Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Set The Record Stright

People Are calling this a WoW clone . So i want to ask HOW is it a clone ? In detail please.

I Have some Questions that people can awnser PLEASE BE HONEST!

Question one Did you ever play FFXI and for how long?

Question two Did you play V1 of FFXIV and for how long?

Question three Did you play WoW and for how long?

Question four Be specific what aspects of FFXIV:ARR are like WoW ?

Question five Define what a "clone" is?

Question six What specific aspects are like FFXI if any ?

Question seven Do you think it is fair to pass judgement on a game that is only in a alpha build?

Question eight On a scale of one to ten rate your excitement to play ARR?

Question nine Are you a Hard Core gamer or a casual one ?

Question ten How old are you ?

http://absoluteretribution.enjin.com/ Guild Website and Recruitment link

Comments

• Snowdon_CloudripperSnowdon_Cloudripper Member CommonPosts: 584

my awnsers

#1 Yes , and played for 9 years (Abyssea killed it for me )

#2 Yes, Until July 2011 after auto attack patch

#3 No , WoW never intrested me

#4 Im not sure because i never played WoW

#5 A "clone" is a  copy of something identical "copy"

#6 From what i noticed the combat is about the same but a bit faster then XI , Jobs/Classes are the same , Story/Lore , item slots and inv are about the same new touch of drag and drop . Chr choice .

#7 NO a alpha is less then 5% of the full game and the bare minimal in tearms of controls and control graphics . That and everything is subject to change and alpha is not a full finished product like a Beta 3 or open Beta. Its just a adaptation of the game.

#8 Im at about an 8.5 I played V1 it was ok . V2 looks great IMO so far.

#9 I guess im hard core i played XI almost every day Monday - Thursday for about 6 hours Friday - Saturday for about 18 Sunday about 16 . Total EG and HNMs .

#10 im 34 I have played Games since Atari 2600 . The first FF back in 1987 i was 9 it was on NES ( thats

nintendo) LOVE RPGS , and Shooters Got into MMOs by acident bought the HDD for PS2 just to play SOCOM2 HDD maps online FFXI came with the HDD so i gave it a try and i LOVED it!

• XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by DarknessReign
    [mod edit]

It's your other post I had a problem with, calling people out like they've done something wrong. This post certainly isn't just an innocent question about what peoples opinions are. You've posted like 3-4 differnt things in the past 5 minutes about FFXIV and this one in particular is accusatory. I don't know about 'new guy' as I've been a member since '09 but whatever. To answer some of your question, the basic idea of WoW is to quest in specific areas, get gear, and do this a million times until max. I don't have a problem with that to some degree. The 'clone' part that I think people are referring to is the tab targetting combat mixed with the WTF is there to do at end game with a game that doesn't have PvP (could be wrong). So yeah there is my opinion. NOthing unique, all been done before, just now with better graphics.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

#7 NO a alpha is less then 5% of the full game and the bare minimal in tearms of controls and control graphics . That and everything is subject to change and alpha is not a full finished product like a Beta 3 or open Beta. Its just a adaptation of the game.

Would you not say that #8 is actually judging the game? I see no problem with that myself though. I think you should be able to believe it looks great or not at this stage already. You add so far, but that is a given when a game is in alpha stage. Most poeple know thing might changes.

Originally posted by XxGrimmxX
    says the new guy ? I am asking and awnsering questions is that not what a fourm is for? or is it to bait someone in and troll them ? No one here other then you have a problem with me asking questions or wondering peoples motives ? what are yours?

It's your other post I had a problem with, calling people out like they've done something wrong. This post certainly isn't just an innocent question about what peoples opinions are. You've posted like 3-4 differnt things in the past 5 minutes about FFXIV and this one in particular is accusatory. I don't know about 'new guy' as I've been a member since '09 but whatever. To answer some of your question, the basic idea of WoW is to quest in specific areas, get gear, and do this a million times until max. I don't have a problem with that to some degree. The 'clone' part that I think people are referring to is the tab targetting combat mixed with the WTF is there to do at end game with a game that doesn't have PvP (could be wrong). So yeah there is my opinion. NOthing unique, all been done before, just now with better graphics.

I think you should look over all the info i gathered for this game. There will be PvP Questing is limited once you do the quests and there done and switch to a new job/class the quests are still done. As for gear in XIV V1 they came from Drops off mobs not questing. In XI they came off Drops from mobs in ARR they will come from drops off mobs. Execpt the lowbe gear. In the Alpha quest and combat shows level 1 crafted items as a reward things you can make or buy or just get. Your NOT going to get the best of the best in a quest. Take some time and look over the INFO thread . As for my questions i am asking i want to get an idea on who really has played a FF MMO one and two who played BOTH WoW and FFXI . Every post saying its a WoW clone i dont see it. I see a updated game and more modern like any FPS CoD or BF there all the same but one gets upgraded and becomes modern. Same applies to MMOs . I think the Questions are valid . Im hiding nothing and was honest. I played V1 and XI . I want to know how different this community is in tearms of knowlegde about the FF franchise and V1 and XI or are they JUST going on playing WoW simple and fair

Originally posted by Netspook

People Are calling this a WoW clone . So i want to ask HOW is it a clone ? In detail please.

Question seven Do you think it is fair to pass judgement on a game that is only in a alpha build?

[mod edit]

I dont see that the questions are not Fair. I ask both how is it like WoW , How is it like XI , How long did you play WoW , how long did you play Xi , XIV , The idea is to get an idea of the community and then we can pick eachothers brain on pros and cons rather then . THIS IS JUST LIKE WoW ohh man its going to suck ( based on what ) OR THIS IS NOT A WoW CLONE ( again based on what ) rather fair questions i think . There is no wrong awnser. I never played WoW so to me it looks like a modern MMO of FF . Maybe i want people opinion who have played Both . Maybe the people avoiding to awnser the questions ONLY played WoW ? Thats what i am starting to think

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

Have you been around here when SWTOR, GW2, and to lesser extents TERA and TSW are getting hyped? You should have seen this coming from a mile away to know better than to fight it. It's a cycle that every new (Themepark) MMO goes through.

Based on this video it really does feel like the traditional quest system WoW popularized. We all know that's not the entirety of the game, but what they've shown here screams of "traditional". Maybe they do have cutscenes on main quests, I don't know, but I hope they do.

Originally posted by KhinRunite

Have you been around here when SWTOR, GW2, and to lesser extents TERA and TSW are getting hyped? You should have seen this coming from a mile away to know better than to fight it. It's a cycle that every new (Themepark) MMO goes through.

Based on this video it really does feel like the traditional quest system WoW popularized. We all know that's not the entirety of the game, but what they've shown here screams of "traditional". Maybe they do have cutscenes on main quests, I don't know, but I hope they do.

Yes i know but i would like to have a honest debate or a semi adult conversation (looks like very few can do that) rather then children who just jump the gun on every issue without any thought or knowledge or to get the knowledge ? i can see the Questing system like WoWs i guess it is different but questing is nothing new in a MMO. The main story will be voice dubed with CGI just like the final trailer from V1 so expect things like that with main story. But its like i have been asking in other threads HOW is it like WoW if its JUST the quest system i hardly call that a clone . That would be like saying OH MAN BATTLEFIELDS AK-105 SHOOTS JUST LIKE CoDs AK-105 ITS A CLONE . Based off one aspect of the game all of a sudden the entire game is a clone and a lot are basing this off a Alpha really? But the questions im asking are to help eachother learn to debate to show this and show that. The questing system maybe from WoW is that a bad thing?

• zanfirezanfire Member UncommonPosts: 969

there are major elements of WoW that i just dont like, that this game seems to be taking. Of course its not all 100%, but if they are basing it on WoW format, these things will follow:

1) quests that go from one area to the next will be the only really effective way to level

2) those quest handhold you like your a child, giant golden ! with arrows pointing where to go and what to do without you having to think for a second.

3)Quests are very solo friendly, making the use for groups next to pointless

4)leveling is extremely fast.

5) endgame is a majority of instanced raids (and since you soloed most the game, these would be one of the few times you actually do things as a group, so you have next to no clue how to work as a team and use your class in a team enviorment)

6) Combat is a spamming of skills and take next to no planning.

7) since endgame is meant to cater to solo/casuals, its very easy to get and most people have the best stuff, along with us constanly replacing that gear because every year they have a new level cap.

Most of these things in FFXI are not really present..and i know it wasnt a perfect game by far, but there is a reason its STILL going strong and P2P.

the things i loved about FFXI was things like:

1)very team based early on, you couldnt get far without being in groups....you know, the reason MMOs are MMOs

2)leveling took a long time, enough time that getting to cap felt like it meant something and because you spent so much time/money..ect on it you had plenty of time to get good at it and are invested in it.

3)combat may have been slow, but it felt much more tactical and anyone doing bad at their job really showed. It was obvious to seperate a good player from a bad one.

4) endgame had tons of variety, even open world bosses, events you could only do a few times..ect

Originally posted by drivendawn

Agreed, it is as you say but yoshi said that it would not be action combat and would be quest based and people have known this for a while. So i dont know what people were thinking. That they would see alpha and find out it was just the opposite? Anyway SE said they would have both voice and text cut scenes for the three different story arcs.

quests are fine, just not how they tend to be in games like WoW (see my post above as to what i mean)

i just dont understand why they would supposedly take away options to level (dungeon runs, camp grinds) and make the really effective way only 1 way.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

with the exception that TSW is actually a fantastic game that lived up to the.. errm, hype? there was NONE.

Might tell us something, less hyped games are the better ones.

I think hype is publisher guerilla marketing anyway.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Originally posted by zanfire

Agreed, it is as you say but yoshi said that it would not be action combat and would be quest based and people have known this for a while. So i dont know what people were thinking. That they would see alpha and find out it was just the opposite? Anyway SE said they would have both voice and text cut scenes for the three different story arcs.

quests are fine, just not how they tend to be in games like WoW (see my post above as to what i mean)

i just dont understand why they would supposedly take away options to level (dungeon runs, camp grinds) and make the really effective way only 1 way.

Im in alpha I wish I could address those points but I can't with the NDA .

those points are my HUGE fears that this game will become just like eveything else. I liked how 1.0 was going, but they clearly changed quite a bit. As much as i would like FFXI-2, i know there are some things that id change to todays standards...but those ones i listed are what drives me from so may MMOs.

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

1.   Did you ever play FFXI and for how long?  Yes, off and on since 2003.   My first true MMO and always brings on nostalgia.

2.  Did you play V1 of FFXIV and for how long?  Yes, for about 2 months.  Couldn't get passed the boring combat, horrible UI and controls and lack of content.

3.   Did you play WoW and for how long?  Yes, off and on since 2004, my second favorite MMO of all time.  FFXI was my first.

4.  Be specific what aspects of FFXIV:ARR are like WoW ?  Questing for xp, the icon over the heads, jumping, hot bar usage with the mouse(yay!)

5.   Define what a "clone" is?  A copy or facsimile of a thing.  Usually defined by the same traits the original has/had.

6.   What specific aspects are like FFXI if any ?  Some of the job names are back.  Chocobos.  Moogles.  Materia.  The music!!

7.  Do you think it is fair to pass judgement on a game that is only in a alpha build?  Yes.  Technically this is a misnomer, as the engine was already built as well as many other aspects that went into FF14 v. 1, the only Alpha aspects are the new changes to the game.

8.  On a scale of one to ten rate your excitement to play ARR? 10

9.  Are you a Hard Core gamer or a casual one ?  Hybrid.  Some days I have the time, others I don't.

10.  How old are you ?  36, turning 37 next week.

A question of my own...Why does it bother you so much if someone claims it to be a WoW clone?  Last time I looked WoW is a pretty fun game and has a massive playerbase.  Everyone knows it's not a full clone they just use that term to piss people off because they just don't like themeparks.

• PoporiPopori Member UncommonPosts: 334

How is any of this relevant to the game or if it is/isn't WOW-like in nature?  And what is wrong with being WoW-like?

This whole WoW-like nonsense seems to be another means of stirring the pot without anyone really questioning themselves over what they're actually upset over.  What inherently negative aspect does WoW-like-ism impart on a game?

Originally posted by elocke

1.   Did you ever play FFXI and for how long?  Yes, off and on since 2003.   My first true MMO and always brings on nostalgia.

2.  Did you play V1 of FFXIV and for how long?  Yes, for about 2 months.  Couldn't get passed the boring combat, horrible UI and controls and lack of content.

3.   Did you play WoW and for how long?  Yes, off and on since 2004, my second favorite MMO of all time.  FFXI was my first.

4.  Be specific what aspects of FFXIV:ARR are like WoW ?  Questing for xp, the icon over the heads, jumping, hot bar usage with the mouse(yay!)

5.   Define what a "clone" is?  A copy or facsimile of a thing.  Usually defined by the same traits the original has/had.

6.   What specific aspects are like FFXI if any ?  Some of the job names are back.  Chocobos.  Moogles.  Materia.  The music!!

7.  Do you think it is fair to pass judgement on a game that is only in a alpha build?  Yes.  Technically this is a misnomer, as the engine was already built as well as many other aspects that went into FF14 v. 1, the only Alpha aspects are the new changes to the game.

9.  Are you a Hard Core gamer or a casual one ?  Hybrid.  Some days I have the time, others I don't.

A question of my own...Why does it bother you so much if someone claims it to be a WoW clone?  Last time I looked WoW is a pretty fun game and has a massive playerbase.  Everyone knows it's not a full clone they just use that term to piss people off because they just don't like themeparks.

I hate when people call things there not. Logic a game that made mega millions like WoW if a game like FF used parts of it to make a modern MMO how is that a bad thing? But people drive the point like OMG its been done before. Im always like well no Sh*T every game takes something from something. Like XI and WoW took from EQ . Both ended up being good games . XI is still kicking still 13$ a month 10 years later. That is the awnser to your question . Let me ask you a question based off your awnsers if i may . Do you think this will be a "best of both" in tearms of game play and the fun factor ? Aside from jumping and questing do you think it is a clone ? Or do you think it is FF with the right mix of modern day systems? Will it play like WoW or like a FF ? Im right there with you im not at a 10 yet but close. Having not played WoW to me like i say it is just FF modernized . Is that a fair assestment ?

Originally posted by Popori

How is any of this relevant to the game or if it is/isn't WOW-like in nature?  And what is wrong with being WoW-like?

This whole WoW-like nonsense seems to be another means of stirring the pot without anyone really questioning themselves over what they're actually upset over.  What inherently negative aspect does WoW-like-ism impart on a game?

Thats what i want to find out. WoW i never played it sold multi millions SO did FFXI not as huge as WoW but is still going . Im right there to so what if its like WoW is that really a bad thing? So why make it sound like a bad thing.

Thats what i want to find out. WoW i never played it sold multi millions SO did FFXI not as huge as WoW but is still going . Im right there to so what if its like WoW is that really a bad thing? So why make it sound like a bad thing.

yes for the reasons i listed.

I hate when people call things there not. Logic a game that made mega millions like WoW if a game like FF used parts of it to make a modern MMO how is that a bad thing? But people drive the point like OMG its been done before. Im always like well no Sh*T every game takes something from something. Like XI and WoW took from EQ . Both ended up being good games . XI is still kicking still 13$ a month 10 years later. That is the awnser to your question . Let me ask you a question based off your awnsers if i may . Do you think this will be a "best of both" in tearms of game play and the fun factor ? Aside from jumping and questing do you think it is a clone ? Or do you think it is FF with the right mix of modern day systems? Will it play like WoW or like a FF ? Im right there with you im not at a 10 yet but close. Having not played WoW to me like i say it is just FF modernized . Is that a fair assestment ?

Do I think it's a clone? No.  It's Final Fantasy.  There are no talent trees, that I know of, and crafting is no where near WoW's.

Do I think it's the best of both?  I hope so.  Time will tell of course, I haven't gotten a chance to play the new version, which is fine, it will make the release so much the sweeter, but until then I'm hopeful.

I think it's a fair assessment to say they are modernizing it using many of the staples we've come to expect, most of those stemming from what WoW did with the genre.  My only gripe, and it's a small one, is the yellow ! over the heads.  Not sure why they didn't keep it the blue and white kind from version 1.  I kind of hope they change the color scheme a bit more on the UI as well, as it looks a bit cheesy, hopefully it's something they are constantly working on.

The reasons you listed apply to most if not all Themepark type games, not just WoW.  You would do better by just saying you want more sandbox aspects, which I can respect and maybe even agree with in some cases.

The reasons you listed apply to most if not all Themepark type games, not just WoW.  You would do better by just saying you want more sandbox aspects, which I can respect and maybe even agree with in some cases.

True, but WoW is the game that basically made those things i dont like the standard....like the Wii brought in stupid motion controls. Hence why i find it WoW-like, because everyone considers it the standard.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

my awnsers

#1 Yes , and played for 9 years (Abyssea killed it for me )

#2 Yes, Until July 2011 after auto attack patch

#3 No , WoW never intrested me

#4 Im not sure because i never played WoW

#5 A "clone" is a  copy of something identical "copy"

#6 From what i noticed the combat is about the same but a bit faster then XI , Jobs/Classes are the same , Story/Lore , item slots and inv are about the same new touch of drag and drop . Chr choice .

#9 I guess im hard core i played XI almost every day Monday - Thursday for about 6 hours Friday - Saturday for about 18 Sunday about 16 . Total EG and HNMs .

#10 im 34 I have played Games since Atari 2600 . The first FF back in 1987 i was 9 it was on NES ( thats

nintendo) LOVE RPGS , and Shooters Got into MMOs by acident bought the HDD for PS2 just to play SOCOM2 HDD maps online FFXI came with the HDD so i gave it a try and i LOVED it!

So you never played WoW and yet you are upset that people are calling FFIV a WoW clone? Very mature.

If you had read any of the producers letters you would know that they are pretty much cut and pasting most of the functionality of WoW into FFIV.  This is why it is being labeled a WoW clone.  This doesnt make it a bad game, it just means it is going to be a user friendly themepark, which is what anyone following this revival should have expected.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

This is a quote by the producer of FFIV:

"I think it would've been good if they tried seeing what happened if they turned World of Warcraft into Final Fantasy. So, because they tried only to make something that was 'different from FFXI,' they ended up with not much of anything.

"They should have said, 'Hey you, go play WoW for a year [for inspiration].'

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/27/yoshida-another-mistake-like-ff14-would-destroy-square

It is very publicly known that the producer is borrowing heavily from World of Warcraft, as he feels that is the direction the game should have gone in the first instance.

evilastro , do me a favor and look at the thread called All FFXIV ARR INFO found here , who started that thread ? who maintains that thread ? you assume to much. What I don't like is how people make the entire game to sound like it just totally copied WoW every aspect of it. That is not true. The same point I make that Call of Duity and say Battlefield have the same weapons , same controls , same general features , but different areas they set there games in.b No one calls it a clone and by this communitys standards just implementing a updated quest system like WoWs and a jump suddenly its a exact replica of WoW. so you miss interpreted what my questions are.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    I'll bite.. and I'll be honest.

Question one Did you ever play FFXI and for how long? Yes, not sure how long, but not that long. I didn't like how much focus there was on grouping. Without a group, it was no fun. I enjoy a group but only when it's on my own terms and I chose to do it. Options are good. Don't see what this question has to do with the subject at hand though.

Question two Did you play V1 of FFXIV and for how long? I got into the private (24/7) alpha for FFXIV very very early on (played it all the way til the end of the (private) beta). There was another version of the beta that was available 24/7, I was in it. After investing a lot of time into it and really taking part in trying to improve the game they just ignored everything me and every other tester was suggesting. The game actually got WORSE post alpha, not better. I didn't buy the release version.. my brother did though so I checked it out a few times and it was almost exactly the same as the final beta version.

Question three Did you play WoW and for how long? I've played it numerous times for like 1-2 months at a time but never been 'hooked' on it like a lot of people have. Sometimes I've really enjoyed it but it never lasted.

Question four Be specific what aspects of FFXIV:ARR are like WoW ? From the videos it looks like you are doing almost the same sort of thing. There may be more to it.. but from what I've seen it just looks like it flows the same as WoW with different combat. Combat which looks more boring than WoW's. It might not be though. Have to try it. Same impression I got with TERA, same overall game as WoW with different combat.

Question five Define what a "clone" is? A WoW clone is a game where you feel like you are doing the same thing you have already done in WoW and all the other clones. I don't care about specifics, it's about my state of mind whilst playing. There can be some good clones out there though, I enjoy Rift for example.

Question six What specific aspects are like FFXI if any? I don't know.. nor do I see what that has to do with anything. You always stand still in combat..? Is that one? Is this game only going to be for people who played FFXI or summat?

Question seven Do you think it is fair to pass judgement on a game that is only in a alpha build? Based on my hands on experience with alpha testing of FF:XIV, definately. Based on a video? No. Plus, this is an alpha of a 'remake', not a new game.. that is an entirely different situation altogether.

Question eight On a scale of one to ten rate your excitement to play ARR? Probably 4.. I don't have high hopes for it. I want it to be good, I'm sure everyone does. I just don't expect it to be. I'll definately try it though and I hope I'm wrong cos I'd love a new decent FF game.

Question nine Are you a Hard Core gamer or a casual one? Have been either, depends what's going on in my life at the time.

Question ten How old are you? 30. This hasn't got any relevance and just shows you are ageist. If you can't respect the opinion of people from all walks of life then whats the point in asking for them? I know teenagers that are more mature than some 35 year olds. Age means nothing.

If you've never played a game like WoW.. then the first one you play will seem like a breath of fresh MMO air. You'll love it. What you need to realise though is that is why you can't understand why a WoW clone 'could' be a bad thing, the majority of WoW clones are bad for people who have properly played a game in that format already so evidence suggests that the chance of a WoW clone being good is not very high. Everything gets old eventually. To you it might be fresh, but to us it's stale. And that right there is the problem you are having. You can't comprehend our point of view so you refuse to accept it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Netspook Originally posted by DarknessReign People Are calling this a WoW clone . So i want to ask HOW is it a clone ? In detail please. I Have some Questions that people can awnser PLEASE BE HONEST! Question one Did you ever play FFXI and for how long? Question two Did you play V1 of FFXIV and for how long? Question three Did you play WoW and for how long? Question four Be specific what aspects of FFXIV:ARR are like WoW ? Question five Define what a "clone" is? Question six What specific aspects are like FFXI if any ? Question seven Do you think it is fair to pass judgement on a game that is only in a alpha build? Question eight On a scale of one to ten rate your excitement to play ARR? Question nine Are you a Hard Core gamer or a casual one ? Question ten How old are you ?    
      Looking for new ways to "prove" how more of an expert you are, compared the rest of us? Not falling for it, try again.
    I dont see that the questions are not Fair. I ask both how is it like WoW , How is it like XI , How long did you play WoW , how long did you play Xi , XIV , The idea is to get an idea of the community and then we can pick eachothers brain on pros and cons rather then . THIS IS JUST LIKE WoW ohh man its going to suck ( based on what ) OR THIS IS NOT A WoW CLONE ( again based on what ) rather fair questions i think . There is no wrong awnser. I never played WoW so to me it looks like a modern MMO of FF . Maybe i want people opinion who have played Both . Maybe the people avoiding to awnser the questions ONLY played WoW ? Thats what i am starting to think

Funny when your reposes pretty much say "your wrong" or invalidae their observations on the game.

I think you should look over all the info i gathered for this game. There will be PvP Questing is limited once you do the quests and there done and switch to a new job/class the quests are still done. As for gear in XIV V1 they came from Drops off mobs not questing. In XI they came off Drops from mobs in ARR they will come from drops off mobs. Execpt the lowbe gear. In the Alpha quest and combat shows level 1 crafted items as a reward things you can make or buy or just get. Your NOT going to get the best of the best in a quest. Take some time and look over the INFO thread . As for my questions i am asking i want to get an idea on who really has played a FF MMO one and two who played BOTH WoW and FFXI . Every post saying its a WoW clone i dont see it. I see a updated game and more modern like any FPS CoD or BF there all the same but one gets upgraded and becomes modern. Same applies to MMOs . I think the Questions are valid . Im hiding nothing and was honest. I played V1 and XI . I want to know how different this community is in tearms of knowlegde about the FF franchise and V1 and XI or are they JUST going on playing WoW simple and fair

I'm half convinced they are Rhetorical baiting questions.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

The game isn't out yet, and there is an NDA.  All people can go by is what the producer has said so far.

No.

No.

Vanilla Wow and a smattering of Cataclysm.

Read what the producer wrote again.  Again, NDA and its in alpha, so who knows how it will end up.

That's a really asinine question.

You know this already.

Do you think its fair to be a rabid fanboi when the game hasn't been launched yet?

Irrelevant. 

Irrelevant.

Irrelevant.  Age means nothings in regards to maturity, as you have clearly demonstrated.

Try being a little less defensive and protective about this game.  Go out and get some air.  You've turned this particular forum into an unhealthy obsession.