Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So i bought EVE...

PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

I bought it for 5euros on Steam...

I will never forgive myself for not playing this before. All those years of wandering around with crap MMOs while EVE was right there!!! 

The game is amazing, feels like i will be playing it for years, not like some other "promising" MMOs, that are insteresting  for 3months max...     _ _ 2

So guys, if u hesitate to try this game, dont!  I regret for not playing it before!

Comments

• DeadvoltDeadvolt Member UncommonPosts: 55
    EVE is definately one of those games that a breath of fresh air from the typical fantasy grinder. It's one of those games that claimed "Sandbox" and actually pulled it off. It's fun but has quite the steep learning curve. Welcome to EVE mate, just remember: trust no one, research what you want to do, and pick a path YOU'LL enjoy. Get out there and earn some ISK! :D

Ganking? Me!? That's absurd!! I leave THAT to the lawyers!

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608

EVE is such a special and unique game. I also remember the day I logged in for the first time and I was amazed by all the possibilities this game offers to the players. It's not for everyone, but those who love it do so with passion :-)

Fly safe!

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,534
    Yeah can't really be a MMO Gamer without playing EvE, enjoy.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by PsyMike3d

I will never forgive myself for not playing this before. All those years of wandering around with crap MMOs while EVE was right there!!! 

The game is amazing, feels like i will be playing it for years, not like some other "promising" MMOs, that are insteresting  for 3months max...     _ _ 2

So guys, if u hesitate to try this game, dont!  I regret for not playing it before!

Good Luck glad you like it, Just remember that every time you undock you could lose everything.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

Don't worry, you will quickly realize that the game is in fact extremely boring, once you see that it will take you another couple months just to get the skills to properly pilot even the smallest/most pitiful craft in the game.

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

Don't worry, you will quickly realize that the game is in fact extremely boring, once you see that it will take you another couple months just to get the skills to properly pilot even the smallest/most pitiful craft in the game.

Really?  I've found that it gets better and more indepth with time.  But if the OP only enjoys EVE for a month, thats better then the staying power of practically every other mmo out there, expecially the new realeases.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372

I will say, there probably will be times when you'll be unsure of your direction or what you want to do. If you take a fresh look at what's available in game you might find its time to transition to new activities.

I started out heavy into mission running, then moved on to 0.0, then back to empire space to build up a new corp, then back to 0.0, became a merc for a short spell,  then off to wormholes and back again a few times.  Now I'm mostly incursion running but starting to get the itch to PVP more regularly again.

Still on the list, industry, plantetary exploration, pirating and probably a half a dozen I haven't thought of.

Beauty is you can take some time off and even keep your training going if you like while you spend some times in other games.  Some call this a problem with EVE, I call it a feature, it's helped me keep playing for quite some time now.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

A lot of cool stuff this month to watch for. ;) Some good devblogs here, and some more on the way.

Welcome to EVE! image

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102
    any  good beginers guides?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,372
    Originally posted by theoneandonly

Probably one of the best documented MMORPG's out there, this would be a great place for new players to start.

http://www.isktheguide.com/

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Oracle_FefeOracle_Fefe Member CommonPosts: 221

I bought the game cause of this post.

I'ma enjoy the fact that it isn't a go in, wreck stuff, max in a couple of months.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

If an MMORPG let's you experience everything it has to offer in the free 30 day period, or in the arena of a certain sequal, reach max level in the early access stage, there is very little reason to stick around for much longer.  After such a time, there is mostly repetition, and boredom.

Then there's EVE - an MMO filled with emergent player behavior and interaction.  So much impressive interactions of the players that the New York Museum of Modern Art chose it to represent such interaction in media.  No other MMORPG is on that list, not WoW, or GW2, or Everquest, or Darkfall.  No other MMO comes close to EVE.

Enjoy

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    The best advice on getting into EVE that I can give you, is to avoid the official forum for a while and not second guess yourself when deciding what you want to do. I tell you to avoid the official forums because there is all sorts of contradictory advice that can leave you worried and confused when in truth its simply a matter of learning the details of the system well enough to overcome a short term issue in playing your chosen job in the universe. Your best bets for help are guides written up at places like EVE Uni or elsewhere on the web while getting your feet wet in play as they tell you what to do rather than "how they feel about it."
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Good Luck glad you like it, Just remember that every time you undock you could lose everything.

Yeah it's a great change of pace playing a game where doing something stupid has consequences.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311
    the world of MMOs will be changed forever when CCP releases World of Darkness

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    I liked Eve, but never became a long time subscriber for me maybe 2-3 months a year max and not recently as its been 3 years since ive played.

As good as Eve is on many levels it is a big time consuming and very repetitive game.

Glad you enjoy it though, im hoping DFUW gets my interest like Darkfall did.
  • SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Originally posted by FromHell

If they were smarter they could have done it with Dust 514 if they didnt make it PS3 specific.

But yeah im expecting big things from WoD as well.
    Originally posted by Salenger
    Originally posted by FromHell

If they were smarter they could have done it with Dust 514 if they didnt make it PS3 specific. But yeah im expecting big things from WoD as well.

World of Darkness is Wii U specific.

I'm joking of course.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Now all you need is at least 1 more account and a good game to play and keep you entertained while you watch...erm... "play" EvE.

Originally posted by Volgore

Now all you need is at least 1 more account and a good game to play and keep you entertained while you watch...erm... "play" EvE.

In EVE the PVP combat with its significant consequnces and potential rewards often gets my adrenaline pumping and no other game gives me such a rush.

In WoW, dying in PVP is so inconsequential that even the act of shrugging about it is probably far more expression regarding such an event than is neccessary.

Edit: In this case, the term WoW is interchangable with GW2 and several other themepark mmorpgs.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I've tried so many times to get into this game and have never been able to, yet still I am jealous of those who can. The game is fantastic from what I have seen. I'm a sandbox lover at heart, so I appreciate everything this type of game does. I just can't get a feeling of connection for some reason. I'd like to  blame the whole "I'm a spaceship" thing, but i am not sure that's it. can't put my finger on it, but it's a kick ass open ended universe of freedom, otherwise :)

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712
    Never could immerse myself in being a ship with a portrait only. That and when i flew through a planet. Didnt like how ships are flown and how combat was either. I need a character to play. I personally enjoyed darkfall and mortal online more. But i still support eve in spirit even rhough its not my game. Its pretty geeky to bash any sandbox unless the devs do you wrong.
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Find a corp. Assume everything is a scam until you verify otherwise. Good luck!

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by theoneandonly

Well so far, the tutorial is amazing(probably one of the best)

People say its hard to learn the game.... so far i undestand almost everything the tutorial teaches me.... something like "EVE for Dummies" :)

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Just picked it back up myself right before the Steam sale ended. It's funny you don't remember what you were missing until you start playing it again.