Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else regret their Lifetime purchase?

2»

Comments

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    All lifetime subs arnt a good idea regardless of the game imo. Unless its the cost of 3 months or less, its pretty big gamble.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    I don't understand how anyone would even consider a lifetime without at the very least playing the game for 2-3 months...for any game, not just TSW.

They proably shouldn't which is why I don't have one for TSW or LOTRO.

After the fact I regeretted it.

Do they not sell it anymore? why do you regret it?

LOTRO isn't sold anymore and I was told that the Secret World didn't sell it anymore. However, after I read your post I went to the accounts section and apparently that's not the case. So "Thanks"!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    no regrets here..but i am taking abreak atm to play gw2 and lotro..will be back to the  game after christmas.but i do think they really need to take this to f2p to get the people who were sitting on the fence about playing this game into it.i think the sub fee hurts it although i agree with the price.
  • IczerIczer Member UncommonPosts: 116

I did not buy the lifetime sub, thankfully, but did pay to play for 3 months before getting bored with it.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571

No regrets at all, I am glad I bought life-time.  I have already had tons of fun and don't mind taking small breaks from the end game while they populate more content.  This is by far my favorite MMORPG out right now if only there was more stuff to do at end game currently I would be plastered in my seat permenently.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Unojc

I do.  Never thought I'd say it.  Played a whole month and haven't touched it since.  Learned my lesson on buying lifetime accounts.  Next time ill play a month or two before deciding.

I'm curious how many others have stopped playing their lifetime.

No. Including that  of  LOTRO. I can log in and play whenever feel like without spending 15 bucks a month on sub. Best investments in gaming i ever made.

I wish more MMOS would offer it so i can buy life time.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    I've never purchased a lifetime sub.  Buying the regular editions of MMOs these days is a big enough gamble.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 571
    Not to mention the life time sub pays for itself in 16-17 months of play.  I've played for about 4 months and enjoyed it and I know for sure I will be back!
  • killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    I didn't purchase a lifetime sub, nor would I ever for any game.  However, if I had, I would be more worried about Funcom being bought out.  That lifetime sub is an agreement with Funcom, not whatever company purchases Funcom.  I believe that a company could buy TSW and/or all of Funcom and decide that they do not find it financially viable to offer lifetime subscriptions or honor lifetime subscriptions sold by Funcom.  If that is not the case and the purchasing company must honor lifetime subs sold by Funcom, that is a financial burden that companies otherwise considering purchasing Funcom may not want to take on.
  • sfc1971sfc1971 Member UncommonPosts: 421

I got lifetime mostly because I knew the game would be a huge risk but wanted to support the guy who made The Longest Journey and not be one of those whiners who bitch about how nobody dares make anything unique but refuse to put their money were their mouth is.

Do I regret it? Not really, played as an expensive single player game, it was a fun game. But I finished it. As a MMO, it fails but then again, most MMO's fail. Maybe I am just mmo tired. 

The real issue with the game for me is that the single player combat mechanics tend to be to too boring as fights drag on and on and later levels don't allow you to by pass fights as easily. 

The dungeons are okay but once you learn the mechanics on the first run, it gets tiresome when people on their fourth try STILL don't get it. Once you are in a good group, the game just becomes to easy and in a bad group, too frustrating 

WHEN ARE MMO'S FINALLY GOING TO INCLUDE VOICE CHAT BY DEFAULT!

Frankly as an adult, this amount of money and getting several months gaming out of it, makes it an extremely cheap form of entertainment. I spend more on a single night out. 

I do not regret buying the game, I just wish it had turned out better because there was plenty of potential but really launching a game based on AoC and AGAIN not launching with the bank/auction house ready... that is just stupid. Funcom should now by know that you can't recover from a bad launch. No game has, no game will.

To bad but at least I gave it a chance.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    I've never purchased a lifetime sub.  Buying the regular editions of MMOs these days is a big enough gamble.

Same here. I feel the same.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ZikariZikari Member Posts: 78

If I regret it and if I play enough to make it financially worth it are two seperate questions. The first one is a clear no, I loved the game during the beta and still do, the lifetime gives me the freedom of playing on my own pace, drop in every couple of days without asking myself each month if I want to continue the sub. As long as they continue to provide fresh content I will be willingly there to consume it, even if that means only playing 4 to 5 days each month.

Could I get the same cheaper by only paying a month sub every 4-5 month to catch up, possibly, but then I would loose the luxory of playing my own pace. It was a good deal, especially for me as someone who does not play a game every dat...

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Unojc
    I do.  Never thought I'd say it.  Played a whole month and haven't touched it since.  Learned my lesson on buying lifetime accounts.  Next time ill play a month or two before deciding. I'm curious how many others have stopped playing their lifetime.

I benched the game for a while, But don't regret the lifetime.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Bought lifetime sub, still playing TSW and will be playing so I don't regret anything. This was my first and probably last lifetime sub though, just wanted to support the idea behind this particular game.
  • DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    When I can im buying a lifetime sub. I really enjoy the game and IF it does go F2P then im premium for life. But lets pray it doesnt. If I have lifetime its a game i can pick up and play w/e.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    I don't understand how anyone would even consider a lifetime without at the very least playing the game for 2-3 months...for any game, not just TSW.

Usually because they don't offer them after launch. LOTRO still did I think though, up until F2P. But TSW doesn't.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    I seriously considered it, but now glad I didn't.  My problem wasn't the "lack" of content, but that the gameplay just got really repetative, to the point that I didn't even want to log in.

You make me like charity

• DreskestDreskest Member Posts: 69

Been playing since headstart, and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon so no regrets at all.

And honestly. I bought lifetime right away to support this game for offering a fresh modern day setting and horror/mystery atmosphere, among other things, but I still support the game regularly through the cash shop.

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163
    Originally posted by evilastro

Usually because they don't offer them after launch. LOTRO still did I think though, up until F2P. But TSW doesn't.

Not true.  The lifetime sub is still available for TSW.

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by Ortwig
    Originally posted by evilastro

Not true.  The lifetime sub is still available for TSW.

No its not. I was just trying the other day and it won't let you buy the grandmasters pack. 

This is what I get

Warning!

We could not find a valid upgrade offer by the given url

Try looking for the subscription upgrade you want in the list below

Please contact Customer Support for further assistance

Did you contact Customer Service?

Last time this question came up on the forums, about a week ago the GM upgrade was reported as still available (i.e., poster claimed to have "just" upgraded.