Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Most hated MMORPG

Comments

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by theoneandonly
    I dont hate , i ignore

Amen to that.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Well you forgot to add Lotro because that would get my vote. By far the worst interpretation of what a Lotr world should look like. Clunky combat, horrible art work and terrible voice acting. Character models look horrific as well. Pretty much safe to say unless they to a complete 360 I would never buy a Turbine game anymore.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by vandal5627
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    Originally posted by Axehandle
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by FromHell
    GW2 because of lack of trinity and repetitive "dynamic events", also because of the pre-release hype, dev hyperboles and the fans

I like GW2 BECAUSE it DOESN'T have  the Trinity - no more waiting for a healer, etc. What an awlful idea the trinity really was.

I dislike GW2 mostly because of the haters on this site.

I hate GW2 because of fanatics like this guy.

I suppose in his defense sometimes the community can be toxic. I know when I was leaving wow one of the major reason was the attitude of the community. So much elitism because everyone could get gear and the lines were becoming blurred between the skilled hardcore versus the skilled casual which caused huge arguments over who was "eligible" to see the content. Community is a massive part of why I play Mmorpg's and a reason why I seek only games with welcoming people not the vitriolic mainstream that seem to be common place in the highest earning titles.

I get that but this guy takse it to the extreme, you can't say one negative(even constructive ones) thing about GW2 without him jumping down your throat.  I know he loves the game but he needs to realize not everyone does that's all i'm saying.

I know exactly how you feel, except I'm on the opposite side of the fence.  I've read lots of posts from people who say they like GW2 and then the same collective group of haters has to jump in and tell the person why they are wrong.  They consistantly post more about GW2 than any other title, and yet they can't stand to play the game. Take a look at your post count with this new account, 5 posts, 3 of them are GW2 threads. 

So yeah, hatred is infectious.  Mind you, I don't spend much time in other game threads. A little, but nothing like some of the GW2 haters.

I'm on GW2 threads because i'm interested in the game and want to play it some day when it has grown a bit but fans that defend the game to the extreme is killing it's growth and it's annoying and making me not want to play.  Every game has problems and we need people to point it out so the developers can see it and make changes or add things as needed.  He calls them haters, i call it feed back regardless of how negative it is.  It is their opinion and every opinion counts and noone is right or wrong.

Like I said, I know exactly how you feel, I'm just on the other side of the fence.  And if it's feedback regardless of how negative it is, than it's also feedback regardless of how positive it is.  Fanbois and Haters are the same, just different sides of the exact same coin.  

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    GW2 because of lack of trinity and repetitive "dynamic events", also because of the pre-release hype, dev hyperboles and the fans

I like GW2 BECAUSE it DOESN'T have  the Trinity - no more waiting for a healer, etc. What an awlful idea the trinity really was.

I suppose in his defense sometimes the community can be toxic. I know when I was leaving wow one of the major reason was the attitude of the community. So much elitism because everyone could get gear and the lines were becoming blurred between the skilled hardcore versus the skilled casual which caused huge arguments over who was "eligible" to see the content. Community is a massive part of why I play Mmorpg's and a reason why I seek only games with welcoming people not the vitriolic mainstream that seem to be common place in the highest earning titles.

I get that but this guy takse it to the extreme, you can't say one negative(even constructive ones) thing about GW2 without him jumping down your throat.  I know he loves the game but he needs to realize not everyone does that's all i'm saying.

I know exactly how you feel, except I'm on the opposite side of the fence.  I've read lots of posts from people who say they like GW2 and then the same collective group of haters has to jump in and tell the person why they are wrong.  They consistantly post more about GW2 than any other title, and yet they can't stand to play the game. Take a look at your post count with this new account, 5 posts, 3 of them are GW2 threads. 

So yeah, hatred is infectious.  Mind you, I don't spend much time in other game threads. A little, but nothing like some of the GW2 haters.

I'm on GW2 threads because i'm interested in the game and want to play it some day when it has grown a bit but fans that defend the game to the extreme is killing it's growth and it's annoying and making me not want to play.  Every game has problems and we need people to point it out so the developers can see it and make changes or add things as needed.  He calls them haters, i call it feed back regardless of how negative it is.  It is their opinion and every opinion counts and noone is right or wrong.

Like I said, I know exactly how you feel, I'm just on the other side of the fence.  And if it's feedback regardless of how negative it is, than it's also feedback regardless of how positive it is.  Fanbois and Haters are the same, just different sides of the exact same coin.  

Agreed.

• AxehandleAxehandle Member Posts: 147
    Large amount of votes so far. If you feel compelled add a reasonable argument why you voted for that game as your least desirable. It's doubtful any of us have played all possible mmorpg titles and speaking for myself I'm learning the downside of many popular games. 
  • KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Perfect World and all its variants, Flyff and Runescape. God bloody damn did those have grind...

Where's the any key?

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I don't get it. Why are people voting for WoW because of the bad design decisions other companies have made in trying to implement lots of its systems? That is not Blizzard's fault. The sole responsibility lies within the companies like FC, EA Mythic and Bioware, and the rest who made bad decisions. That is not a reflection of WoW, the game, itself.

if anything, the pole should be redone with do you hate WoW the game, and do you hate how other companies have tried to make a WoW-style game and failed?

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

I don't hate any MMO, though the biggest disappointment for me was Warhammer online: Age of Reckoning, the gameplay I really enjoyed, but the severely handicapped PvE, bad zone layouts, lack of destructible buildings & the overly simple siege warfare were not fun, add onto that a seriously crap engine, horrible "get stuck on a blade of grass" syndrome. server crashes when more than 50 players got in a fort & the sickening dilution of the great concept of public quests through extreme over-use & it became a big sad fail.

I had so much hopes of it being multi-factional DAoC inspired PvP godliness, it was a pale & trembling shadow of that game.

• NavekNavek Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Voted AoC, more out of the disspointmet when I played it, a brilliant whole world setting, more lore than you can throw a shitty stick at, even the films hold a place in my teenage heart and we get that..............
  • GrumpyJesterGrumpyJester Member Posts: 96

Warhammer Online.

I loved that game, though it had many flaws. But the reason I hate it is because I never felt so milked for subscription money. Paying a monthly fee and only getting very minor updates, very slowly. And then having to buy a leveling pack as well...horrible!

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335
    Originally posted by muffins89
    i voted aion.  i just could not get into that game.

Same and I hate it because it looks like it should be a blast to play and it's pretty and has nice music and yet still sucks from level 1 on ANY class lol.

• GazthSonikaGazthSonika Member Posts: 20

Entropia Universe, hands down the worst online game that I have ever played.  It's 100% pay to win, you spend real $$$ and suddenly the monsters drop sweet loot and your harvesting results improve as well.  Also, last I played, there was diddly squat to do.  I ran across the entire map and didn't find a single soul except for 1 jackass PvPer who blasted the bejeesus out of me from like a mile away, stole all my crap, and that was the end of that.  Seriously, don't play that game. 

GS

• mysticmousemysticmouse Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I dont hate any game but i hvae been disapointed by quite a few, TSW, AoC, Aion and Warhammer top the list of games I wish I had not bought.
  • GazthSonikaGazthSonika Member Posts: 20

I tried the F2P Aion version, and while the game looked pretty the gameplay was severely aimed towards the laziest type of players.  Seriously.  I got bored with it after like 1-2 weeks, which goes to show that graphics don't trump gameplay.  Too bad, the game had some potential.

GS

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    Well you forgot to add Lotro because that would get my vote. By far the worst interpretation of what a Lotr world should look like. Clunky combat, horrible art work and terrible voice acting. Character models look horrific as well. Pretty much safe to say unless they to a complete 360 I would never buy a Turbine game anymore.

A complete 360?

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/180

Originally posted by GazthSonika

I tried the F2P Aion version, and while the game looked pretty the gameplay was severely aimed towards the laziest type of players.  Seriously.  I got bored with it after like 1-2 weeks, which goes to show that graphics don't trump gameplay.  Too bad, the game had some potential.

GS

I had a feeling the package was prettier than the goods inside when I first saw the developers vids of the game. 

• RealPvPisFPSRealPvPisFPS Member Posts: 42

Going with 'Other' on your list which is:

1. SWG - Most loved mmorpg in it's original first beta and up to 4 months after it's public release. It is my most hated mmorpg after that for how the devs completely, utterly and defiantely destroyed this wonderful game.

What perplexed me was how long SONY kepted this game alive when it should of been shut down after about a year to year and half after it's release. Bermuda Triangle has always been a great mystery, this one was greater than that.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

We all know them and each of us have our own stories of why we feel the way we do toward them but there can be only one winner.

So ladies and gentlemen, unleash your hatred!!!!

Note: the poll only allows a maximum of 10 options so I tried to cover the most popular games, I am aware I have left titles out there is a restriction.

Edit: if you select either Everquest or Guild Wars as an option please say which in your post. Thanks.

Guild Wars 1 IS NOT an MMORPG.

So you can't specify which, if you select "guild wars" it means you've voted for GW2.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

It's really funny how some people on this site complain about the GW2 fans/community.

How can you evaluate a community, which consists out of hundred thousands players, just by few rabbit fans on this website?

The real GW2 community is on GW2 official forums and in the game.That's where you can actually get the feeling of how is the community actually like.

So far it's one of the better communities I've been a part of (GW1 was the best, EVE the worst) and it's really a friendly community in my exp. and in my opinion, it's not even close to the impression you get on this site.

• Goatgod76Goatgod76 Member Posts: 1,214
    Originally posted by phantomghost

EQ1 is by far the best one in the list.

I voted WoW because Wow imo ruined MMO's... my opinion, I don't need you all to chime in about how great it is.  And start telling me all the great stuff... that I find boring and repetitive.  Which is why I am not stating why I believe it is the worst MMO ever... successful yes, but it ruined MMO and the community for me.

In total agreement.

Originally posted by korent1991

We all know them and each of us have our own stories of why we feel the way we do toward them but there can be only one winner.

Note: the poll only allows a maximum of 10 options so I tried to cover the most popular games, I am aware I have left titles out there is a restriction.

Edit: if you select either Everquest or Guild Wars as an option please say which in your post. Thanks.

So you can't specify which, if you select "guild wars" it means you've voted for GW2.

No offense but that opinion is ridiculous and ignorant. Below I attached a link directly from the official licensed guild wars website. 

In their own words Arenanet called guild wars a "global online roleplaying game" sound anything like a certain genre?

http://www.guildwars.com/products/guildwars/features/default.php

• VanillateaVanillatea Member Posts: 80
    The MMO's I personally hated like Flyff or Fiesta were also the ones I didn't spend more than a day playing. There's also infamous scam MMO's that never made it after day 1 but stole people's money anyway like "Dark and Light" and some other one I can't name.

But out of the poll I chose WOW. It introduced quest grinding and influenced a barrage of copycats that fail to achieve its fame yet glut the MMO world.

No offense but that opinion is ridiculous and ignorant. Below I attached a link directly from the official licensed guild wars website. 

In their own words Arenanet called guild wars a "global online roleplaying game" sound anything like a certain genre?

Right. You know when you say no offense and then call someone ignorant and ridiculous it is actually intendedly ofending someone.

It's not "an opinion". I see you managed to open up the FAQ page and read the first sentence, but you missed what follows...

"Is Guild Wars an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)?"

"Rather than labeling Guild Wars an MMORPG, we prefer to call it a CORPG (Competitive Online Role-Playing Game). Guild Warswas designed from the ground up to create the best possible competitive role-playing experience."

Right. You know when you say no offense and then call someone ignorant and ridiculous it is actually intendedly ofending someone.

It's not "an opinion". I see you managed to open up the FAQ page and read the first sentence, but you missed what follows...

"Is Guild Wars an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)?"

"Rather than labeling Guild Wars an MMORPG, we prefer to call it a CORPG (Competitive Online Role-Playing Game). Guild Warswas designed from the ground up to create the best possible competitive role-playing experience."

Sounds like Arenanet saw a car, knew it was a car then said we will call it a giraffe. 

The bottom line is the game is online based features role playing and has massive multi player gameplay.

Even Wikipedia calls it an mmorpg and they are never wrong.

• LadyEupheiLadyEuphei Member UncommonPosts: 223
    I guessed right! What do I win? I think it is obvious it would have to be WoW for this forum, in general I would pick MO.