Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Emperor's Forge

IceltyIcelty Miami, FLPosts: 6Member

Hello, we have been developing emperor's forge for a while now and decided to go live on kick starter to speed up the development of this huge title, please checkout our page and give us your support.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/746015392/emperors-forge

Thanks a million :)

Comments

• RimmersmanRimmersman MonacoPosts: 885Member
    Although I admire your belief in this game I think to many devs are jumping on the kick starter bandwagon. Two things you really need to have is a reputable name the industry and gamers recognize and and a very good idea. Unfortunately what you have shown here is nothing that gets me excited. Comparing this game to Star Citizens and you can see where I'm going with this, good luck a anyway.

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Lexington, KYPosts: 492Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Rimmersman
    Although I admire your belive in this game I think to many devs are jumping on the kick starter bandwagon. Two you really needto have kis a reputable name the industry and gamers recognize and and a very good idea. Unfortunately what you have shown here is nothing that gets me excited. Comparing this game to Star Citizens and you can see where I'm going with this, good luck a anyway.

Can you name a game developer that would possibly live up to the expectations you have just set who would need kickstarter?

The point of kickstarter is for NEW game developers to try to get their product out.  Established reputable companies don't NEED kickstarter.  If you want the same old dribble from the same old companies, then wait for your established reputable companies to release their next title.

For the amount of crying I see on this forum about every game being a clone of something else, or being from a dev they hate, or being a bad translation of something else, people seem to not want to put ANY skin into anything to try to help a new company develop what they want.

Originally posted by Abuz0r

Although I admire your belive in this game I think to many devs are jumping on the kick starter bandwagon. Two you really needto have kis a reputable name the industry and gamers recognize and and a very good idea. Unfortunately what you have shown here is nothing that gets me excited. Comparing this game to Star Citizens and you can see where I'm going with this, good luck a anyway.

Can you name a game developer that would possibly live up to the expectations you have just set who would need kickstarter?

The point of kickstarter is for NEW game developers to try to get their product out.  Established reputable companies don't NEED kickstarter.  If you want the same old dribble from the same old companies, then wait for your established reputable companies to release their next title.

For the amount of crying I see on this forum about every game being a clone of something else, or being from a dev they hate, or being a bad translation of something else, people seem to not want to put ANY skin into anything to try to help a new company develop what they want.

So you will be donating then?

Maybe, maybe not.  However, I certainly won't go into some new devs kickstarter post and tear them down, especially as the FIRST POSTER.  You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself.

Maybe, maybe not.  However, I certainly won't go into some new devs kickstarter post and tear them down, especially as the FIRST POSTER.  You should be absolutely ashamed of yourself.

I didn't tear them down I was polite and gave my reasons why I wont be making a donation. Also it seems that kickstarter is the new fad and we do have to be careful. I'm all for promoting new games or devs that need that extra push but it has to look convincing and i think it has to have that something special.

I didn't tear them down I was polite and gave my reasons why I wont be making a donation. Also it seems that kickstarter is the new fad and we do have to be careful. I'm all for promoting new games or devs that need that extra push but it has to look convincing and i think it has to have that something special.

Did your mother ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything?  This is a real life situation you could have applied it.  You contributed nothing but negativity to this topic and tried to demoralize someone who had their hand out asking for help.  

This game looks pre-alpha, which is why it's on kickstarter.  It could develop into ANYTHING.  It could be a great game, it could be the game of the year.  This developer could be as wealthy as Blizzard some day.   Lot's of great companies start from nothing.   This guy says his gaming influenced him to go into programming.  What better person to design a great game than someone who loves gaming.

• gorro187gorro187 Posts: 195Member Uncommon
    I agree with Abuz0r. Rimmersman there was no need for you to say those things. And kick starter isn't a fad. it's gaining people through word of mouth. Its been around for quite some time.
  • IceltyIcelty Miami, FLPosts: 6Member

Hi guys, I see the blood pressure rising, sorry if you didn't like my post remersman, I have been a backer on kick starter for a long time, I have been as well working on this title for half a year now and sure, I'm not a recognized entity but I do builive in what I'm doing and that is precisely the reason I'm on kick starter. I hope I gain backers end enough resources to buy all the necessary  server power and more assets for the game and who knows I could even hire one more dev to aide on this ambitious project. (At the same time even help the economy recover who knows) controversy is good and for that I thank as well all the guys that jumped in to speak their mind. Thanks guys for all your input in favor or against, criticism is always healthy, and thanks abuz0r and Gorro for speakingyour mind as well, you are right the game is in a very early stage and I assure you guys it will evolve with all the input ill get from the people who's any to be a part of this ambitious project.

• IceltyIcelty Miami, FLPosts: 6Member
    One more thing, kick starter is very strict, they validate your identity and they do all its business through amazon who's even more strict validating your bank account and tax information. I was one of the first bakers of interstellar marines back wen they had nothing but a very low resolution video LOl and look how far they have come :) I certainly hope I get to fulfill my dream like they did