Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you were King, what justice would you mette out?

Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

If you were a sovereign and you could enforce any penalty you liked, what sort of punishment would you give to:

1)  Gold farmers.

2)  Noob gank0rz.

3)  Account hakk0rz.

4)  Trollers and flame warriors.

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
--Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
--Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

Comments

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099

Quietly exile them to a private server instance with local chat populated with cleverbots.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    Originally posted by Beatnik59

If you were a sovereign and you could enforce any penalty you liked, what sort of punishment would you give to:

1)  Gold farmers.

2)  Noob gank0rz.

3)  Account hakk0rz.

1) Ban. Real money fine for damages to the game and its community.

2) Nothing. n00bs who get ganked are mostly at fault. Stay off the main road, adventure to a new location, and ask for help.

3) Ban. Real money fine for damages to the game.

4) Ban.

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 425

1)  Gold farmers. Death by Gluttony

2)  Noob gank0rz. Fighting noobs bare handed with one leg and naked for eternity

3)  Account hakk0rz. cut off there hand and feet

4)  Trollers and flame warriors. Death

• AxehandleAxehandle Member Posts: 147

1)  Gold farmers.

2)  Noob gank0rz.

3)  Account hakk0rz.

1) Capture them and force them to give me all the profits

2) buy them a Klondike and swiftly kick them it the balls as they are about to eat it

3) smash their skull with a hammer then hide the body

4) make them watch the complete series of jersey shore.

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856

I sometimes fantasize about having the money to and then building my own dream MMORPG. And in this MMORPG is contained a revolution in anti cheat software.

The players get a general warning before the game is released, but of course the cheaters ignore it and think that it will just be business as usual. But then a week later, BAAM! Thousands of them get the boot. And have just lost their $60 box fee. Yet the game is so good they decide to pay up once again, and (hopefully) live their online lives from thence forward as honest citizens.

It would be massive lulz. Oh well...

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Incognito GM's who have the power to grief them out of the game.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904

Deny/ban proxy connections/accounts, have a team of actual human GM's weeding them out, not some easily worked around software algorithm and all the issues will be 99% eradicated permanently. 

Why no developer does this I cant understand.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

1)  Gold farmers. - I would give away their accounts, and let other people play them, until they managed to prove they actually owned the account.

2)  Noob gank0rz.  -  LAG. If you kill someone over  10 levels lower than you your server latency increases 1 second per level disparity at the latency increase lasts 1 hour per level of disparity.  

3)  Account hakk0rz. - give them crabs, and keep them in a straight jacket for two weeks.

4)  Trollers and flame warriors. - anytime they attempt to log in to a game I play, they log into TSW instead.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by eyelolled

1)  Gold farmers. - I would give away their accounts, and let other people play them, until they managed to prove they actually owned the account.

2)  Noob gank0rz.  -  LAG. If you kill someone over  10 levels lower than you your server latency increases 1 second per level disparity at the latency increase lasts 1 hour per level of disparity.  

3)  Account hakk0rz. - give them crabs, and keep them in a straight jacket for two weeks.

4)  Trollers and flame warriors. - anytime they attempt to log in to a game I play, they log into TSW instead.

i'd change 4. to modifying their xfire or whatever profile to show that their main game is hello kitty online. image

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

1)  Gold farmers.

2)  Noob gank0rz.

3)  Account hakk0rz.

To be read with a large dose of irony...

1) Nothing - I feel sorry for anyone in a Chinese prison frankly.

2) Invite them down the pub on their own, get 12 guys to stomp on them until they go to hospital than camp the A&E exit and repeat every time they come out until they stop playing MMOs altogether.

3) Tell their social workers or parole officers, and if I can't find either of those, I suppose I would settle for their alcoholic crackhead mothers - might trigger a good beating at least!

4) Revise my estimation of the average IQ of the human race downwards by one 7 billionth using a 70 IQ benchmark against an average of 100 for each new troll/flamer encountered.

• fonoifonoi Member UncommonPosts: 56
    1)  Gold farmers. Make them farm gold for me.
    2)  Noob gank0rz. Enlist them in my army.
    3)  Account hakk0rz. Have them spawn in the middle of my army camps.
    4)  Trollers and flame warriors. Hang them outside my city as a warning to others.
  • CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Prince William Windsor Duke Of Cambridge aire to the British throne here, I'll let you know when I get the job.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    I'm not sure I'd focus on the same groups of players, if any at all, though I think it's worth mentioning that the gold selling and buying problem is about as out of hand to me as the F2P problem (that is to say, really fucking out of hand). If I were King of the MMO Nation, I'd start putting suits on the cutting block and replacing them with passionate developers, people who have vision and experience related to creating better art. This whole genre went from bad to worse the moment the emphasis turned from making good games to becoming profitable, which in a perfect world would not be individually exclusive.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)