Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Wednesday, August 31. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

My very brief return to STO!

WhitebeardsWhitebeards TokyoPosts: 778Member

After almost 2 years i decided to give it another try as i have been hearing a lot of good things about the game.

I made a new character, finished tutorial, entered sol system..hit dock to Earth Space station and game crashed. I tried to log in again but every time i hit play on character screen game crashes. 

I rolled another character, same problem. 

I had an old lvl 31 engineer and he is is also docked in ESD. Now i have 3 characters stuck in SOL system ;)

I tried to play STO in safe mode, re downlaoded entire 14 gb game, ran forced check several times but problem still remains.

I was actually very clsoe to spending 15 bucks and re sub but i am glad i didn't.

I did some search and found people having same problems since 2010. 

I have sent a ticket but for now this has really put me off the game.

Anyone else who had this problem and was able to solve it?

Comments

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior New York, NYPosts: 290Member
    I have not had the crashing issue myself, but I believe there is a thread on the official forums about this very topic.  I will see if I can find it for you.