Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

#1 MMORPG of all Time!

RasereiRaserei webster, MAPosts: 1,011Member
My prediction is that this game will be the #1 MMORPG of all time. Cya in AGON!

Comments

• TalgenTalgen Reading, PAPosts: 400Member
    And 15 days till the end of the world... predictions are awesome..
  • XxGrimmxXXxGrimmxX texarkana, TXPosts: 223Member
    I predict that an ancient race of cats will rise from a hole in the ground somewhre around South Carolina and overtake the human race sometime in the future. Notice how I honestly can't be wrong? Predictions are fun.
  • MadnessRealmMadnessRealm Montreal, QCPosts: 2,716Member Uncommon
    Alright, you can go back to your seat, Kanye.

------
    Your daily dose of common sense since 2009!

• SeronysSeronys Windsor, ONPosts: 43Member
    although others have different ways of measuring success, and some may not agree, but Darkfall is by far my favorite MMO i've ever played.
  • kanechartkanechart Barrie, ONPosts: 630Member Uncommon

There is a lot of good and a lot of bad but overall there will be people who love this MMORPG and will be their #1 MMORPG. I can't give it that title and I might be able to down the road but some my first MMORPG's will always take that title. I think a lot of people would agree on that and that is why its been hard for so many to get into new MMORPG's.

Thankfully though this one sets a lot of simlar rules as the old ones I use to love so for me this might end up being one the best. Time only tells and it all depends on the person.

Check out Stardale http://stardale.net
    Inspired by Minecraft procedural generation and Terraria 2D gameplay we go even further with procedural generated space and exploration. Start with almost nothing and work your way to launching rockets, satellites and even yourself into space, where a whole new set of adventures awaits you!

• HancakesHancakes flint, MIPosts: 1,045Member
    Originally posted by Seronys
    although others have different ways of measuring success, and some may not agree, but Darkfall is by far my favorite MMO iv'e ever played.

You must be new :)

• kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member

To me this already is the #1 MMO of all time.

#1 of MMOs named Darkfall: Unholy Wars, that is.

If you were referring to things that measure success or viability, such as subscribers, profits, longevity plans, and track record of quality... well then it clearly can't be #1.

El Psy Congroo

• OnomasOnomas Rock Hill, SCPosts: 1,128Member Uncommon

Too many unanswered questions, not enough intel, hardly any videos on the game........... pretty high hype sensation there.

So far we know it lacks pve, no indepth crafting, housing (?), but its labeled as a sandbox. PVP doesnt make a sandbox the freedom to do what you want when you want does.

Still on the fence for this one. Ill wait a week or two after launch.

• RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,090Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Onomas

Too many unanswered questions, not enough intel, hardly any videos on the game........... pretty high hype sensation there.

So far we know it lacks pve, no indepth crafting, housing (?), but its labeled as a sandbox. PVP doesnt make a sandbox the freedom to do what you want when you want does.

it has pve LOL and there trying to make it more worth it to pve too crafting is the samfe as df BUT with some changes it has more housing plots than the first one so get your facts straight. and i thought darkfalls crafting system was ok i hope they improve on it

• tank017tank017 Glendale, CAPosts: 2,192Member

ehhhhhhh

/facepalm

Originally posted by Raxeon

it has pve LOL and there trying to make it more worth it to pve too crafting is the samfe as df BUT with some changes it has more housing plots than the first one so get your facts straight. and i thought darkfalls crafting system was ok i hope they improve on it

[mod edit]

Post some links of this information. Be a community player and help the community [mod edit].

I see posts saying no pve, just a pvp game. See people saying the crafting is lacking. Thats why the (?) was there. Because i dont have my facts straight because there isnt a lot of intel. So instead of jumping down someones throat why dont you do the mature thing and help inform. [mod edit]

• allendale5allendale5 kansas city, MOPosts: 124Member
    I have to admit that I am excited about this game.  I am talking d3 level of excitement :)
  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

Well Darkfall was one of my all time favourite MMORPGs of all time.. lets hope they have not dumbed things down too much in DF:UW..

• syntax42syntax42 Columbus, OHPosts: 1,305Member Uncommon

This will be the most overhyped MMO of all time!

MMOs with less than a week to release usually have hours of gameplay footage, a decent CGI trailer, and tons of screenshots.  What does this one have to prove what they are promising will be delivered?  A few rumors and people who claim to have beta tested it?

OP: You are stuck in their whirlwind of hype.  Prepare to be disappointed...

• karmathkarmath Posts: 829Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by syntax42

MMOs with less than a week to release usually have hours of gameplay footage, a decent CGI trailer, and tons of screenshots.  What does this one have to prove what they are promising will be delivered?  A few rumors and people who claim to have beta tested it?

I dont think there is any massive misconceptions about the game. It's not going to be everyones cup of tea, but for those who liked the original and those who like sandboxes it's going to be great.

• tom_goretom_gore TamperePosts: 1,796Member Uncommon

Well one thing is for sure. I won't be playing on day one, because a) we don't have enough info if the game is any good and b) even if we did, I wouldn't trust that info.

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

I have not really seen any hype... AV have released very little info to hype the game up..

Some people who palyed Darkfall are really looking forward to it and voted it up on the hype meter here but thats not hard to do..

We all know what AV are like and ill be very suprised if its released on the 12th..

• ragz45ragz45 rochester hills, MIPosts: 686Member Uncommon
    Going to be amazed if the game has more than 60000 active subs by feb.  I think just like the original that DF:UW will garner a very very hardcore dedicated following.  But not grow beyond that.
    Originally posted by ragz45
    Going to be amazed if the game has more than 60000 active subs by feb.  I think just like the original that DF:UW will garner a very very hardcore dedicated following.  But not grow beyond that.

I didnt get the chance to try DF1, and I am very intrested in this one. Im a sandbox junkie. Just not a lot of information that is legit and not someones delusional jibberish thinking the game will be one way or another. Plus these DF guys seem pretty rude imageKind of hard to pick up a stronger following of people with low advertizement, information, etc... Why i said i will wait a week or 2. But its a good possibility.

• RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,090Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Raxeon

[mod edit]

Post some links of this information. Be a community player and help the community [mod edit]

I see posts saying no pve, just a pvp game. See people saying the crafting is lacking. Thats why the (?) was there. Because i dont have my facts straight because there isnt a lot of intel. So instead of jumping down someones throat why dont you do the mature thing and help inform. [mod edit]

its scatter all over but i was just correcting you some points no pve is a bs call the first df had pve >< the crafting is ok but i guess we will see wont we

• PhryPhry HampshirePosts: 6,289Member Uncommon
    Given that DF;UW is still an unknown quantity, and has yet to be released, it could end up being #1 for all sorts of reasons, lets hope its not because it was the #1 vapourware game of 2012 image
  • tom_goretom_gore TamperePosts: 1,796Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ragz45

I didnt get the chance to try DF1, and I am very intrested in this one. Im a sandbox junkie. Just not a lot of information that is legit and not someones delusional jibberish thinking the game will be one way or another. Plus these DF guys seem pretty rude imageKind of hard to pick up a stronger following of people with low advertizement, information, etc... Why i said i will wait a week or 2. But its a good possibility.

DF's sandbox has very little toys in it. If you are not into PvP you will not find much to do in DF.

• SysFailSysFail LondonPosts: 375Member

The crafting and pve was okay, you needed many components to crate various items. Certain items would only drop from certain creatures in certain parts of the world and some only during night also.

There was housing, a house being the smallest, a large villa with a tower the biggest i believe, but of course there was also holdings, hamlets and cities both under ownership of clans until conquered of course. 

Here's a couple of links widely used in DF1, one for a crafting spreadsheet and the other showing everything you can think of on the map, mob spawns, dungeons, holdings, items etc etc

YOURMOMMAP(Need to zoom in to see mobs)

CRAFTING SPREADSHEET

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper LondonPosts: 2,751Member

Highly unlikely if you are going to use a quantifiable metric, more than possible if you are speaking in terms of your own subjective opinion.

I'm not sure what people get from trying to bash or big up a game to such a massive extent really. As long as you personally find the game enjoyable, does it matter if it is the second coming or not? Does it matter if it has less than 100k subs or not (so long as it is viable)?

Still it is clear that this franchise will continue to be one the of the most polarising in the genre, with ardent fanbois gibbering hyperbole to the hills and a glut of haters who spend their time on the forums spouting utter nonsense about a game they don't even play.

Personally I enjoyed the original Darkfall for all it's flaws, if this game addresses some of those without losing too much of it's core ethos it will be my prefered mmo of the moment. I'm 99.99% sure that it wont be "teh bestest evah!" or "it's as good as pre tram!", nor have "over9000 million subs". But so what?

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• kanechartkanechart Barrie, ONPosts: 630Member Uncommon

overhyped? Most of us understand this is a patched up Darkfall with some more balance some new features and ideas. To us this is pretty much like a large touch up. This is hype because most of us enjoyed the game before even though its status was poor. This status became even more poor because they stopped doing any big updates because they knew they needed to start over.

So most people here are just excited to be in game again. All the rest is a nice lick on the tip!

Check out Stardale http://stardale.net
    Inspired by Minecraft procedural generation and Terraria 2D gameplay we go even further with procedural generated space and exploration. Start with almost nothing and work your way to launching rockets, satellites and even yourself into space, where a whole new set of adventures awaits you!