Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS2 full of hacking. SOE takes down leaderboards to cover it up!

Comments

• enoliceenolice Member UncommonPosts: 71

I did faced cheater one day , he was killing us with one shoot, got speed hack aswell , in /yell chat we confirmed that he is on aim bot , speed hack etc and his kill ratio is 80:0 so i did contacted support with his nickname and short explanation what we see.

After 2 days ive got email from SOE

" Greetings Citizen,

Thank you for taking the time to report this matter to us. We will investigate the player reported and act appropriately upon our findings. While we cannot discuss the results of our investigation due to privacy concerns, we assure you this will be looked in to.

Thank you again for the report, and we encourage you to contact us again in the future should you observe further suspicious behavior in the game.

Good luck out there soldier,"

Checked on http://www.planetside-universe.com/ and that guy is gone now - banned

Dont tell SOE is not doing anything with cheaters.We can help them to clean a bit if we get mad with cheater like we did.

• sshocksshock Member UncommonPosts: 9

75% of PS2 players using an aimbot...... And you have been told this by aimbotters (plural)..... It must be true!

Seriously, i have been playing daily since tech test and have yet to see an obvious cheater.

There had been a couple occasions where i was headshot the moment i stuck my head out or ran around a corner.

Suspicious but not necesarily an aimbotter.

There actually are hacks around but the amount is greatly exaggerated.

Paranoid dramaqueens.

75%.... get real, maybe 0.0075%

• elvenwolfelvenwolf Member UncommonPosts: 146

Even for a cheater, do take some time to get some certs, if you got your certs being banned means restart, if you get banned again, and again, you have to restart all over, so even for a Free to play, it does hurt get banned after a certain point. Unless you enjoy play without unlocking anything, then of course, you can start as many accounts as you want.

Personally i think playing with an aimbot means you are not playing at all, so i don't see the point in using one,  maybe there is people that like go back to square one every time.

But i think for the guy that unlocked his/her favoured combination of certs lose it all must sting a bit, if it happen again.. and again.. might be a deterrent.

Can only hope that SOE go serious on this and ban cheaters again and again and again ... ad libitum.

• Dahkot72Dahkot72 Member Posts: 261

Zero cost to setup another account and start immediately cheating again.

And if anyone thinks any sort of IP restrictions actually stop someone with half a clue from getting right back in I'd suggest you read up a little on how easy it is to get around IP bans.

I just don't see how SOE can stay ahead of any folks who want to cheat in PS2 due to the fact there is zero cost to anyone to continaully try and cheat and hack as much as they want.

• bendwc10bendwc10 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Isn't there a way to lock their ip addresses or something so they can't create more accounts?  I mean, that has to at least lessen the amount of hackers to an extent.  I guess I'm not familiar with what procedures they take to ban them.  Sorry, I missed the poster above me.
  • dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488

If the leaderboards are not representative of player skill, and are the product of hacking, why would you leave them up? >.>

Of course they're going to take them down, and you can only presume that they're working on a way of fixing these hacks. The players who use them may well find themselves banned from the game as well.

Would you have preferred it if SOE had left the leaderboards up, so that the hackers could see and enjoy the fruits of their labours?

Silly gamers are silly.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

Welcome to the Free to play worlds... Ban one account they can just start 2 more... Another reason I loath F2P... AT least before it would cost hackers something if they got caught and banned.

I have said it before and i will say it again. F2P is the worst thing that has happened to MMOs... and it has brought about low life scumbags in numbers like we have not seen prior.

It is not just F2P that has this issue. If you think so you are deluded.

It is easy to deal with Ban the IP and the email address. Easiest fix on the planet - best one can do currently.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by sshock
    75% of PS2 players using an aimbot...... And you have been told this by aimbotters (plural)..... It must be true!Seriously, i have been playing daily since tech test and have yet to see an obvious cheater.There had been a couple occasions where i was headshot the moment i stuck my head out or ran around a corner.Suspicious but not necesarily an aimbotter.There actually are hacks around but the amount is greatly exaggerated.Paranoid dramaqueens.75%.... get real, maybe 0.0075%
    John Smedley posted on twitter that hackers are being banned left and right, so yeah must be 0.0075%.

• Nsein1Nsein1 Member Posts: 20

Some people probably call me a hacker when I headshot them while they're running, it's a 50:1 shot for me but sometimes I hit, other times they don't even know I fired at them. I use a bolt action m-80 and often run out of ammo with only 2-4 kills, but those 2-4 kills were hail mary's. Most of the time I spend looking through my scope waiting for someone to give me a shot. Then when I can get someone to sit still it takes me about 2-3 seconds to plug them if they're not 400+ meters away.

Very seldom do I get a second shot on someone, and more often than not the person drops me with machine gun spray from 2-300 meters away. Seriously though, using a maximum power rifle I should be able to drop people with a body shot unless they're a heavy with armor active or a max since I am carrying supposedly the highest power rifle in the game with a 6 second reload and about a 3 second firing speed. I know if someone is within pistol range of me I'm better off pulling out the pistol and not even using the rifle.

My k/d is sitting about 560/975 and I don't mind the hacks. that might be because I don't play to be on a stupid list somewhere, I play to waste time and sneer at commanders who have no clue yet are authoritarian.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Why is it you feel the leaderboards were taken down as a "cover up" and just not to give the cheaters credit for their illegitimately gained ranks?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• sshocksshock Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

75% of PS2 players using an aimbot...... And you have been told this by aimbotters (plural)..... It must be true!

Seriously, i have been playing daily since tech test and have yet to see an obvious cheater.

There had been a couple occasions where i was headshot the moment i stuck my head out or ran around a corner.

Paranoid dramaqueens.

John Smedley posted on twitter that hackers are being banned left and right, so yeah must be 0.0075%.

I have seen Smed say things for long enough to know i should take everything of that with a grain of salt.

That left and right could be any number.

Ok, the 0.0075% is just my personal estimate. But saying 75% aimbots is ridiculous, and so is saying they disabled the leaderboard to cover up cheaters. (the leaderboard has been broken and missing from time to time since forever)

My impression is that most of the people are just paranoid, thanks to threads like these among other things.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147

new anti-cheat software went live today, called the G99 ERROR -server broke ;)

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by botrytis
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

Welcome to the Free to play worlds... Ban one account they can just start 2 more... Another reason I loath F2P... AT least before it would cost hackers something if they got caught and banned.

I have said it before and i will say it again. F2P is the worst thing that has happened to MMOs... and it has brought about low life scumbags in numbers like we have not seen prior.

It is not just F2P that has this issue. If you think so you are deluded.

It is easy to deal with Ban the IP and the email address. Easiest fix on the planet - best one can do currently.

At least if there were a client you had to pay for, banning that acct would add a new price of the box in there. ANd slow things down, maybe.

Since there isn't, just make a new acct or 3 and you are right back to it.

And banning IPs/emails will get you about nothing, because using VPN tunneling or any other method to get a new IP is very easy, and add in a free email address and there you are.

So banning IP/Email would not work either.

As big a problem is the incentive to cheat: getting a whole mess of kills saves from having to spend real money in the cash shop, so the more you cheat, the more things you get for free.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by botrytis
    I will use the argument people use on GW2 - *sarcasm on *  it is a F2P (WELL GW2 is B2P with no sub - but you get the idea) why would they fix things, they are making no money? If it had a sub it would be fixed right away! *sarcasm off*

Sorry - it is sad when this happens. Hoping they will fix it.

It's not an 'if', it's a 'when' they fix it. They have to fix it. The game won't really work if they don't. It may take awhile though because what they really want to do is collect enough information to plug the holes, and at the same time lock out as many cheaters as they can all at once.

Umm, this is the same thing people were saying w'hen GamersFirst took over APB.  That game is still flooded with hacks.

I just don't think it's feasibly possible to stop hacks in these online FPS games.  It's like killing cockroaches.  The only way they are going to put some sort of dent in this is to sue the hell out of every hack maker there is.   Other than that, these games are destined to fail.

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Lightning tank with HE explosive rounds > aimbots.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Paranoid dramaqueens.

Boiler plate defense used by those that hack.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

It doesn't take a large percentage of people to cheat, to ruin a game.

I can't remember the specific country but I think it's Taiwan, recognizes virtual items as being a "goods" and the theft of virtual items as being a crime.  So as the world starts to embrace the fact that there is more to virtual items than just fantasy and pretend, these cheaters might end up facing more than just account bans. It's definately a possibility to see cheaters fined for damages to companies as well as the people that create the cheat tools to be fined horrendous amounts for damages.

I personally would think it to be hilarious, if some cheater was fined $10,000.00 for cheating in a public game.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• InvalidStringInvalidString Member Posts: 9

The OP is pretty much full of it - they took the leaderboards down because there were well-known bugs (like 0 deaths if you were logged out) that they need to fix.

Cheater posts are all over the place because that's how cheater coders advertise.

Originally posted by Mykell
    Lightning tank with HE explosive rounds > aimbots.

QFT

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by InvalidString

The OP is pretty much full of it - they took the leaderboards down because there were well-known bugs (like 0 deaths if you were logged out) that they need to fix. Cheater posts are all over the place because that's how cheater coders advertise.

Yes the leaderboards were bugged but he isn't wrong on rampant cheating. SOE has admitted its a real problem and to this point one they have made no progress on. I spend 90 percent of my time in a tank for just this reason. Even then I was sniped out of my tank by a aimbotter on a couple of occasions as well.
  • psiicatpsiicat Member Posts: 29

I call BS... I am VS on Waterford with Crimson Wing Outfit and I am one of those people that have been doing 14-18 hour days. Even though we are outnumbered constantly we have held a cont lock on Indar for 4 days now with out any of our people cheating.

Granted the TR have been explointing with the blinking hack, aimbots, last night we ran into a max who could teleport around, and now they have resorted to rolling level 1 VS on alt accounts and team killing us to try and break our defense. 

However the statement " FULL of hacks " is just not true. There are hackers granted but SOE is taking the hacking issue very seriously and going after hackers aggressively.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654

I believe that most people that deny that this is going on are using hacks as well. Who wouldn't be against ridding a game of hacks?

Oh, and let's get serious here. These kids are not "hackers". They are called "script kiddies" in industry terms.

I'm taking a break from this game until it's all sorted out. When that happens, is entirely up to SOE.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    Originally posted by NorseGod

I believe that most people that deny that this is going on are using hacks as well. Who wouldn't be against ridding a game of hacks?

How do you think that!?!? Just cuz I haven't seen a hole lot that makes me a hacker?

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by InvalidString
    Originally posted by NorseGod

How do you think that!?!? Just cuz I haven't seen a hole lot that makes me a hacker?

Should they be permabanned if caught?

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    games that are infested with hackers NEVER get fixed dunno people don't realize this, what happens is they make a bunch of PR posts about how serious this is. Then they start banning hackers and the hack program they use get marked as detected and no one is supposed to use it until the coding is tweaked slightly and the whole process starts all over again. I have seen games infested with aimbots IMPROVE but if you have a massive hacker problem at the onset of the game its already too late to fix.