Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS2 full of hacking. SOE takes down leaderboards to cover it up!

Comments

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

I don't feel there are a lot of hackers in this game at all - and to be honest even if there are some their chance of surviving a firefight is no bigger than any normal players here since there is no place to camp or hide (unlike games like APB).

You may find a place it safe, until armors and air units found you, lol.

I think because the fact that the role of one individual infantryman is so insignificant in the scheme of things and also that there are so much chaos in the battle that not even hackers can track them all, this game is in much better shape than others even if there are some hackers.

Plus, I'm certain that SOE is doing something.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    Yeah I am playing PS2 very little right now as its clearly being dominated by cheats at the moment.
  • DrevarDrevar Member UncommonPosts: 177
    I agree it needs to be fixed ASAP...however, at the moment I am more likely to die from ESF pod or hover roach HE spam.

"If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it."
    -Luke McKinney, The 7 Biggest Dick Moves in the History of Online Gaming

"In the end, SWG may have been more potential and promise than fulfilled expectation. But I'd rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."
    -Raph Koster

• FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865

Hackers and exploiters plague these games just as much as in real life.  There will always be dicks, douchebags, and sore losers there to shit on your fun.

Give SOE some time they will work out the kinks! 

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by aRtFuLThinG

I don't feel there are a lot of hackers in this game at all - and to be honest even if there are some their chance of surviving a firefight is no bigger than any normal players here since there is no place to camp or hide (unlike games like APB).

I think because the fact that the role of one individual infantryman is so insignificant in the scheme of things and also that there are so much chaos in the battle that not even hackers can track them all, this game is in much better shape than others even if there are some hackers.

Except that they can disconnect their ethernet cables and have exactly 3 minutes to run to safey, a cap point, or behind you and plug the cable back in before being kicked from server.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

I don't hack, yet I'm rocking a 4:1 KDR in total, and rising, even started exclusively as lib pilot which made my KDR low, but after a long session, my stats are usually around 200-250 Kills / 30-40 death.

If 75% of all players were hackers (As mentioned by OP) there would be no way I could have done what I've done.

Now, I'm not saying this specifically to anyone in here, but sometimes you just got to look at your own play and think "How could I have done this or that better", and sometimes it's just pure bad luck.. 

It usually comes down to skill, however it's always easier to blame it on hacks. (We saw the same thing in APB, there were hackers, no doubt about it, but it was far from as rampant as people made it out to be)

Here's a few tips to get kills without getting killed yourself, this might be the boring way to do things, but it helps you get xp / certs faster.

• It's always better to be on the offense. (Offense usually have the upper hand ie. #'s, and they will swarm/camp the spawn room, for easy kills)
    • If in defense, and you're getting camped, re-deploy.
    • If you see an overwhelming force moving towards your base/outpost, re-deploy.
    • If you want to re-deploy, but aren't safe to do so, retreat.
    • Always counter your enemies, don't get too attached to one role, switch when you need to.
    • Check your map, the map will give you a lot of useful information, go to zones where your faction is attacking and outnumbering the enemy factions.

The things listed are the ones I go by, and I do just fine, I don't find myself getting owned repeatedly by hackers, but then again, I usually drive or fly vehicles as an Engi, or play Heavy in situations where I have to be infantry.

(Edit: And also, these are for solo play, if you play in an outfit you could be asked to stand your ground even when outnumbered. /EndEdit)

I like this game a lot, I won't be chased off by cheaters.. But I do hope that SOE will be monitoring and banning those fools.

And if not, then they'll probably leave by themeselves when they get bored, I can't imagine a software that plays a game for you, can be fun for very long.

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261
    Originally posted by PieRad

I don't hack, yet I'm rocking a 4:1 KDR in total, and rising, even started exclusively as lib pilot which made my KDR low, but after a long session, my stats are usually around 200-250 Kills / 30-40 death.

If 75% of all players were hackers (As mentioned by OP) there would be no way I could have done what I've done.

Now, I'm not saying this specifically to anyone in here, but sometimes you just got to look at your own play and think "How could I have done this or that better", and sometimes it's just pure bad luck.. 

It usually comes down to skill, however it's always easier to blame it on hacks. (We saw the same thing in APB, there were hackers, no doubt about it, but it was far from as rampant as people made it out to be)

Here's a few tips to get kills without getting killed yourself, this might be the boring way to do things, but it helps you get xp / certs faster.

• It's always better to be on the offense. (Offense usually have the upper hand ie. #'s, and they will swarm/camp the spawn room, for easy kills)
    • Always counter your enemies, don't get too attached to one role, switch when you need to.
    • Check your map, the map will give you a lot of useful information, go to zones where your faction is attacking and outnumbering the enemy factions.

The things listed are the ones I go by, and I do just fine, I don't find myself getting owned repeatedly by hackers, but then again, I usually drive or fly vehicles as an Engi, or play Heavy in situations where have to be infantry.

I like this game a lot, I won't be chased off by cheaters.. But I do hope that SOE will be monitoring and banning those fools.

And if not, then they'll probably leave by themeselves when they get bored, I can't imagine a software that plays a game for you, can be fun for very long.

That's the problem , you are thinking as a rationonal adult.

Now change it to a lot of 12-15 year olds , off for the holidays for weeks , with broadband and an opportunity to cause grief ? It's unescabable. Considering the free accounts , unlimited free emails and with proxies and ip vpn ease of use , a bored group of 12 year olds with broadband can cause more grief than SOE can stay ahead of , and to them , it will be "fun".

Originally posted by NorseGod

Except that they can disconnect their ethernet cables and have exactly 3 minutes to run to safey, a cap point, or behind you and plug the cable back in before being kicked from server.

I really don't know how come to that conclusion lol... but everytime I got disconnected from server (not very often, maybe only 2 or 3 times) this wasn't the case as far as I've experienced.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Dahkot72
    Originally posted by PieRad

The things listed are the ones I go by, and I do just fine, I don't find myself getting owned repeatedly by hackers, but then again, I usually drive or fly vehicles as an Engi, or play Heavy in situations where have to be infantry.

That's the problem , you are thinking as a rationonal adult.

Now change it to a lot of 12-15 year olds , off for the holidays for weeks , with broadband and an opportunity to cause grief ? It's unescabable. Considering the free accounts , unlimited free emails and with proxies and ip vpn ease of use , a bored group of 12 year olds with broadband can cause more grief than SOE can stay ahead of , and to them , it will be "fun".

I guess, but we cannot expect SOE to ban these people as soon as they buy the software they cheat with, that's impossible, they need to cheat and get caught before they can get banned.

The time in which they are cheating and not caught yet, that's obviously the problem, and that is SOE's job, whether or not they can keep up on that is anyones guess.

Matt Higby broadcast a message the other day on miller server saying something like "We just banned some cheating scumbags on miller", if they really banned some people, again, is anyones guess.. However I do believe that it's in their best interest to keep the game as clean from cheats as they can, since people will leave if it's too rampant..

..If people leave, no SC is sold.

So I really do believe they will try.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

I really don't know how come to that conclusion lol... but everytime I got disconnected from server (not very often, maybe only 2 or 3 times) this wasn't the case as far as I've experienced.

This was also possible back in SWG. The timing was different, but the result was the same.

And what's even funnier was one of the GMs came out and saw how a guy I know was doing it (to some Ahole clone campers, I think), after being reported, and asked how.

After the explanation and a demostration, the GM came to the conclusion that he was not "hacking" the game per se, as he was using no hack, nor using modified game code, a 3rd party program or anything else.

As such, what he was doing was not "illegal" and he didn't even get a ban.

Sad, but true.

Originally posted by Burntvet

This was also possible back in SWG.

And what's even funnier was one of the GMs came out and saw how a guy I know was doing it and asked how.

After the explanation and a demostration, the GM came to the conclusion that he was not "hacking" the game per se, as he was using no hack, nor using modified game code, a 3rd party program or anything else.

As such, what he was doing was not "illegal" and he didn't even get a ban.

Sad, but true.

Interesting if true lol

But I never experienced or seen that myself so couldn't yet form an opinion on that particular aspect.

All I see in PS2 is infantryman almost always got smoked by tanks and air in open fields; and in close quarters and base capture, well, that's often times too much of a clusterfxxk to tell if people were really hacking or if there was just someone I did not see anyways :P

Riiiight.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Haven't even downloaded the game because of this.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395
    75%??? Plz...not even 10%.
    Originally posted by Arclan

Haven't even downloaded the game because of this.

Well, when it gets fixed, you should try it out. It's pretty fun.

Originally posted by LoboMau

Should they be permabanned when they get caught?

• LoboMauLoboMau Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by LoboMau

Should they be permabanned when they get caught?

Absolutelly! U have my vote! :)

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Scripters aren't runnin amock in the game, you know. Some might run into one occasionally, I have yet to though.

So I can't help but laugh at all this. Suit yourselves :).

Originally posted by BizkitNL

Scripters aren't runnin amock in the game, you know. Some might run into one occasionally, I have yet to though.

Should they be permabanned when caught?

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

Should they be permabanned when caught?

I don't see why not?

Problem is, once you go down that road, you'lle have to keep the pace up. F2P and all. So all I can do is enjoy the game and hope for the best :).

• leaf16nutleaf16nut Member UncommonPosts: 39
    hahah, I was like, who plays PS2 anymore... Ooohh, Planetside 2... heh
  • Nsein1Nsein1 Member Posts: 20

I don't think hacking is prevelant, I have seen people blinking due to lag but they kinda sucked. I snipe a lot so I get to watch players as they do what they do from a somewhat safe disctance and I don't see what appears to be a hacker hardly ever. 

I have seen many people who obviously forget that there are people who can and will be behind them drop them like a ton of bricks, I have seen some stuff in the game is OP, like C4 and vanu weapons, but to call people hacks just because they choose to play on easy mode isn't fair.

There is a counter for every situation and I see many people trying to jam square pegs into round holes and vice versa, I could easily imagine those same people crying about hackers here, and as far as anyone's buddy who knows this guy who hacks... I guess that guy's gonna slit his wrists when I drop him with a headshot because he's put so much effort into being elite he can't stand a death where as I expect to die everytime I log in.

Originally posted by Nsein1

I don't think hacking is prevelant, I have seen people blinking due to lag but they kinda sucked. I snipe a lot so I get to watch players as they do what they do from a somewhat safe disctance and I don't see what appears to be a hacker hardly ever. 

I have seen many people who obviously forget that there are people who can and will be behind them drop them like a ton of bricks, I have seen some stuff in the game is OP, like C4 and vanu weapons, but to call people hacks just because they choose to play on easy mode isn't fair.

There is a counter for every situation and I see many people trying to jam square pegs into round holes and vice versa, I could easily imagine those same people crying about hackers here, and as far as anyone's buddy who knows this guy who hacks... I guess that guy's gonna slit his wrists when I drop him with a headshot because he's put so much effort into being elite he can't stand a death where as I expect to die everytime I log in.

^ This

• JacobossJacoboss Member UncommonPosts: 13
    You know the leaderboard has been bugged since beta. Kill counts might be right but the deaths are inaccurate.... lol
  • AbyssaldreamAbyssaldream Member Posts: 4

I"ve been playing since beta and am an avid FPS player, and have been for years. Mutliple years CAL-IM experience in CS and am pretty savvy at knowing when I've been had. Quite honestly, I've pulled off some ridiculous shots with a T9-CARV and the M77 that I have no doub that people would assume I've cheated. I've never cheated in any game. I'm a slightly above average FPS player due mostly to experience with the genre and a decently steady hand and understanding of the game mechanics.

That being said, I don't feel like I"ve ever been in a situation where I've been botted quite honestly. Alot of full sprays, some random headshots from snipers, but in all, nothing that I can say the game is broken. If there are aimbots, then they're very few and far between, and if you're talking wall hacks, that's a different story. Good aim and play will even out the wallhack. Seeing people doesn't mean killing people. 

Yes, I'd prefer no hacks obviously, but in its' current state the game is far from broken or unplayable, and I don't discount some form of hacking, seems that there is ample proof. You'd be surprised what people think is cheating ending up being superior gameplay in alot of accounts, or at the very least, lucky gameplay, especially in the mass chaos of PS2 battles. 

Aimbots are distinct. Advanced aimbots will pepper a body shot here and there to throw off the count, but there's no missing a full on aimbot. Headshot after headshot, clearing a path wherever they go. I haven't seen much of either. I currently hold a 1.5 K:D ratio, which I find acceptable given the mass amounts of people and the futile base defenses at times. 

In closing, I think the problem is severely overstated. There may be some validity to the claim that there are dirty players, but by and large if 75% of the playerbase is hacking, then they clearly are pretty bad at it.