Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of returning, looking for corp

sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201

I have been slightly tempted to return.

last time I played I was in a small friend corp, basically just me and about 3 other people.

I wasnt really that much of a combat person, most of my skills are scattered around the non combat roles, sorry I havent played in awhile so doing this from memory hah.

Salvaging jury rigging manufacturing etc

then hacking and cloaking skills, I had a cheetah but I had my first lesson in pvp, if you are in a cheetah and hacking something and someone warps to your general area....run like hell.

I was working on science and archaeology as well if I remember.

my main combat skills was mainly drone combat.

I spent most of my time using drones to take down npc ships salvaging the corpses and making jury rigged gear.

and I was working on support drone skills I got ecm drones but I am not sure if I got to repair drones but I was working on them

wasnt sure how useful I'd be in a real corp.

I did have a couple basic combat frigates though, forget their names but they were minmatar.

Comments

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Well if you want to have some good cheap fun then RvB (Red vs Blue) is where its at. We have had 2 free for all even ts in the last 6 weeks where they dropped 10,000 frigates onto the grid at the pos. Go get popped and then grab another. Was hella fun if you want some pvp action.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507

Sounds like you were/are a bit all over the map, and you may like some help figuring out what your focus should be.

EVE University might be a great place to re-enter the universe, lots of helpful folks/classes/resources and will give you time to figure out your longer term goals which is actually quite important when choosing what corp to join, since most tend to specialize in a few areas.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    Well if you want to have some good cheap fun then RvB (Red vs Blue) is where its at. We have had 2 free for all even ts in the last 6 weeks where they dropped 10,000 frigates onto the grid at the pos. Go get popped and then grab another. Was hella fun if you want some pvp action.

This. Ganked nights are also so much fun if you want some null sec/big fleet action without drama. Just beer, laughs, lots of potential kills and glorious deaths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQdCAmR3gok

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• sinloisinloi Member UncommonPosts: 201
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Sounds like you were/are a bit all over the map, and you may like some help figuring out what your focus should be.

EVE University might be a great place to re-enter the universe, lots of helpful folks/classes/resources and will give you time to figure out your longer term goals which is actually quite important when choosing what corp to join, since most tend to specialize in a few areas.

Yea mainly I wanted to focus on non heavy combat roles.

as far as focus the things I had the most fun with at the time were

taking me, I think vexor, out loaded with drones tractor beams and salvage equipment and farming for jury rigging supplies.

and when I wasnt doing that I was usually in my cheatah, or some varient I was using exploration probes hacking and cloaking.

if I did something in a combat role I'd stick to drones or maybe cloaking as sort of an advanced scout

my vexor and drone skills were so specced the my ship was never near combat.

was always wondering if in a pvp corp if exploration and a cloaked ship would be useful, I also keep a laminated map of low sec with some dry erase markers next to my comp on the wall hah