Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Basic outline, what is it really?

Stimos8Stimos8 Member UncommonPosts: 163

So there may have been a thread (s) on this topic before, but having not played much if any of darkfall 1.0, i am curious into what darkfall 2.0 might be or have, so if anyone is able to give a base description of the games features like, combat? pve/ pvp orientated? has both? innovative features? quests / grinding? group or solo play? crafting? levels? raids? dungeons/ instances? etc...

This game does look interesting and its the only interesting looking mmo comming out for the next multiple months, so any insight on what it willbe like wouldl be much appreciated

Thanks.

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Stimos8

So there may have been a thread (s) on this topic before, but having not played much if any of darkfall 1.0, i am curious into what darkfall 2.0 might be or have, so if anyone is able to give a base description of the games features like, combat? pve/ pvp orientated? has both? innovative features? quests / grinding? group or solo play? crafting? levels? raids? dungeons/ instances? etc...

This game does look interesting and its the only interesting looking mmo comming out for the next multiple months, so any insight on what it willbe like wouldl be much appreciated

Thanks.

df1 with improvmeants and changes for the most part pretty big changes at that

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Before going on, you are aware its a full loot PvP game? 
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Before going on, you are aware its a full loot PvP game? 

LOL

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Can someone describe a typical gamesession, what's it about?

any story and lore to care for? puzzles? or simply PvP?

how about crafting, housing, immersion, engine...

pricing? sub?

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by FromHell

pricing? sub?

Typical game session of DF is  like...

"Hi guys, PvP happens ? ", "lets kill something", "yea" ..

PvP happens (or PvE to gain skills for PvP, or crafting to make gear for said PvP)  for mostly  no reason  ..

That was a description of the good side of things  ...another one...

"lets kill some in newbies area"

..for no reason...

The game lacks any player driven economy to create reasoning and lacks also any support for players to create any reasoning ...

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

pricing? sub?

The game lacks any player driven economy to create reasoning and lacks also any support for players to create any reasoning ...

Im sorry, did I miss the release? image

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    OP take a guess. What are open world PVP sandboxes are all about? yeah..exactly ;)
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

If I didn't have much time, say in the morning before work I would gather some resources.  When I had some more time I would find a quiet area and farm whatever mats I needed by skilling up some weapon or magic skills.  Occasionally our guild city would be attacked so we would rush back and shore up some defence and maybe even do a counter attack on the opposing clans hamlet or city. Sometimes this would escalate into a week long war.   Other times we would take our ship out and kill the kraken or go and try fire dragon.  We have been ambushed and have ambushed other clans fighting the dragon. 

Pretty good mix of both pvp and pve. 

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

I've also collected rare keys over time and I would goto whatever dungeon to go to the chest and claim my prize. I have both been killed and killed people while trying to do this and thus have experienced the thrill of winning and the agony of defeat.  

Can't think of anything else at the moment. 

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    immersion

Immersion is the state of consciousness where an immersant’s awareness of physical self is transformed by being surrounded in an engrossing environment.

Check

When you PVE, all the loot you collect can be taken from you if you die. This makes you VERY aware of your surroundings, and every sound and movement on the horizon scares you. If you hear or spot other players, then you have three options, flee, hide or fight.

If you flee and get away, you will get a good feeling inside you rarely get in any other mmo. If you chose to hide, it will be like a horror movie. The outcome will be a big YES or the loss of all your gear.

If you chose to fight, you will be more focused than in your average mmo. Your friends will suddenly ask if you are getting sick, because your breathing has become louder and more frequent. If you manage to beat your opponent, you`ll notice your hands are shaking from the adrenaline rush and you might feel a crave for a cigarett even if you quit 5 years ago.

Ahh well thats just me when I`m  forced to pve (I don`t like pve). If I chose to pvp, I get this childish joy inside, and I don`t really care if I die as long as the fight/battle is fun.

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Thanks.

It is a very big PvP arena.

When it comes to sandbox features they are so watered down that you almost dont realize they're actually partly in the game. 

Aventurine that make the game promised better sandbox features but it turned out to be a lie.

Originally posted by Aragon100

Thanks.

It is a very big PvP arena.

When it comes to sandbox features they are so watered down that you almost dont realize they're actually partly in the game. 

Aventurine that make the game promised better sandbox features but it turned out to be a lie.

you did to chill really 

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

hm, I like what I'm reading here.

Doesn't sound like a carebear MMO.

And what is the businessmodel behind the game? f2p, sub, lifetimesub/b2p ?

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

In the bigger scheme it is unfortunately a carebear MMO. 

AoE damage everywhere,  jump and circle jerk and bunnyhop and super slide  around, mass  knockbacks, blinds and root bubbles and what not instead of skillfull play with rewarding precise aim in the case of more hitboxes and timing your shots and swiings.

No consequences in PvP ....and full loot also means almost nothing, counting in that gear isnt anything special and can be replaced easily.

oh its sub based ..(at least original DF was) with 1month, 3 month , 6 month sub plans...dunno what  will available at laucnh... 

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94

AoE damage everywhere,  jump and circle jerk and bunnyhop and super slide  around, mass  knockbacks, blinds and root bubbles and what not instead of skillfull play with rewarding precise aim in the case of more hitboxes and timing your shots and swiings.

No consequences in PvP ....and full loot also means almost nothing, counting in that gear isnt anything special and can be replaced easily.

oh its sub based ..(at least original DF was) with 1month, 3 month , 6 month sub plans...dunno what  will available at laucnh... 

But guess what, this isn't Darkfall and the game you are describing doesn't exist anymore.

• KaminaxiusKaminaxius Member UncommonPosts: 104

wow the amount of angry trolls on these boards are immense.

@OP. Yes the game is subscription based with a monthly fee. If you have any more questions regarding the game i'd suggest you to head to the official forum http://forums.darkfallonline.com/index.php and start a thread in the public forums there. You wont get any precise answers here on MMORPG and most of the replies above are trollish/inaccurate.

• FondelFondel Member UncommonPosts: 98

Oh my, you really seem to hate darkfall, where is all this hate coming from?

• ExcessionExcession Member RarePosts: 709

Thanks.

DF:UW is basically an expansion for DF, that they decided to sell as a stand alone game instead.

Expect it to have the same stuff DF has/had, but looking a bit better.

A creative person is motivated by the desire to achieve, not the desire to beat others.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

It's a heavily pvp centric open world mmo which whilst being a sandbox, is also "lite" in comparison to the likes of a UO or an EVE, having no where near the depth of the two mentioned games.

If you are inclined to an open world mmo and not totally adverse to combat, then the game might suit you. If you are in fact totally adverse to combat and require a game with the depth of UO or EVE, then the game probably will not bee for you.

It is also a game which promotes toy throwing and general crying/whinging/moaning/nonsense from a fair few posters on these boards.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by Byrhofen

Thanks.

DF:UW is basically an expansion for DF, that they decided to sell as a stand alone game instead.

Expect it to have the same stuff DF has/had, but looking a bit better.

lets forget about the new crafting system, clan management, villages tied to cities, world redesign,dungeon re-design, complete new character progression and role system, a reworked game engine to support new standards like multicore, lets forget about danger levels, lets forget about the questing system never seen before in any game that promotes playing the game rather than doing stuff you dont want

hmmm, yeah so if we forget all this and many more ( contract system) we have the good parts of Darkfall Online still left in the game which is huge world FFA full loot PvP....oh well i guess thats why it is called a sequel.

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550

I am typically a game economy tycoon and try to absolutely get the most immense amount of wealth in a game possible.  I also like to stash my treasure and put on my best gear (which usually I've made for myself so I can also replace myself) and go and fight for whatever cause I am interested in.    Dropping everything I'm carrying does seem to scare me, as long as I enter the situation aware of the risk and having stashed anything important to me in a safe storage place.

Will I have any interest in this game?

• Paragus1Paragus1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,741
    Originally posted by Abuz0r

I am typically a game economy tycoon and try to absolutely get the most immense amount of wealth in a game possible.  I also like to stash my treasure and put on my best gear (which usually I've made for myself so I can also replace myself) and go and fight for whatever cause I am interested in.    Dropping everything I'm carrying does seem to scare me, as long as I enter the situation aware of the risk and having stashed anything important to me in a safe storage place.

I think the newer version of the game will be much better for people like you because of the fact there are safe zones now.   They are small, but they do allow a safe place for people to conduct trades without fear of getting mugged.  I spoke about this is a recent podcast to a degree (link in my blog) where I talk a lot about what the old game was like and how some of the changes might improve the experience in the new game.

Money is a powerful tool in DF, and being a success merchant can put you in a good position financially as well as a an asset to whatever guild you may end up being in, if any.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Its like this, work really hard to get stuff, someone kills you at the least inopportune time, dry loots all your stuff.  That pretty much sums up DF.

DF was a ghost town when they shut it down for Unholy wars to launch.  Expect the same thing of UW after the novelty wears off, its the same game, same rule set, it will end up the same way as the original DF in a year two at most.

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Then you will not enjoy DF, the second anyone sees you with anything of value you will be ganked and dry looted by however many people it takes.  There are no exceptoins in this game.  It's like a bunch of crack whores running around looking for the next rock roast.

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    Originally posted by snapfusion

Then you will not enjoy DF, the second anyone sees you with anything of value you will be ganked and dry looted by however many people it takes.  There are no exceptoins in this game.  It's like a bunch of crack whores running around looking for the next rock roast.

A quicker poster already debunked what you just said.  If I have my valuables and money while in a safe area, I can do what I like.   Then put away my things and go play PVP.

Also, a strategy would be to keep a character as a merchant in the safe area that never leaves.  Use it to support your gameplay character.  The safe area is key though, if I can get ganked and 'dry-looted' in an economy area, I won't like the game at all.