Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did someone else get gold sellers invites in their facebook accounts?

TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158

What the titles says. 

The past 2 days I am getting bombarded by friend requests in facebook that are basically elaborate gold sellers, but for some reason they advertise Darkfall and even give pro tips about the usefulness of gold.

Seriously were there gold sellers in the original darkfall to begin with? 

Comments

• TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Maybe they want to be your friend. If they do want to be a friend of yours you should take advantage of that, as you could get free gold. Also can we be friends? Because if you are friends with them and I am friends with you, that makes us half friends, so I get a half friend discount of 50%. Let me know.

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

• TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158

But I will value your half friendship so much and you can't put a price to that.

And if I give you gold then you will just spend it and then forget about me, hence I should probably just gang you and loot you so you will forever remember our half friendship:)

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    I see no down side to having an army of chinese and russians at your disposal for gold in game lol.
  • TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158
    Originally posted by gravesworn
    I see no down side to having an army of chinese and russians at your disposal for gold in game lol.

In a guild called the Golden Horde am I right?:P

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Just think of Gold Farmers as mobs with really bad AI....JACKPOT!!!  They dont fare well in full loot games. image
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

They're probably just goin down the list of people on the facebook darkfall fanpages and adding them.  Not a terrible plan for them.

The worst gold seller plan I've seen was one that offered to sell gold and powerlevelling... but in EVE Online

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by Tymoris

What the titles says. 

The past 2 days I am getting bombarded by friend requests in facebook that are basically elaborate gold sellers, but for some reason they advertise Darkfall and even give pro tips about the usefulness of gold.

Seriously were there gold sellers in the original darkfall to begin with? 

Yes the Chinamen did exist in DF 1 and many people bought gold as well as sold and bought accounts.  However, although the farmers are def in game with the full loot ffa mechanics their lives are much much more difficult.   The difference between DF and other more carebear games is that here once you figure out where the chinamen are based out of and what they are farming you can insert yourself with some buddies to kill them over and over again and camp their farm spots.  Don't forget you get all their stuff if you kill them.  There were several time periods in the original DF where I knew of the preferred farm spot for the chinese's, you know what I did, I farmed them and it was very profitable.