Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS2 full of hacking. SOE takes down leaderboards to cover it up!

124»

Comments

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Encountered a two people using aimbots tonight.  They were able to take and hold bases without a problem.    We had upwards of 25 people and we could not take them.   I just gave up for tonight.    They were reported, but I doubt that anything will happen.    Oh well.    Back to playing Skyrim.  ^_^
  • JedicowboyJedicowboy Member UncommonPosts: 140
    Originally posted by NorseGod
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

Scripters aren't runnin amock in the game, you know. Some might run into one occasionally, I have yet to though.

So I can't help but laugh at all this. Suit yourselves :).

Should they be permabanned when caught?

of course you should be permabanned if your caught cheating, it just shows how pathetic these people are. I mean really you got to cheat at a freaking video game, just shows how much a coward they are in real life.

• BeanpuieBeanpuie Member UncommonPosts: 812

Nothing new to me,  was no different than how it was with the first planetside

Reporting does work, and they are gathering data on those who cheat- all the script kiddies are doing is giving them what they want while they themselves can careless if they get caught or not.

While i understand many are upset that SOE is not working fast enough to get rid of the hackers,  since while many DO get banned, many more just take their place via alts and so on.

Its really up to the community to really be proactive in not only continuing to report cheaters, but also exclude them away from joining any outfits.

cant say i wont be going anywhere, maybe soul calibur V, but thats it.   im sticking with PS2 for the long haul.

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by Agricola1

So I love this game and want to see it cleaned up but SOE is living in denial right now, I know people (friends) who use the aimbot hack and have used it since launch. They're still playing the game unmolested by SOE, they get so many certs there's no point in buying premium!

I'd love SOE to give us all a Christmas present and ban the hacks, including my friends who I don't play PS2 with because the game is just boring when hackers are using ESP to scout the enemy. The only good part was that he could see others using ESP to track him through walls and hills, I've been told by aimboters that they estimate there's about 75% of the players using the aimbot.

[mod edit]

I'm still playing but alot less than before since playing against cheaters ain't much fun,

Agricola

The leaderboards were broken and weren't showing accurate K/D, that's why they took them down.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Teala
    Encountered a two people using aimbots tonight.  They were able to take and hold bases without a problem.    We had upwards of 25 people and we could not take them.   I just gave up for tonight.    They were reported, but I doubt that anything will happen.    Oh well.    Back to playing Skyrim.  ^_^

Even if they are aimboting that is quite an un-trustworthly statement that you've put out, because in Planetside 2 there are tanks and air, both of which can easy flushed out those 2 stragglers and they won't be able to do a thing. 1 guy in your squad with MAX armor would probably ben enough to tank their damage and finish them off.

It is simply not possible. I've never seen 2 people ever held out 2 squads (around 20 something men).

You must be thinking of some other games, like APB, lol.

• fadisfadis Member Posts: 469

If anyone is letting hacking stop them from playing... they are just being silly, stubborn, or ignorant.

I've played this game a LOT over the first 3 weeks... run into 3 instances of obvious cheating - 2 in one morning...  It's a fantastic game - a possible GotY and certainly a leading contender for best MMO-type game of 2012.

If you haven't tried PS2, you're just missing out.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    All mmos have cheating scumbags even pve orientated tab Target ones.

Look at all the teleport into dungeon & boss farm on a hunter hacks in wow.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Also 75% Is bullshit, but is exactly the sort of thing "a friend" says to self justify their cheating. Hopefully "a friend" will be ip blocked soon.
  • GigachipGigachip Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Well this makes sense. Also explains why yesterday I kept getting killed by the same guy. Instantly after exiting a safe area, bullets flew my direction. But to say a lot of it is going around, I wouldn't think so. Same time yesterday he was the only one that looked like suspected aimbot. No where to be seen, but always get killed by him.
  • ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Its not new.

Link

• dikkydikky Member CommonPosts: 261

lold pretty good at this.. if you even mention the hacking problem in ps2 at PSU you'll get a ban

http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?t=51016

• EnerzealEnerzeal Member Posts: 326
    Guys seriously you need to stop this, you're just bad - I've got about a good week in so far, not seen a single hacker on my server, not one.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Kinda silly, specially since they basically made a response back about hackers, to the point one of the head haunchos in charge of the game basically said they will hunt down the hackers and their family, which btw was hilarious reading that. 
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

Ignoring the bickering and tolling, the OP does have a correct statement.  The leaderboards showed obvious hackers, and was down (but is now back up without those people)

I think on mattherson there was a few obvious hackers, it wasnt like the first 50 or 100 top scores were obvious hackers, even the top 10 didnt have all hackers, just a few.

These were the people with the 9000 to 1 kill death ratios.