Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Congratulations EA

I want to thank EA for the absolute and complete corruption of Bioware. I want to thank the Lord of Greed for his everlasting and unforgiving influence on the only human beings that seemed to understand what made really great RPGs. Let me bow to you, oh almighty God of Profit as you continually show us how pathetic we who supported the Bioware that created our masterpiece that used against us!

I fucking hate EA and the fact that EA has consumed Bioware reinforces the undeniably fact that we live in a godless, soul-less, and merci-less universe. Could God prove me wrong by annihilating both EA and Activision? Only *GAMERS* would know and benefit. I hate this world and wish only death and destruciton on everyone until my *fantasy* becomes reality.

Comments

• CrydexCrydex Member CommonPosts: 23
    The whole "congratulations" part was a ploy to get me to read your thread.  I see what you did there.
  • uncleFesteruncleFester Member Posts: 38
    You read my thread for the same reason I wrote, buddy. I didn't "do" anything...
  • vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418
    While agree EA is the last name I wanna see on a Game title I think the whole "die and burn in a fire" thing just isnt going to end well for you.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

EA isn't the worst company in the world though.

If you want a much worse example just look at...

well...

hmm.

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418

^^this

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

Yeah for me the game failed to deliver...i see it going the way of E&B. Kinda sad both Star Wars MMOs failed so bad. I doubt any developer will touch the ip, (beyond simple games) ever again.          

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• uncleFesteruncleFester Member Posts: 38

I guess I forgot to mention, but this "revelation" hit me after I logged back in to SWTOR after maybe a year and not a damn thing was improved. Free to play is one thing, but to shamelessly exploit a terrbile game like this just shits all over the Bioware name that we all used to trust.

I know Bioware doesn't care about the PC gamers that it owes it's existance to, just like the CoD people don't , but at least stop shoving shit in our and treating us like your console saviours. PC gamers want more than 100 million dollar ad campaigns, we actually expect good games. Oh forget it, PC gaming is dead and so is my career. Off I go to Geek Squad for minimum wage explotation of soccer moms. :)

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240

Hate hurts you and doesn't affect EA at all.  Yes, EA has its problems, but they also have their strenths; and, while SWTOR isn't perfect, it's still a good game and we owe some thanks to EA for that.

To say that EA doesn't care for gamers is misguided at best, and stupid at worse. No business that understands the value of customers doesn't hate them. EA is learning and isn't perfect, but I believe in it.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    *Blizzard Nods head*

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by uncleFester
    oh almighty God of Profit

That would imply people continually buy from the company you despise?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262
    Originally posted by Ahnog

Hate hurts you and doesn't affect EA at all.  Yes, EA has its problems, but they also have their strenths; and, while SWTOR isn't perfect, it's still a good game and we owe some thanks to EA for that.

To say that EA doesn't care for gamers is misguided at best, and stupid at worse. No business that understands the value of customers doesn't hate them. EA is learning and isn't perfect, but I believe in it.

You seem to be new around here...

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

I guess you haven't been around that long too see EA track record.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

cool kid on the EA hate train?

Bioware wrote the wowclone  game design, Bioware employee decided on the Unfinished Hero Engine.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1070748-President-and-COO-of-HeroEngine-comments-on-SWTOR-coding!

BW led EA into believing they could actually make a great a MMO.

The blame on everything SWTOR goes entirely to this poorly managed company.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Torgrim

I guess you haven't been around that long too see EA track record.

EA is a plague..  I don't like seeing people lose their jobs but I want this company to die. You have to think about the greater good ;)

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by kadepsyson

EA isn't the worst company in the world though.

If you want a much worse example just look at...

well...

hmm.

hint....Star Wars Galaxies?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Compared to the Electronic Arts I grew up with, the current incarnation seems to be lacking in the care for gamers department.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Ea are like a poo fingered midas
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Crydex

The whole "congratulations" part was a ploy to get me to read your thread.  I see what you did there.

Yeah, I thought it will be a thread about EA, instead it's about OP...

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

No business that understands the value of customers doesn't hate them. EA is learning and isn't perfect, but I believe in it.

EA doesnt understand thier customers.

They havent learned over the several years and multiple games theyve killed. All they do is throw money at crap then sell it. They dont CREATE new games, they just copy existing ones (poorly) and expect it to sell just as much. I hope EA dies in a fire too.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697

Yes, damn you EA for giving Bioware $200M and 5 years of development. How could you.

Also, the doctors were probably coerced to take $850M from EA and sell the company. Poor them.

OP, I liked some of their games, but to get some facts straight, this chart should prove you that BW are not storytelling gods, as many think.

http://www.gatheryourparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/BioWare20Cliche20Chart.png

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by DeniZg

Yes, damn you EA for giving Bioware $200M and 5 years of development. How could you.

Also, the doctors were probably coerced to take $850M from EA and sell the company. Poor them.

OP, I liked some of their games, but to get some facts straight, this chart should prove you that BW are not storytelling gods, as many think.

http://www.gatheryourparty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/BioWare20Cliche20Chart.png

I agree. People have very short memory spans - hate does that.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

These post are getting more and more like children crying in a candy store cause they can't get exactly what they want. I've played the game.. it's pretty good and has some strong points. It's not my favorite game, but I can't honestly sit here and entertain the thought that EA set out with malicous intent to shit on gamers. You have to be a special kind of person to think that way.

+1 for throwing an online temper tantrum through... that ALWAYS works out. 

• hockey98hockey98 Member Posts: 26
    How in the world does MMORPG.COM allow these little babies to rant on and on.
  • WabbaWayWabbaWay Member Posts: 101
    Gratz on most pointless topic of the day.

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by uncleFester

I want to thank EA for the absolute and complete corruption of Bioware. I want to thank the Lord of Greed for his everlasting and unforgiving influence on the only human beings that seemed to understand what made really great RPGs. Let me bow to you, oh almighty God of Profit as you continually show us how pathetic we who supported the Bioware that created our masterpiece that used against us! I fucking hate EA and the fact that EA has consumed Bioware reinforces the undeniably fact that we live in a godless, soul-less, and merci-less universe. Could God prove me wrong by annihilating both EA and Activision? Only *GAMERS* would know and benefit. I hate this world and wish only death and destruciton on everyone until my *fantasy* becomes reality.

Bioware corrupted themselves long before EA came on the seen. It was Bioware who chose the hero engine long before they jumped into bed with EA.

Anyone who still thinks Bioware are the innocent party are delusional. Check out the dates when Bioware acquired the hero engine and when they joined up with EA, it was a few years later.

This discussion has been closed.