Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA About to Release Info on a New MMO?

Comments

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

You know what I be juding the game when it release..

I mean the majority of poeple complaining right now are going to play it if it's a good game anyways....that said I am not really getting any hopes up that we be getting the next gen MMO from EA. 

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Here comes another WOW killer! :P

I said that if EA work on a new more profitable project it will probably cause SWTOR to shut down, and this could be it. If this new project can handle 100K users or less and still be profitable, then SWTOR deos not stand a chance.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    My bet is on a Mass Effect MMO because they own it and would not have to pay any licensing fees. They also like making(ruining) MMOs with well established IP's.
  • HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

If only EA would just die, so at least the captive souls of Bullfrog, Origin, etc would be freed.

Populous or Ultima next via Kickstarter, or Sim City, Command&Conquer and Syndicate without bull.

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Originally posted by theoneandonly
    Originally posted by Maelwydd

EA should stick with single player console games. MMO deffinetly not their cup of tea.

But if its Mass Effect MMO i`m in ))))))

And this ladies and gentlemen is why the MMO genre is gonna be fucked for a long time...

Care to elaborate?

First I will quote a line from a film...

"Go away....bating"

If you get the line and the film it came from you may understand why.

If you dont get it then this should help...

"Company is crap, games they make are crap...I would never buy another game from...Oh shiny...take my money"

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443
    Originally posted by Karteli

New project .. maybe it's a reference to the "Super Secret Space Project" freeroam space for SWTOR?

EA doing MMORPG's has been rather disasterous, and they are probably wondering how to recoup lost time and money from SWTOR rather than trying to dig another hole somewhere else.

EA just lacks the skill, motivation, and innovation to be successful as anything more than a hype publishing company.  /shrug

new project =/= new game

KoToR, Sims (which is one of the largest selling games of all time), Lost count of all of there sports games.

Yes I agree EA has no skills in game making, Love post like this show just how stupid people are!

Nothing has been talked about on this project and its getting burnt down before it starts, these forums are now just people that want to QQ and QQ more, kind of sad that this site has come to this.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by Kalmarth

New project .. maybe it's a reference to the "Super Secret Space Project" freeroam space for SWTOR?

EA doing MMORPG's has been rather disasterous, and they are probably wondering how to recoup lost time and money from SWTOR rather than trying to dig another hole somewhere else.

EA just lacks the skill, motivation, and innovation to be successful as anything more than a hype publishing company.  /shrug

new project =/= new game

KoToR, Sims (which is one of the largest selling games of all time), Lost count of all of there sports games.

Yes I agree EA has no skills in game making, Love post like this show just how stupid people are!

Nothing has been talked about on this project and its getting burnt down before it starts, these forums are now just people that want to QQ and QQ more, kind of sad that this site has come to this.

$10 says we'll never see you post again about a month after this EA game launches (flops). Like oh so many others who have disappeared after SWTOR.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • HerodesHerodes Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

What does EA have to do with Kotor?

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by Herodes

What does EA have to do with Kotor?

Besides the fact that EA owns BW, nothing. Unless you have a point?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    A new MMO by EA? Why? What's wrong with the ones they already have?
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

new project =/= new game

Thank you for these insightful comments!

Oh BTW:

KoTOR : 2003, Developed by BioWare, Published by LucasArts (Prior to BioWare sale to EA in 2007, ie destruction of BioWare)

KoTOR 2: 2004/2005, Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, Published by LucasArts

EA is doing a great job with FIFA, eh?

BBC Watchdog - Fifa 13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2H5j9lAFBk

Well at least SWTOR isn't EA's only property to be neglected :P

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

My perception of a company in gaming as a whole is a very much “what have you done for me lately” kind of thing and EA with all their studios has only managed to disappoint me when it comes to MMORPGs while leaving me feeling like I was ripped off. Therfore, I have little hope regarding a new title from them but I am still willing to look at it and give it a fair shot because I love games and have nothing on tap right now or even in the near future. So yeah, i will wait on substative information. Maybe it will be the EVE killer I have been hoping for... ;)

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

new project =/= new game

EA has no track record of anything positive in mmorpg game making. Period.

They have only shown how they can take good studios and IP's and make them a horrific mmorpg experience with disappointing sales.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

What baffles me is why companies keep hiring people from broken games......  Definition of crazy = repeating the same mistake and expecting a different result..  Is there an example of good people leaving a crappy game, then someone making a great game in a new cubicle?

Just curious!

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443
    Originally posted by Dahkot72

new project =/= new game

EA has no track record of anything positive in mmorpg game making. Period.

They have only shown how they can take good studios and IP's and make them a horrific mmorpg experience with disappointing sales.

your 100% right about EA having no track record of good MMORPG's as SWToR was there first, but thats kind of like saying that until Blizzard made WoW they had no possitive track record, god it was their first MMO, apparently a LOT of people here didn't like it but these boards as I stated seem to be people that just want to QQ, not actually give constructive converse on a game.

I really really hope that EA makes another MMO as in life its a learning experiance, as WoW was not perfect the first year it was out, and hell its not perfect now, but its still fun to play.

I get people feel slighted about Star Wars not being exactally like they want it to be, but that is impossible, you cant please everyone, hell its hard to please 20% for long, but does that mean they should stop making games, if they did, then what, so ever time some pissed off fan QQ's about a company they should pull up stock and shut down, hell no, take the hits learn and move on.

Yes I enjoy SWToR, I also enjoy GW2 and WoW, I dont play hardcore as those are the people that I have found get mad fastest, they race to max level, blast the end game content then QQ that there is nothing to do, take your time, enjoy the game then perhaps just perhaps you will feel better.

• ApraxisApraxis Member UncommonPosts: 1,518
    Originally posted by Kalmarth                                                                                                                                                                  your 100% right about EA having no track record of good MMORPG's as SWToR was there first, but thats kind of like saying that until Blizzard made WoW they had no possitive track record, god it was their first MMO, apparently a LOT of people here didn't like it but these boards as I stated seem to be people that just want to QQ, not actually give constructive converse on a game.

First MMO? Omfg.

UO, Earth & Beyond, The Sims Online, WAR, SWToR.. and i may even forgot one.. EA has a horrible track record of failed mmos, and destroying with that complete former developer studios. You should really do your homework better.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

My perception of a company in gaming as a whole is a very much “what have you done for me lately” kind of thing and EA with all their studios has only managed to disappoint me when it comes to MMORPGs while leaving me feeling like I was ripped off. Therfore, I have little hope regarding a new title from them but I am still willing to look at it and give it a fair shot because I love games and have nothing on tap right now or even in the near future. So yeah, i will wait on substative information. Maybe it will be the EVE killer I have been hoping for... ;)

May be they will buy CCP, and turn Eve Online into a themepark game, and have cross-over with Star Wars :P

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

May be they will buy CCP, and turn Eve Online into a themepark game, and have cross-over with Star Wars :P

Considering what that would mean for some 0.0 corps in particular I just might be down with that for the tears... lol. :P

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102

EA should stick with single player console games. MMO deffinetly not their cup of tea.

And this ladies and gentlemen is why the MMO genre is gonna be fucked for a long time...

Care to elaborate?

"Go away....bating"

"Company is crap, games they make are crap...I would never buy another game from...Oh shiny...take my money"

EA makes good games. Never regreted any games i bought. Got entertaiment for the money i paid. Wish some would be better. But nothing is perfect.

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

New project could be an expansion too. Maybe the super duper secret space project for TOR?

I don´t think EA risks losing another massive budget for a completely new MMO.

The market is already saturated with MMORPGs in fantasy settings.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123

Care to elaborate?

"Go away....bating"

EA makes good games. Never regreted any games i bought. Got entertaiment for the money i paid. Wish some would be better. But nothing is perfect.

OK you don't get it...

You said MMO's are not their cup of tea, presumably because their track record speak volumes on their inability to manage their production well. So you don't like MMO's from EA because they have not shown capable of making a good one. Then you say you would buy an MMO from EA if it was mass effect...totally contradicting your first statement about how they make bad ones.

The quote is from Idiocracy....

The line about 'oh shiny...take my money". That is you. "EA make bad MMO's...oh ME MMO...here take my money....

Edit - EA do make some good games...not MMO's though...I used to work for them too so I have no problem with the company except where they get involved in MMO's which they are not good at.

• theAsnatheAsna Member UncommonPosts: 324

EA's portfolio of games and IPs mostly isn't my cup of tea. SWTOR was OK, but nothing exceptional. Let's see how the next SimCity will turn out. If they plan on some "secret" new MMO it will probably be another themepark game. If it should be as linear as SWTOR then I'll pass.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    Not enough info.  Since I own every TS2 game made and still play them I can't get as mad at EA as I am at other game companies.  And I ask myself of gamers, who are we NOT mad at?

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Mass Effect MMO.

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• iamrtaiamrta Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Madden the MMO. You have to walk to practice because you were revoked your motorcycle mount for running over 20 kids at a school bus stop while drunk. You only miss a couple of games though and the public transportation fast travel works well enough.