Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Changes to Season 7 Incoming

RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

In a recent announcement, Cryptic has announced some pretty significant changes to some of the systems and content that came with Season 7, including some alterations to lockout timers and the dilithium economy.  The Foundry should be coming back online as well.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=765961

A lot of other info in there as well: Feature Episode Replay, an Andorian ship coming in the near future, 3rd Anniversary upcoming, and so on.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

Comments

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Originally posted by Rohn

In a recent announcement, Cryptic has announced some pretty significant changes to some of the systems and content that came with Season 7, including some alterations to lockout timers and the dilithium economy.  The Foundry should be coming back online as well.

A lot of other info in there as well: Feature Episode Replay, an Andorian ship coming in the near future, 3rd Anniversary upcoming, and so on.

Tranlsation : We're making the grind " just a bit easier " and we're adding more lock box drops or something very similar not called lock boxes.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk

Tranlsation : We're making the grind " just a bit easier " and we're adding more lock box drops or something very similar not called lock boxes.

Translation:  They are listening to feedback and making adjustments accordingly, which is what most rational people would expect.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    I have been waiting for these changes and the future content looks good as well hopefully the ship will be better then the odessey ship from last year.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290

Translation:  They are listening to feedback and making adjustments accordingly, which is what most rational people would expect.

Really?  Why didn't they listen to all the feedback they received from Tribble testing?  Players told them the changes were too drastic from the moment it was released on the test server.  Guess they don't listen all that well...

Only thing I personally am expecting in future updates is more lockbox crap.  

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by ShardWarrior

They'll be no shortage of those. Ever.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Really?  Why didn't they listen to all the feedback they received from Tribble testing?  Players told them the changes were too drastic from the moment it was released on the test server.  Guess they don't listen all that well...

More evidence that the "all they do is lockboxes" is dishonest.

The content in Season 7 is free to all players, as is most of the game.

The updates have been made, with a better balance on dilithium gains.  As with all economies, of course, there will be ebbs and flows, so it's going to have to be continuously monitored to make sure a good balance is maintained.

Who is being dishonest? Please show me where I specifically posted "Cryptic adds NOTHING ever except lockboxes."

Were Cryptic to put as much effort into making decent episodic content and fleshing out the game as they put into developing new lockboxes, the game would not be as content starved as it has been since launch.

And since you will try to distort what I posted here, I am not saying Cryptic never adds any new content to the game. They do. It is mostly boring, repetitive and grindy crap that they have recycled, but they do add it.

Who is being dishonest? Please show me where I specifically posted "Cryptic adds NOTHING ever except lockboxes."

Were Cryptic to put as much effort into making decent episodic content and fleshing out the game as they put into developing new lockboxes, the game would not be as content starved as it has been since launch.

And since you will try to distort what I posted here, I am not saying Cryptic never adds any new content to the game. They do. It is mostly boring, repetitive and grindy crap that they have recycled, but they do add it.

Personal opinions on content are pretty much irrelevent, in that everyone has different taste on what they think is fun.

The amount of work done on lockboxes is a pittance when compared to the content in Season 6 or Season 7, which was all completely free to every player.  The blatant exaggeration is dishonest.

Just to be clear: Season 7 added the Tau Dewa sector, the New Romulus adventure area and instances, the Personal Advancement system, Embassies for Fleet advancement, the new STF, and more.

All of it was free.  No lockboxes or C-Store required.

The blatant exaggeration is dishonest. Just to be clear: Season 7 added the Tau Dewa sector, the New Romulus adventure area and instances, the Personal Advancement system, Embassies for Fleet advancement, the new STF, and more. All of it was free.  No lockboxes or C-Store required.

Just as touting of "Season 6 and Season 7 adding so much to the game" is a blatant exaggeration and dishonest. They added about an hour or two of grindy content to the game. That's it. Your opinion on these being "tons of content" is just as irrelevant.