Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Bad review? Give me a good review! >=|" and here we go!

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Originally posted by FastSloth

So much for that. XD

Seems onrpg.com pays attention to its credibility.

What did I miss?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

So much for that. XD

What did I miss?

Nothing basically. I just decided that it was time to call this another dead shot? Don't you think? :|

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

So much for that. XD

What did I miss?

Nothing basically. I just decided that it was time to call this another dead shot? Don't you think? :|

I do. The potential writer clearly had an agenda and his boss was emailed with links to his post(s) on the MOFO.

It doesnt take this long to crank out propaganda and since there is no article, I too think its dead in the water. There was clearly a conflict of interests and onrpg didnt want the bad PR which was certainly going to come had this article been released.

-Good for them.

• MeGaTronPowerMeGaTronPower Member Posts: 80
    So the question is how much is henrick is paying you for the review?
  • xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

I'm a previous player and previous WSX member also. Here's my review...

The game's concept is awesome, but executed poorly. If you have never played Mortal I would recommend to just for the experience.  You may enjoy it for some time but will probably end up becoming frusterated because of bugs or things SV continues to ignore. 

Concept= 10 

Execution of Concept=3 or 4

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    Originally posted by xDayx

I'm a previous player and previous WSX member also. Here's my review...

The game's concept is awesome, but executed poorly. If you have never played Mortal I would recommend to just for the experience.  You may enjoy it for some time but will probably end up becoming frusterated because of bugs or things SV continues to ignore. 

Concept= 10 

Execution of Concept=3 or 4

exactly.

i give SV and Herink incredible credit for coming up with the concept and vision for this game. IF this game had had talented programmers it would been an awesome game.

sadly they did not have the execution down, they did not have programmers, they did not have money or talented coders.... and never did more then rubber band/duct tape crap together. So this game plays like a piece of crap.

still as a concept it's been one of the most exciting things in the last 4/5 years.  

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    Originally posted by Hancakes

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/i-will-be-reviewing-mortal-online-on-behalf-of-onrpg-com.79736/

"I doubt anyone knows or remembers me, but I played Mortal Online with Kingdom of Wessex. [...] Anyways, I am a game Journalist for OnRPG.com and [...] I just thought I would warn the community and hopefully get a guild to play with lined up before I actually start playing."

What a coincidence. Finally a reviewer who's going to play MO "the way it's meant to be played" just after an article with at best mediocre amounts of praise for MO on massively.com.

Btw "Next patch is supposed to fix some of the issues with the current AI." XDD

Looks like our "reviewer" is now helping SV advertise their "charity drive". LOL 

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/new-dev-blog-from-paratus.80051/

Priceless!!! imageimage

not really what i see, he makes a thread on the MO forums about the MO donations so players can psot thier opinions of it. I dont see him helping sv by advertising their donations. For him to be doing that he would have to make a post on a site not accociated with the game. So hold off on the dnacing bananas until he does.

I do however suspect him of being a mod or gm.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• argiropargirop Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by deathshroud

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/i-will-be-reviewing-mortal-online-on-behalf-of-onrpg-com.79736/

"I doubt anyone knows or remembers me, but I played Mortal Online with Kingdom of Wessex. [...] Anyways, I am a game Journalist for OnRPG.com and [...] I just thought I would warn the community and hopefully get a guild to play with lined up before I actually start playing."

What a coincidence. Finally a reviewer who's going to play MO "the way it's meant to be played" just after an article with at best mediocre amounts of praise for MO on massively.com.

Btw "Next patch is supposed to fix some of the issues with the current AI." XDD

Looks like our "reviewer" is now helping SV advertise their "charity drive". LOL 

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/new-dev-blog-from-paratus.80051/

Priceless!!! imageimage

not really what i see, he makes a thread on the MO forums about the MO donations so players can psot thier opinions of it. I dont see him helping sv by advertising their donations. For him to be doing that he would have to make a post on a site not accociated with the game. So hold off on the dnacing bananas until he does.

I do however suspect him of being a mod or gm.

He wasnt a mod or a gm back in the days of TC patch. He stoped playing shortly cause of bugs and now he is back cause Awakening made the game awesome.

• RilmanRilman Member CommonPosts: 35
    Awesome? I think you mean EMPTY and Broken.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712
    Originally posted by Rilman

Yeah i said the games concept is awesome. I dont think anyone here can dispute that. In other words on paper it sounds great. Dont argue just to argue... We all know henrick failed. Life goes on.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    holy necro posts batman... this thread/topic is old and dead O_o 
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Ichmen
    holy necro posts batman... this thread/topic is old and dead O_o 

Umm....The fan based "review"  highlighted in this post came our yesterday.

"Editor’s Note: This review was actually completed 2 weeks prior to the announcement that Mortal Online was going F2P. As such there is no mention of it."

Funny, most of the "review" was done before  he even said he was writing a "review". Guess they just recycle the same old script.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366
    the review is generous to say the least..

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67

Agree with you. IMO, biased and uncritical reviews will make more damage than good to MO. It would only confirm other rage posts on these forums and cause greater dissapointments. Still, have to wait for part 2 of review.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Yeah i said the games concept is awesome. I dont think anyone here can dispute that. In other words on paper it sounds great. Dont argue just to argue... We all know henrick failed. Life goes on.

On paper ANY game can sound awesome. Anyone can come up with a good idea. It is how the idea is executed that means anything. So the fact they executed the idea so badly is why the game is dead.

• ZeerahaZeeraha Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

On paper ANY game can sound awesome. Anyone can come up with a good idea. It is how the idea is executed that means anything. So the fact they executed the idea so badly is why the game is dead.

It seems SV revealed and promised way too much during the launch, instead of presenting ground concept of game being hardcore PvP and promisning polishing of current released features. Concept of game is "We have game that can make your every hardcore sandbox dream cometrue", but it should have never been revealed in that way. It should have been more "We are going towards hardcore sanbox dream cometrue, but we have these basic, but for MOO unique, sandbox features which we shall polish during development". Dissapointment would be far less, and development far more focused. And when new features and content is released, effect would be more asstonishing and surprise element would benefict the players feelings toward game.

Currently, players anticipate features promised long time ago and unfortunately leave when patience treshold is stepped over.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

Looks more like an ad piece than an actual review. The guy basically lists MO's features and says they're all awesome. Then he throws in some irrelevant "negative" stuff like strecthed textures, so that he'll look less of a fanboy. Can't say it helps though since he don't mention any of MO's core issues - like the multiple gamebreaking bugs, the rampant duping and exploiting, and the corrupt GMs.

In the commentary section he even admits that he loves the game for crying out loud. Not very unbiased.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Are they censoring the comments or none really bothers calling him out?

I think must of us knew how this "review" would turn out back in October,

Its not surprising given this hacks contributions to Starvault

-Stayed up all night to be one of the first to pre-order the game. I miss those nights in IRC pre-beta/pre-order
    -Played since Beta Block A
    -I have always been an Anti-PK
    -Helped a lot of newbies in my time.
    -I put out some Mortal videos on youtube (youtube.com/ApocaRUFF)
    -I post about the game in many other forums
    -I write reviews on Mortal, and often compare it to other sandboxes and other MMO's to make sure people understand what the game is really about
    -I make sure everyone I know is aware of every Mortal update as soon as I can, which is often right after they go up.
    -I participate in events whenever I can, especially PvE type events. In PvP events I usually act as a spectator, sometimes recording it (usually for private use, so you wont find most of my PvP videos on my channel as they
    are unlisted).

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5352307#5352307

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Yeah... Shame on him for liking the game!!! This can´t be true!!! He is bought by SV!!! etc. Or maybe he just likes it. You know. There ARE people out there. That don´t hang here hating MO 24/7 that ACTUALLY DOES like it. I know. Crazy right. But let´s wait for part 2. So all you out there. You know who you are. Get rdy to sharpen those knives...
    Originally posted by Lahuzer
    Yeah... Shame on him for liking the game!!! This can´t be true!!! He is bought by SV!!! etc. Or maybe he just likes it. You know. There ARE people out there. That don´t hang here hating MO 24/7 that ACTUALLY DOES like it. I know. Crazy right. But let´s wait for part 2. So all you out there. You know who you are. Get rdy to sharpen those knives...

A review is supposed to be done by someone with a neutral perspective when starting the review.  This was an advertorial piece, not a review. I mean, even members of the Focus Group for SV are saying he went overboard on the love.  Let's see what the second part contains though.  He claimed to be more realistic there. 

As Hancakes pointed out, the guy openly posted in the "What have you done for Mortal Online" thread listing all the things he had done (review writing is one of them) to "help promote the game".   When you are trying to promote the game you are not "reviewing it" you are advertising for it.  There is quite a difference.

A review is supposed to be done by someone with a neutral perspective when starting the review.  This was an advertorial piece, not a review. I mean, even members of the Focus Group for SV are saying he went overboard on the love.  Let's see what the second part contains though.  He claimed to be more realistic there. 

As Hancakes pointed out, the guy openly posted in the "What have you done for Mortal Online" thread listing all the things he had done (review writing is one of them) to "help promote the game".   When you are trying to promote the game you are not "reviewing it" you are advertising for it.  There is quite a difference.

He is doing it for ONRPG. I don´t think they would approve of him advertising MO there. Go there and call him out, and we´ll see if they fire him or let someone else review it. I think you´ll be disapointed though. It´s funny that as soon as someone likes MO, there MUST be a hidden agenda. I love you all.

And thank GOD they actually have a guy that likes sandboxes that reviews it. I thought it was a good first part. He brought out what MOs is all about, and also brought out some things that aren´t so good. And I reckon he will continue doing this. But to some here, if someone says ANYTHING good about MO, the same old song gets played on MOs forum here. And that song is as boring as a Justin Bieber song by now... :P

Also Slappy. R u enjoying GW2 still?

Edit. And it´s funny to see the guy having to defend him for posting thousands of times on MO forums. But he apperantly have done thousands of post on DF forum as well etc. Just goes to show that he is a true sandbox player, and is the right person to review it.

It´s funny that as soon as someone likes MO, there MUST be a hidden agenda.

Theres nothing hidden about his agenda, it's pretty obvious.  MO was given a bad review by Massiveley, so they find a good "review".  Which just bhappens to be written by one of the biggest MO supporters. He said most of the review was finished before he even started playing again after Awakening. image

It´s funny that as soon as someone likes MO, there MUST be a hidden agenda.

Theres nothing hidden about his agenda, it's pretty obvious.  MO was given a bad review by Massiveley, so they find a good "review".  Which just bhappens to be written by one of the biggest MO supporters. He said most of the review was finished before he even started playing again after Awakening. image

Let me quote him: "I post on forums a lot. I have over a thousand post on the Darkfall forums, over two thousand on OnRPG, and nearly 300 on Greed Monger forums. And those are just the forums I am most recently active in. There are even more games from the past that I was active in, such as SWG, Planetside, now Planetside 2. In my guilds private forums I have a lot more than all those combined, and I am part of several guilds for different games".

He apperantly is a big "supporter" of ALOT of games and sites. Not only MO like you wanna make everyone think. And since he likes sandbox games (MO, DF, Greed Monger) he seems well suited to review it. And to quote him even more. In his review he writes for instance:

"No one can claim that Mortal Online has a shortage of features. Dozens of them currently in and dozens more planned for the future. In this area, I feel that StarVault has gone above-and-beyond and I have got to congratulate them on giving their players so much to do, no matter how buggy most of it can be".

He does something that I know some of you can´t do. See the game that is behind all the bugs. I know, I run into them as well. But even so, the game is rly fun to play. I think he is spot on. He doesn´t suger coat it as much as you wanna make it sound. End it with a Hancakes classic: image