Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Explain Twitter to me

expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
Seriously I have no idea how it works - hask tags @';s what! wut! Waa!

Comments

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Same, I have a hard time understanding how it works.

I think everyone has a Twitter account, and you post stuff on your page, someone can reply, that's when you see the @ symbol. And you can also "retweet", I think that's like "liking" a comment, and then that comment goes on your page.

I *think* that is how it works. I don't know what the # symbol is about though.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    It's where self important people post inane details of their life thinking somebody else out there actually cares.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

According to the twitter website :

Definition: The # symbol, called a hashtag, is used to mark keywords or topics in a Tweet. It was created organically by Twitter users as a way to categorize messages.

And this is for the @ stuff.

And this is the dead or alive butt battle.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• I don't totally understand it myself. From what I've gathered, someone reaches a level of notoriety and creates an account. They then get thousands of stalkers to follow that account, but it's okay because they gave consent to get stalked. Next they send updates to this account so their stalkers know about their activities and bowel movements, taking great care to abuse grammar and spelling as much as possible. Finally, they post an update insulting another famous person who has displeased them, and the stalkers from the first go to war with the stalkers from the second.

Eventually you get street brawls in Chinatown, where people in red turbans fight people in yellow turbans with fists/knives/pistols/machetes. This goes on for several hours until three guys in big hats appear to fly around on wires and cut everyone to ribbons, and James Hong shoots light out of his mouth and steals Kurt Russell's truck. There's also a six-demon bag, it holds explosives and hashtags or something.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Umm..Maybe you misheard? Im pretty sure it was Hash bags and Bongs.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• BathnorBathnor Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Here is my 2cp on Twitter. The page is called Twitter, but the posts are called tweets. I think that because the page is called Twitter the posts should be called twits!! >:)
  • pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Originally posted by Sawtooth

I don't totally understand it myself. From what I've gathered, someone reaches a level of notoriety and creates an account. They then get thousands of stalkers to follow that account, but it's okay because they gave consent to get stalked. Next they send updates to this account so their stalkers know about their activities and bowel movements, taking great care to abuse grammar and spelling as much as possible. Finally, they post an update insulting another famous person who has displeased them, and the stalkers from the first go to war with the stalkers from the second.

Eventually you get street brawls in Chinatown, where people in red turbans fight people in yellow turbans with fists/knives/pistols/machetes. This goes on for several hours until three guys in big hats appear to fly around on wires and cut everyone to ribbons, and James Hong shoots light out of his mouth and steals Kurt Russell's truck. There's also a six-demon bag, it holds explosives and hashtags or something.

If there was a way to give you a thumbs up or a like or something for this, I totally would.

Originally posted by Bathnor
    Here is my 2cp on Twitter. The page is called Twitter, but the posts are called tweets. I think that because the page is called Twitter the posts should be called twits!! >:)

And the people who post twits, well, it has an "a" in it, but I'd probably get yelled at for actually saying it.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• Abuz0rAbuz0r Member UncommonPosts: 550
    It's a place where people can tell other people what they're doing because they think they're important and that other people care.