your numerous posts on the MO forums... that was about as legitimate a review as if I wrote one myself image

Check and mate!  Actually your review would be more legitimate, not under the guise of being a real reviewer.

Originally posted by BigMango

The problem is MO is much more of a sandbox than Darkfall, and Tasos not really caring about anything else than pvp doesn't bode well for Darkfall UW.

There's a lot more depth in MO and now after 2 years, while still far from perfect, it's working great (with minor non-gamebreaking bugs). Knowing AV, Darkfall UW will be really ready after the fixing in about 1 year (one of the devs said he's worried due to the lack of time to fix the game for launch) and them being very slow developers aswell, it will have a lot less sandbox features than MO.

While MO is now finally really starting to grow into something great (the more I play the more I am enjoying myself in the complexity of this game), DF 2 will be far from it on the sandbox level (MO is becoming a sandbox while DF not much more than a PVP game); but I'll be resubing to DF on the 12th anyway to try it out (but AV will probably postpone again, as they always do).

You've played MO a whole 5 days in the past 2 years????

Yet DF1 actually worked, great ideas dont make a game even after 2 years.  Regarding the "complexity",  I assume you mean exploit management?  Whats complex about MO?

BTW, please source your statements regarding DF-UW.

Complaining about DF taking its time to fix bugs while MO feels like beta two years after release... yeah...

Originally posted by Hancakes

You've played MO a whole 5 days in the past 2 years????

Yet DF1 actually worked, great ideas dont make a game even after 2 years.  Regarding the "complexity",  I assume you mean exploit management?  Whats complex about MO?

BTW, please source your statements regarding DF-UW.

Yep, the game was too broken before, so I didn't play. Now that it is working fine since Awakening I tried it as it went f2p, and it's now working great. Not perfect but still great, to the point of getting me to play almost night and day for the past week which no mmo managed to do in a long time. As for the long term content I have no worries with what the ingame players tell me.

No, by complexity I mean the depth of the sanbox features. The more I dive into it the more I find. Regarding exploits, have you played Darkfall at all???? All of the clans have exploited Darkfall to hell and back.

Regarding the 2 sources:

1. is the mmorpg.com video interview with Tasos available here and on youtube (he says he is only interested in pvp and they don't have time nor ressources to develop sandbox features, so these Darkfall won't have). Even local banking, he says it won't have it because players wouldn't like it (but in MO it works great, players are hauling sacs of goods on horses all over the world -> it feels more like a world and this creates more pvp, more immersion and fun).

2. the Darkfall developer who said he's worried because they have to rush it and don't have time to finish the game properly for launch. There's also a thread about this here.

Originally posted by Toferio

Complaining about DF taking its time to fix bugs while MO feels like beta two years after release... yeah...

That's the reason why I didn't play before, but MO is fine now (not perfect, but still great).

And the game can only grow form now on, where as Darkfall will have everything to do... and sandbox features it won't have, according to the Tasos interview last week (he cares only about pvp, he is not interested in sanbox features + he said they don't have time/ressources for them, so they won't do them). Only Pvp and basic crafting.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    That's the thing about MO. Naive folks have been talking about its "potential" to grow for over two years now. Difference is, we've actually played longer then a 'week' and know all too well that it isn't happening.
  • fatboy21007fatboy21007 Member Posts: 409
    you people act like spoiled brats, MO has 2-3 friggin devs. So get off your AAA idea ass's. Its a indy company. I just started this game the day it went free to play, i thought the same as you all thought, Till i actually got off my ass and tried it, and guess what, i like the game. I got a sub and donated 25 bucks for the grey halls bit. This is why indy companies fail, Too many kids in mmos these days screaming i want i wan and never contribute to helping a game get better nor the they attempt to fund it. Instead they play fourm warriors and hide behind the keyboard in there mommys basement. Say what u want about MO, but i enjoy and yes i agree it gas bugs that needs fixed, but for such few devs they are doing a pretty good job. If anything go bash Guild Wars 2. that massive dev team yet the game is riddled with more bugs then MO. and That is a fact as i played gw2 , got the lvl 80 char  gears etc. and only endgame ya got is wvw or spvp and guess what, wvw is bugged most of the time.   Anyhow point it, stop bashing games ya dont like, How is the gener to ever change if people make it a point to bash a game into oblivion till it finally goes poof. Then these same turds bashing sit on fourms crying why devs wont take risks anymore and why there isnt really many really unique games out there. Personally if i had the money i wouldnt make an mmo, too many ungreatful people out there with the im spoiled attitude. flame do wat i want. dont care. end of the day most of ya will still be crying  the same tunes, while me n the other smart ones plays indys games and helps them develope.
    Originally posted by fatboy21007
    you people act like spoiled brats, MO has 2-3 friggin devs. So get off your AAA idea ass's. Its a indy company. I just started this game the day it went free to play, i thought the same as you all thought, Till i actually got off my ass and tried it, and guess what, i like the game. I got a sub and donated 25 bucks for the grey halls bit. This is why indy companies fail, Too many kids in mmos these days screaming i want i wan and never contribute to helping a game get better nor the they attempt to fund it. Instead they play fourm warriors and hide behind the keyboard in there mommys basement. Say what u want about MO, but i enjoy and yes i agree it gas bugs that needs fixed, but for such few devs they are doing a pretty good job. If anything go bash Guild Wars 2. that massive dev team yet the game is riddled with more bugs then MO. and That is a fact as i played gw2 , got the lvl 80 char  gears etc. and only endgame ya got is wvw or spvp and guess what, wvw is bugged most of the time.   Anyhow point it, stop bashing games ya dont like, How is the gener to ever change if people make it a point to bash a game into oblivion till it finally goes poof. Then these same turds bashing sit on fourms crying why devs wont take risks anymore and why there isnt really many really unique games out there. Personally if i had the money i wouldnt make an mmo, too many ungreatful people out there with the im spoiled attitude. flame do wat i want. dont care. end of the day most of ya will still be crying  the same tunes, while me n the other smart ones plays indys games and helps them develope.

Learn to use paragraphs, enter button is your friend. Secondly, it is "indie", not "indy". 

Anyways, here are some news for you. The reason that MO has "2-3 devs" (while in reality they are ~5) is because of their own incompetence. They started as a strong team of 20 people or so and had to lay off because the game was of extremely poor quality. EvE too is indie, yet they somehow managed to get it working for them. It is a harsh industry. If the game is poor quality, it is poor, being "indie" doesn't give them free pass. You should take a deep breath and relax.