Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: New Dev Diary Discusses Clans

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

A new developer diary has been published on the Darkfall: Unholy Wars site. Penned by game logic programmer Jon Massey, the diary goes into a lot of detail about the role of clans in the upcoming title. Additionally, the team acknowledges that the preorder deadline has passed and that there may yet be a preorder if it can be started on Monday.

One point to make before the developer diary: I know that I said in the MMORPG.com Q&A that pre-orders were to launch this week, and we really tried until a little while ago before having to accept defeat, a combination of things (most we could not control since there are 3 companies working on this) made it impossible. Obviously our main focus is on the actual game, but this was important as well, so it’s frustrating for us, as I’m sure it is for you. So will we still do a pre-order before launch at this late date? Perhaps if this can be done on Monday so we can break up the buying traffic before the launch day and make sure everything is working right, and give you the ability to reserve your character name beforehand. There will be people working on this over the weekend here, at the provider and at our billing processor’s, so we hope we’ll be able to have the option on Monday.

Read the full post on the Darkfall: Unholy Wars site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

No pre-orders, but the good news is that the 12th is still the planned launch day. There was a period of uncertainty this week when Aventurine was not saying a word.

Looking forward to having an MMO worth playing again.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Was a good video, interested with those ranks you earn. Pretty cool.
  • LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Seems like they are still set on the 12th. BUT they better work some magic to make peeps buy the game etc  on monday, 1 day b4 launch... I wanna be a optimist, but it is hard.
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    This game is going to be bigger and better than any game you have played, read about or dreamed about, there won't be another game like this in the next ten years, if you don't buy this game, you should be ashamed of yourself, the box alone is worth $100 and sub fee should easily be $45 a month with item malls. People do not miss out of this DarkFall Unholy Wars.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    rock archage is calling ><
    amd wtf no your over exagerating dfuw wont be perfect trust me
  • LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    good luck with this patch
    Originally posted by Lizardone
    good luck with this patch

its a whole new client

• stonyleinstonylein Member UncommonPosts: 88
    best game of 2012
  • RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    This game is going to be bigger and better than any game you have played, read about or dreamed about, there won't be another game like this in the next ten years, if you don't buy this game, you should be ashamed of yourself, the box alone is worth $100 and sub fee should easily be $45 a month with item malls. People do not miss out of this DarkFall Unholy Wars.

Obvious troll.

But that said, yes to some of us this is the best game in a long time. For players that hate the current WoW-generation of games, and for former DF players, your words are slightly true (add an itemshop though and there will be few of us left playing).

DF UW aims for a bigger audience than the original game, but that still won't make it "the best game ever" for everyone. If you love open world PvP with risk vs rewards, a deep clan politics metagame where choices mean something (Not like in GW2's WvW where you claim a holding, and it feels meaningless because it is, DF is a properly persistant MMO), then you will probably love Darkfall. If you don't like PvP, don't expect you'll enjoy it, but feel free to try it, the adrenaline rush action Darkfall offers is unlike any other game (besides EVE perhaps), you might realise you can actually enjoy it.

• stonyleinstonylein Member UncommonPosts: 88
    well for me it is the best game ever, hands down. theres nothing compareable out there.
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Is this site infected with DF adbots or is it just me?
  • Chosen1Chosen1 Member UncommonPosts: 37

adam_nox, it's just you. 

• Chosen1Chosen1 Member UncommonPosts: 37
    please consult with a doctor about your adbot infection.