Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO up for pre-order on gamestop.com

On Gamestop's site, The Elder Scrolls Online is up for pre-orders for $60. What do you think of it? Will it just be 60 bucks to buy the game then free from there on out, or will it have a subscription fee?

Comments

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Gonna guess sub fee, I wouldn't buy TESO if I were you though even if no sub.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• coltonjeffersoncoltonjefferson Member Posts: 33
    Well I think I might. I'm waiting to see how it plays out for a bit, then decide closer to launch. So far it looks like it's turning out pretty well.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    I think there are enough people in the ES community that they will try for subscription based, but eventually will move on to F2P as a lot of other "AAA" games have.
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Like the KOTOR community tried SWTOR, the ES community will try TESO.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    From what I've read, TESO isn't that much different from SWTOR. I won't be surprised if it ends up being another post-WoW disappointment.
  • YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by mmoDAD
    From what I've read, TESO isn't that much different from SWTOR. I won't be surprised if it ends up being another post-WoW disappointment.

oh god please no, I can't swallow another TOR experience, that game traumatized me.

Seriously, there is no freakin' way that TESO can be THAT bad. This is almost impossible.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I love ES,but im in no way falling for this one..

not until i KNOW for a fact that its good.

• OutisOutis Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by tank017

I love ES,but im in no way falling for this one..

not until i KNOW for a fact that its good.

+1

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    They are going to have a lot fo competition in the coming year. The Elder Scrolls brand can only carry it so far.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    I hope very few people pre-order. The community needs to show they can't just shovel garbage our way and we will eat it up.
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    I have been burned by too many MMO preorders in the last couple of years to even think about picking this game up early. It's just not worth the risk and I want to see what folks write after the early release hype is flushed by real hands on play. A big price drop after that might lead me to try it but... IDK.  MMO's aren't what they used to be and STEAM will have something on sale.
  • ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    The director of TSOL was one of the creator/founders of DAOC.  So...I'm optomistic.
  • dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

If the game is anything but B2P, I will not be playing it.

The subscription model is restrictive and obstructive, and perhaps the biggest con this side of the 2008 financial crisis.

Developers have proven that they cannot be trusted to create or operate reasonable F2P models without branching into the P2W arena.

As a long term MMO gamer, and a staunch critic of the genre as a whole, I sincerely hope that TESO takes a note out of ArenaNet's book and helps to break open the genre with a B2P payment model.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    The elder scrolls ip is popular for the gameplay.. not for the ip itself. Most people that play the ES games have no idea about the lore or even the actual story, nor do they care about them.. both which are average at best anyway. Without the gameplay I'm not confident the ip will be worth it's salt. Just gotta wait and see I suppose. I won't be buying until I've tried it.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • industrial20industrial20 Member Posts: 5
    hmmm
  • Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

I have significant hopes for TESO, but no expectations.

A proof of the pudding situation - but at least this dessert looks like it's my favourite flavours.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Pre-ordering from Game Stop this early seems like a bad idea. If I were you, and truly enthusiastic about TES:O, I'd wait a bit longer to see if they plan to release different ordering packages.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

It'll probably have a sub fee and there's no way I'm pre-ordering this, especially considering all the false promises usually involved in TES marketing.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    I'm gonna wait til 1 month after release and see how much flak the game got then deside if I wanna buy it or not.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Originally posted by madazz
    I hope very few people pre-order. The community needs to show they can't just shovel garbage our way and we will eat it up.

Have you played TESO?

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Have you played TESO?

Generally, pre-ordering or buying games you don't know much about shows the publisher they can do anything they please as long as an IP is good. Reference: Diablo 3 vs. Torchlight 2.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by coltonjefferson
    On Gamestop's site, The Elder Scrolls Online is up for pre-orders for $60. What do you think of it? Will it just be 60 bucks to buy the game then free from there on out, or will it have a subscription fee?

I think it's going to take another few years of AAA subscription-based MMO flops for the message to get through that every new MMO should either be B2P or F2P. This one will be subscription at release with a F2P option added by the end of its first year. I won't be playing.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

oh if this game has a sub i think ill be paying more attention to it..

Have they confirmed anything yet? all these so called f2p games with millions of micro transactions are annoying as hell.. I really hope it does have a sub..

Originally posted by Scalpless
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Have you played TESO?

Generally, pre-ordering or buying games you don't know much about shows the publisher they can do anything they please as long as an IP is good. Reference: Diablo 3 vs. Torchlight 2.

That is true what you say but he sead TESO is garbage so he clearly have played TESO.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    The only thing ESO has in common with Daggerfall/Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim is the setting and lore. As someone else pointed out, only a select group of players recall or know much about the lore in general. The MMO (so far) is shaping up to be more of the same, without any of the features/draw that the single player titles have.