Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dev Journal] Vindictus: Vella - The Mistress of the Seas Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Nexon has partnered with MMORPG.com to bring our readers the first-ever look at a new character set to enter Vindictus soon. Her name is Vella, the Dominant Mistress of the Seas. We've got her story, an exclusive video and screenshot to introduce Vella to the world. Read on!

Little is known of this dominant mistress of the seas except that she spent most of her childhood by the ocean. She wields twin swords to quickly decimate her opponents with equally effective offensive and defensive skills. Even the strongest mercenaries struggle to equal her expertise in combat, and she will stop at nothing to vanquish every last Fomor.

Read more of our exclusive developer preview, Vindictus: Vella - The Mistress of the Seas Revealed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ulrik12345ulrik12345 Member Posts: 4
    Nexon/Devcat spends WAY too much details on the character when the environment in general looks like shit compared to the characters. No offence.
  • SilacoidSilacoid Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Originally posted by ulrik12345
    Nexon/Devcat spends WAY too much details on the character when the environment in general looks like shit compared to the characters. No offence.

Many people, like me for example, care a whole lot more about character detail than environment detail.

• mnemic666mnemic666 Member UncommonPosts: 224

When is she going to be out already!?

And damn, Asian MMO's seriously have some of the best looking animations around. They're absolutely spectacular.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Psyched for this character. Might have to shelf my Evie for a bit soon. :)

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608
    A female Lann then.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Now if they could only fix the game from being tedious and extremely boring.
  • siveonsiveon Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Now if they could only fix the game from being tedious and extremely boring.

They can't. They decided to make boring characters with a small amount of comboes. Is it so hard to make a 3D streets of rage with many people playing? Apparently, yes

• InTrainingInTraining Member Posts: 1
    mmorpg.com X Vindictus contest~?
  • darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    it looks good and i felt that i want to play it but i resist because it's hype and how i got burned out from playing the game and suffer from the grind halfway to max.

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

Vindictus lack open world and pvp.

But Vella looks great!!!!!!!!

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468
    Might dip in for a bit to try her out, as was mentioned before Vindictus got boring in a hurry with the repetitive grind but this char looks interesting...

Where's the any key?

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

She looks boring... nothing apart from the other sword characters.

The big dude (name slips my mind) was the only interesting looking character, should really reinstall to check him out...

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    From a person that knows nothing about the game, the combat looked amazing, good job right there :)!
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    If you liked the animation based combat of old school like Mortal Combat, add in some modern day, bad ass girl power graphics and it's Vindictus. It isn't deep or complex, it's a light MMO that fun to watch. I give it cred just for knowing what they wanted to make and doing it.
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Original Trailer.

Somehow taking away the text makes it feel more like gameplay, rather than a trailer.

Also I really like this games animation quality, I'd say it's some of the best in the industry. Especially considering the engine and the actual age of the game.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    You only meet other players in a lobby. The graphics and combat where fine but a MMO needs more than just that.
  • OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196

It is very mmo light, but its a great hack n slash game. I would call this multiplayer rather then mmorpg but the gameplay itself is pretty good. Since it use the mmorpg label it can become to grindy and repetive over the course. Stil the pirate babe looks fun so ill return when she enters Vindictus.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by theoneandonly

Vindictus lack open world and pvp.

But Vella looks great!!!!!!!!

There's PVP in Vindictus. Not sure about the specifics of it but I see my son playing it all the time. It's some kind of capture the flag thing he plays with a ball instead of a flag. I don't know if there are other modes.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Not worth playing.

I know The recent changes to vindictus have been decent, but the customization and cash shop is way too expensive. To fully customize a character the way I want to I have to spend over $50 per character, and its a single time thing, not only this but inventory storage is limited to 2 or 3 tabs, and to my knowledge you have to pay for extra storage per character, not per account the costs are just too much.

Nexon needs to stop milking cows give us real game play and fun where we actually want to play and pay the cash. Stop restricting our raids too especially for VIP's give them unlimited.

• allendale5allendale5 Member Posts: 124
    I actually enjoy this game quite a bit.  I love to be able to interact with most every object and use it as a weapon.  The NPC interaction is a bit strange at first, and some of the quests are redundant, but aside from that it is worth checking out imo.  
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Well I played vindictus since Beta, and during Beta nexon wasn't as greedy I had no problems game was somewhat enjoyable, and then they made all these changes to the game like. 1. Limits on Raids, 2. Bound every Material Item to my character instead of account, 3. Started to over price the Cash Shop,  4. Bots Galore spam everywhere. I like this game it has potential but someone with brains and marketing without scamming needs to step in and take this game over from Nexon because Nexon as a company is a failure look at their official forum you will see that there are posts already about the game being dead. I mean this Vella patch is nice she looks cool great design, but really its no more than a dual bladed Lann throw in some new skills possibly, new animations, give her cool customizations that you by the way have to pay for yet again or look very ugly when you first make a character. It just sucks I would wait for Blade & Soul, or something else worth paying a decent amount so you get your monies worth. Even GuildWars 2 while it has a cash Shop is no where close to as greedy as Nexon I don't have to spend a dime of my own RL money if I don't want to to change a characters apperance, I get plenty of inventory space, and can buy extra for I think it was 400 gems.

• paszkowinaPLpaszkowinaPL Member Posts: 1
    God Component=     Vella + Weapon Spear, not dual swords.
  • ArChWindArChWind Member UncommonPosts: 1,340

Probably the best game ever for animations and character detail. Looking forward to seeing Vella soon.

@oneandonly

PvP is off the main map in exploration areas. Labyrinth, capture the flag and monster brawls.

ArChWind — MMORPG.com Forums

If you are interested in making a MMO maybe visit my page to get a free open source engine.
  • zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442
    Originally posted by Renoaku
    *15 sentence wall of text*

There's this thing called the enter button..  Much less this amazing thing called paragraphs..

Anyways,  the stuff you listed is a giant load..  Most everything in vindictus is cosmetic or just "starter gear" type of junk that you really don't need anyways..

I know you're just trolling, but that was downright pathetic..  Much like GW2 and how little there is to do in it..

• ReignsonReignson Member UncommonPosts: 21

But where are her pants?   

She looks fun-ish, but it's not enough to make me reinstall.  I was over this game 4 years ago after playing off and on for a couple months during the betas.  It didn't change much since then either, when they fooled me into reinstalling last time.   

If you want this kind of gameplay, go play C9.  It's a better game. For a few days.