Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Six days out, a disturbing lack of solid information..

crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

I know I'm not the first to complain about this, but it's starting to bother me and to be honest a little weird...

Very excited about DF:UW, got my old account all set and ready to go.  I am however, having some serious issues with the complete lack of information surronding the game.  I mean we are 6 days away from the pushed back release.  It's pretty well known that DF:UW has been in development for quite some time...

So...why the lack of information?  At the very minnimum all professions should have been released by now.  You would think AV would have put together a nice compilation of the new game.  

Has there been any kind of closed beta?  Does anyone even know? (god I hope so) and if so, why would they not have lifted the NDA?  

I understand all the excitment, I'm excited as well as many of my old guildies, but no one else finds it a bit worrisome that only small amounts of information has been released (including ACTUAL gameplay videos)....?

Comments

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402

Welcome to Darkfall

Thats why

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Darkfall enough said...
    If you have confidence in this dev team to get anything done properly after the contand failures they have produced then i dont know what to say.

This one will go down flat on its face to.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    In the eleventh hour Tasos will delay until February 1, citing holidays etc.  I also think original Darkfall released in February.
  • NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Darkfall enough said...
    If you have confidence in this dev team to get anything done properly after the contand failures they have produced then i dont know what to say.

This one will go down flat on its face to.

Be so kind and link me other massive 3D open world full loot RPG's as polished as darkfall was at the end ?

• DenambrenDenambren Member UncommonPosts: 399

It's always confused me how people are duped by Darkfall passing for a complete MMO title, and not for the scam that it is.

Originally posted by Denambren

It's always confused me how people are duped by Darkfall passing for a complete MMO title, and not for the scam that it is.

Were you one of the people that denied Darkfall would ever release?

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

I don't want this thread to go way of topic if possible.

Look, I played Darkfall at release and I played on and off throughout its existence.  I'm familiar with it's politics and a little familir with AV. I certainly understand the skepticism or outright hostility.

That said,

I don't think it's fair to call Darkfall a 'dupe' either.  At release I had a blast despite all the problems.  It was about 2 months in when (IMO) the hackers and exploiters took full control and the game took a major dump.

I'm only curious why this game has remained so shrouded in terms of solid information...

I want to know: how they will protect against hackers and exploiters this time around, I want to know how they have tested the game to make sure its free of major bugs and exploits if they are not running a CBT or OBT.  I would love to know all the professions, how mounts will work, how long sieges will take, etc...

Originally posted by crysent

I don't want this thread to go way of topic if possible.

Look, I played Darkfall at release and I played on and off throughout its existence.  I'm familiar with it's politics and a little familir with AV. I certainly understand the skepticism or outright hostility.

That said,

I don't think it's fair to call Darkfall a 'dupe' either.  At release I had a blast despite all the problems.  It was about 2 months in when (IMO) the hackers and exploiters took full control and the game took a major dump.

I'm only curious why this game has remained so shrouded in terms of solid information...

I want to know: how they will protect against hackers and exploiters this time around, I want to know how they have tested the game to make sure its free of major bugs and exploits if they are not running a CBT or OBT.  I would love to know all the professions, how mounts will work, how long sieges will take, etc...

Maybe the lack of communication is a cultural thing? (EDIT:  Or just a Tasos thing)  I don't know how they will try to stop the hackers, I just know that there will be hackers.  I was pretty fortunate that I was not affected by any hackers.  Thinking back on it, I did see one speed hacker, but he just zipped by like he had somewhere to go.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    In the eleventh hour Tasos will delay until February 1, citing holidays etc.  I also think original Darkfall released in February.

Nah, He'll blame the Apocalypse and/or the fact AV has been using the Mayan calendar. Independent developers tend to cite acts of "god" for their delays;  Fire(AV), Volcanos(SV), Bird Flu(NP3/Farlan) image

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    ......simply because another push back is incomming!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by TheJoda

maybe but we always get info on friday so. but if they do we might get prim in then at release so win either way

Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by TheJoda

maybe but we always get info on friday so. but if they do we might get prim in then at release so win either way

...I hope you are correct, I want to play this game...but Ive seen enuff of how the lack of info=setback

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Pretty sure being that we've heard nothing since Tasos's speach that the game is getting pushed back again.  Also, I didn't feel that Tasos sounded confident regarding the launch, he didn't say it would be pushed back...but he seemed to talk alot about concerns for launch day.  I expect it to push back again.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

AV never fails to deliver their standards.

Worst case scenario itll be delayed by a week.

Originally posted by Nacario

AV never fails to deliver their standards.

Worst case scenario itll be delayed by a week.

.....right a week, try at least a month!

• SeronysSeronys Member UncommonPosts: 51
    how can you say there is a lack of solid information, im pretty sure they've discussed EVERYTHING the community has wanted to know, they've been releasing videos, doing interviews, all the while putting in as much work as they can for launch... this is the greatest AV has ever been with information. please enlighten me with some information that is missing.
  • LizardoneLizardone Member Posts: 93
    This won't end up well, of course.
  • thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

So...why the lack of information?  At the very minnimum all professions should have been released by now.  You would think AV would have put together a nice compilation of the new game.  

Has there been any kind of closed beta?  Does anyone even know? (god I hope so) and if so, why would they not have lifted the NDA?  

I understand all the excitment, I'm excited as well as many of my old guildies, but no one else finds it a bit worrisome that only small amounts of information has been released (including ACTUAL gameplay videos)....?

It was the same way with the first release.  There was no information until someone started a site that leaked out screen shots and gameplay video.

TBH, I am more worried that there hasn't been any stress tests.  

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by thinktank001

It was the same way with the first release.  There was no information until someone started a site that leaked out screen shots and gameplay video.

TBH, I am more worried that there hasn't been any stress tests.  

yea only reason i think it might be OK is its darkfall with Huge amounts of changes to it so same server tech and all that