Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 publisher layoffs

dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250587/guild-wars-2-publisher-ncsoft-hit-with-layoffs/

I guess this means GW2 will die soon, same as how WOW died after Activision-Blizzard did layoffs in February. Huh.

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Not very likely.
  • jondifooljondifool Member UncommonPosts: 1,143
    Originally posted by dimnikar

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250587/guild-wars-2-publisher-ncsoft-hit-with-layoffs/

I guess this means GW2 will die soon, same as how WOW died after Activision-Blizzard did layoffs in February. Huh.

ArenaNet have already answered to this

"While we are indeed a wholly-owned subsidiary of Korea-based NCsoft Corporation (read NCsoft HQ), we are also our own entity. ArenaNet has not been affected by the NCwest realignment. And indeed, we are hiring: http://www.arena.net/jobs/" -Martin Kerstein

now go on quessing what this is meaning.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

The game is already published so it is unlikely to have any effect on the game. I mean, if I bought a new car and the garage I bought it from closed it wouldn't mean I couldn't drive my car anymore or get it fixed at another garage....

Plus, it is pretty standard for the people employed at the start of a project to be let go as upon completion their job is done. BAU and project work are 2 entirely different beasts in the business world.

• dimnikardimnikar Member Posts: 271

Yeah, tables turned, etc.

I wish I could be bothered to find your posts on Activision layoffs from earlier this year :D

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

"What do you see jeoffrey?"

"-Sir, I see smoke on the east, sir they are coming this way"

"How many jeoffrey?"

"-Many sir, too many ,  oh my...."

*Jeoffrey drops his binoculars*

"-Sir...its a horde...its the...the haters...they are coming..."

*Sir McNough could not find words to express his horror*

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Doooooooom!

In addition to doooooooom, I find that article's name a bit funny. "Guild Wars 2 publisher NCSoft". It's like they don't have any other games.

• GreyhooffGreyhooff Member Posts: 654

ArenaNet has not laid off a single person. It's growing because GW2 is growing. They're actually hiring new people.

NCsoft, its parent company, is laying off people in other games that aren't doing well.

This isn't rocket science, it's like when Activision lays off people from the Call of Duty dev staff, that doesn't impact Blizzard at all :)

• dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

People are too quick to shout that the sky is falling. Its like the issues with Funcom a while back, people instantly jumped in and assumed "OH LOL TSW IS DEAD LOL", lets not even take note of Age of Conan or much more likely, Anarchy Online?

As for GW2, it couldn't possibly have been CoH could it? Could it?! Of course not. It has to be GW2, GW2 must be it when it has an entire range of other, older, less popular games.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by dreamsofwar

People are too quick to shout that the sky is falling. Its like the issues with Funcom a while back, people instantly jumped in and assumed "OH LOL TSW IS DEAD LOL", lets not even take note of Age of Conan or much more likely, Anarchy Online?

As for GW2, it couldn't possibly have been CoH could it? Could it?! Of course not. It has to be GW2, GW2 must be it when it has an entire range of other, older, less popular games.

FunCom actually fired some people, ANET is growing... So it is not really the same.

City of heroes on the other hand is probably not the big culprit either, I think Aion is the main reason. 

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This is not a GW2 topic, but a general one. We've moved these to the General Gaming forum, but I'm locking this.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.