Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: Beta Weekend Accounts Unlocked Early!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

If you've snagged yourself a key for this weekend's upcoming Firefall beta event you'll be glad to know that Red 5 Studios has unlocked your account early! That's right, you can literally jump in and play RIGHT NOW. So what are you waiting for? Suit up!

Haven't picked up a key just yet? Grab one here!

Comments

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    The last BWE went that badly eh? Don't think I'm trying to be negative nancy here as I have access to the beta until release.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

Im finding that im having more fun in Firefall than I am in Planetside 2.  Been involved in the firefall beta for quite a while now, it feels like it has a "point" where planetside really doesnt.

sorry to compare, but theyre very similar games. then again if you cant get past the stylized graphics you'll probably hate it

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    please play our game!!!! heh...poor Red5

Joined - July 2004

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I am actually finding Firefall a lot more fun than most people make it out to be. It doesn't have the lag I read about some people describing and so far it's been a bunch of suprises that have led to me actually enjoying it a lot. We had a group of 4 people just running around Thumping (mining for raw materials) and found one of the tornados, which provided a difficult but fun fight. Overall it doesn't have much content yet but it still has quite a bit to do.
  • vorrin5vorrin5 Member UncommonPosts: 71

It's only in stage 1 of closed beta. They are doing a much different beta than any I've ever been a part of. Their timeline for developement goes well into next year.

I'm really enjoying the game, even though it is a long way from being released.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by remyburke
    please play our game!!!! heh...poor Red5

Not really.. more like trying to fix the servers properly WELL before release.. like all games should.

Most devs leave server optimization until last.. which is pretty dumb. Doesn't matter how polished the rest of the game is, if you can't get on it and stay on it whats the point?

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    This game has been in beta for YEARS...let alone the entire degelopment cycle, and they still aren't sure about what kind of game they want to make. Please, spare me the rhetoric.

Joined - July 2004

• Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61
    Well for what it is atm its pretty fun to play. Most of the time stress test happens before the OB , but the game has a long way to go. Which sucks cause I really like playing it. Oh ya thats right... I have full access to the beta so I can keep playing it and watch it grow.  :)

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by remyburke
    This game has been in beta for YEARS...let alone the entire degelopment cycle, and they still aren't sure about what kind of game they want to make. Please, spare me the rhetoric.

So you don't want to read my rhetoric but you think I want to read your stupid "I think I'm so cool and clever to hate on something" posts?

Stop being a blind and narrowminded hater and move on man. They want to stress the game so they need people. Whether or not you think the game is good has nothing to do with it.

I don't even like the game.. I just dislike your comments.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Apoc is right. :(

I'm just annoyed by this dev team. They have no vision and the game is mindnumbing in its current state. Anyways, heading back under my bridge now.

Joined - July 2004

• tomato_kwantomato_kwan Member Posts: 44
    I am having fun with the heavy guy-- gonna try other frameworks
  • brushgarbrushgar Member UncommonPosts: 2
    It's a good, basic game as it is. With a little work it could become something great. Right now I think it needs a bit more depth in areas other then combat to maintain long term intrest.
  • brushgarbrushgar Member UncommonPosts: 2

but thats why its a Beta 

• PrecisionPrecision Member Posts: 27

LOL you guys so funny thinking they need more players. 600,000 registered people on the forums.

You obviously havent looked at their beta timeline. All these beta weekends have been planned far in advance....

Literally the best game I have ever played.