Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So they aren't going to revamp the animations or character models?

2»

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by SirBalin
    I don't have a problem with the animations or models at all, what sandbox game has better graphics than the first Darkfall?  Only Darkfall 2.  You could say EVE, but that's all space...so it runs easy on the cpus.  Darkfall has 100+ vs 100+ man fights, you aren't going to have tera graphics.  Still, they aren't bad graphics.

more like 1k vs 1k not very often but yea

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by kanechart
    Yeah I understand getting 100 fps on Planetside 2 with 500 players running around :P I don't think making it into an excuse of performance is excuseable. Even more since old games like EQ had a way to change distance and such of animation calculations.

tab target game not fps

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by kanechart
    Yeah I understand getting 100 fps on Planetside 2 with 500 players running around :P I don't think making it into an excuse of performance is excuseable. Even more since old games like EQ had a way to change distance and such of animation calculations.

tab target game not fps

What?

SNIP

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    .....they dont even look close to eq1 graphs.  This game ia not making its mark on its graphs, it will be on its gamestyle and play.......I would be more worried about WHEN its coming out!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• BuniontToesBuniontToes Member Posts: 529

Complex animations won't work for an FPS based comabt  system.  How are  you going to run and fight while the animationj is twirling your sword  around your head.  I won't even mention that when someone sees you start twirling they will dodge out of the way.

It is a different game and until you play it you can't judge the animations or graphics.

Let me give you an example of a medium sized battle without the settings turned way down:

There were  maybe 400 people in this siege (which is small by  lanch standards).

Now let  us compare this to GW2:
    Notice the diffrences in combat.  In GW2 everyone is standing in one place tanking all the damage.  You arent worried  about movemtn andd back hits.  The huge  ammount of particles in GW2 would make you lose sight of your target.  The fact that the base melee swing will hit everyone in a  cone means you can't just pile onto a single target.

Completely different combat systems allow for different grades of animations & graphics.

The character models from DFO2 are much imporoved as you can see here (one of few dev videos  with decent graphics settings):
    As you can see the models are decent looking, near GW2 quality.  The lower poly ccount models allow for larger battles without bringing your video card to a halt.  Performance is directly related to the number of polygons rendered = detail.

It is simply a  different game.  The gameplay is the focus and the graphics are average at worst (charaacter models) and really  good at best (world graphics).
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

I always prefer game play over graphics.

Graphics have never been a big deal to me as long as I am not looking at a stick figure.

• kanechartkanechart Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by phantomghost

I always prefer game play over graphics.

Graphics have never been a big deal to me as long as I am not looking at a stick figure.

I always agree here. Though basic combat animations do bother me a crap ton. As long they look not say realistic but more smooth and not feel like your going to point a to point b in the animation in like 2 frames but a more smoother looking frame then I love it. But Darkfall tends have these strange animations that are hard to get use to.

SNIP

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172
    If you completely ignore all the new animations, graphics etc, then correct, there are no new graphics or animations.