Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which MMO mouse should I buy?

CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

I need a new mouse, which one should I pick?

Logitech G500

Mionix Naos 5000

Roccat Kone Pure

Cyborg RAT 7 MMO

Thank you!

Comments

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    Originally posted by Caskio

I love this mouse.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Mouse-Black-910-002864/dp/B0086UK7IQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354820521&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+mmo

I wanted to add that one but wasn't sure, is it not too big in your hands?

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I'm a Razer Hex and Razer Naga fan myself.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    I really like my Logitech G600.  It is much better than the Naga I had.  YMMV
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

If money is an issue - the logitech 500

If money is not an issue - The RAT

The reviews of the RAT are simply awesome.  I was scared to grab this for the cost and the weird look but once you get it and get the right fit of the panels and extentions, it is the bomb.  You will never want to touch another mouse again.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• trenshodtrenshod Member UncommonPosts: 128

I love the Razer Naga myself, most will dismiss the mouse when they first use it due to it feeling so different in the hand. I have had some technical issues with them but for the most part they run just fine. Also not a big fan of their new software/drivers.

What I like most is the amount of buttons at my disposal. In all honesty I don't use 1-6 due to them being such a stretch to get too. The rest are all hot keyed to something on most my toons.

• HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388

I love this mouse.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-Mouse-Black-910-002864/dp/B0086UK7IQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354820521&sr=8-1&keywords=logitech+mmo

I have on my desktop.

G500, G600, G700 and Naga Epic. Here's how i rate them. 

FPS games and other games - G700

MMO/Moba - Naga Epic, G500

G600 is made from plastic and is semi bulky and flat. Worst comfort ever. If needed i can provide a picture with all. I have a Large hand and i love Naga EPIC. My fav mouse so far. Keyz are Razer Blackwidow ultimate, best gaming keyz ive tested so far and ive bought

G510, G15, G13, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, Razer Lycosa and i have an old Tarantula too. 

• CaskioCaskio Member UncommonPosts: 339
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

I love this mouse.

I wanted to add that one but wasn't sure, is it not too big in your hands?

I don't have huge hands, and it fits perfectly. Feels way better than the Razers do.

"If you're going to act like a noob, I'll treat you like one." -Caskio

Adventurers wear fancy pants!!!

• theoneandonlytheoneandonly Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    I am a loyal Cyborg fan. Still enjoying my trusty V.5 keyboard and R.A.T. 3 mouse for 2+ years now. About time to upgrade to the new models soon though.

Getting V.7 keys this christmas. Cant wait.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Razer naga 2012 is the way to go
  • Darklotus79Darklotus79 Member Posts: 61

Cyborg RAT 7 MMO

Is that a mouse or freakin spaceship?!  LOL!

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Evoluent

That RAT mouse does look awesome though, and  a customizable fit could be great

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Just-The-FactsJust-The-Facts Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by Nacario

http://www.razerzone.com/store/gaming-mice/

Completely agree, best gaming mouse I ever purchased.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    Originally posted by kbkid73
    Originally posted by Nacario

http://www.razerzone.com/store/gaming-mice/

Completely agree, best gaming mouse I ever purchased.

I wasnt that satisfied with the original naga, but the naga 2012 had fixes to the issues of the past. Such as hand size adjustment and the removal of the 2 buttons on your left click button, as it is now it is simply just perfect. And Im saying this as an occupational therapist :P I just wish it came in blue color so it would match my corsair k90 performance keyboard's blue backlighting.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    Dont get anything Razer. Only 7 months into my new naga molten and I have the double click and right click releasing glitch. If you like the idea of the naga get the Logitech g600. 

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Originally posted by DSWBeef
    Dont get anything Razer. Only 7 months into my new naga molten and I have the double click and right click releasing glitch. If you like the idea of the naga get the Logitech g600. 

I second this.  I've had two Razer mice and both of them stopped working in less than a year. 

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Ive had my naga for about 2 years now o.o

Anyways my rule is usually Naga for small hands, cyborg mmo for big hands

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Ok so, thank you all for the comments, I read them all. A number of people recommended the G600 so that's the one I ended up buying, I picked up the black one. I got a coolermaster storm quick fire cherry MX red keyboard (needs a longer name) to go with it.

I also thought about the RAT 7 but seeing how much it costs here in Europe I went with the logitech, I considered the razer also but I like the look of the logitech a bit better, anyway, will say how I like it once I get it.

Thank you.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

I would avoid the RAT.  Its a cool design, but I find it slightly more annoying then something simple like a Logitech G-5.  I have to sometimes make excuses for it.

The thumb buttons can be a bit irritating when you are using them for an hour.  It sometimes loses tracking because dust gets into its optical sensor.  The adjustment screw areas can also feel annoying after touching them for an hour.  The mouse itself has slick plastic buttons and one side that you cannot replace.  Never like the feel of slick plastic.

I recommend something simple and durable that will be comfortable for the hand like a SteelSeries.  I would also recommend the Tt eSports line, but I am not too sure how durable they are.

• miguksarammiguksaram Member UncommonPosts: 835
    Originally posted by CalmOceans

Ok so, thank you all for the comments, I read them all. A number of people recommended the G600 so that's the one I ended up buying, I picked up the black one. I got a coolermaster storm quick fire cherry MX red keyboard (needs a longer name) to go with it.

I also thought about the RAT 7 but seeing how much it costs here in Europe I went with the logitech, I considered the razer also but I like the look of the logitech a bit better, anyway, will say how I like it once I get it.

Thank you.

I've owned just about every popular gaming mouse that has been released to date.  While I do enjoy the Cyborg R.A.T. 7 (FPS version, not the MMO one) I can honestly say it's a lot more gimmick than anything else.  The Naga is a great mouse for MMO's but that is also highly dependant on the size of your hands.  In my case effectively using the "bottom" row (10-12) buttons was damn near impossible.  Once Logictech released the G600 I quickly jumped on it hoping it would offer everything the Naga does but for larger hands.  Best mouse I've ever used for MMO's hands down.  ZERO issues utilizing all the mouse buttons without having to adapt to an awkward position.  You won't be disappointed!

On a personal note while I generally enjoy Razer products their build quality in my experience does not warrant the asking price of their products, specifically in the case of their mice.  YMMV.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    I know I'll get flack for this, but I'd recommend the Death Adder. I used Logitech mice (the gaming ones) exclusively for 2 years, but went out on a whim and got the Death Adder. I loved it, but broke it (long story) after a year. Went out and got another one - it's that comfortable and just feels right in my hand. It's not overly complicated either, just two side buttons and notched scrolling wheel.
  • VendettaDFAVendettaDFA Member Posts: 72
    Bought Razer after using logitech for years. Lycosa kb , which is every bit as important as having a good mouse, and imperator mouse as it was closest hand fit to the logitech I was accustomed to. Minimal issues and excellent response. First mouse that actually got me back into playing FPS since the TRUE 3 button gaming mice went away.
  • AvsRock21AvsRock21 Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Hands down, you need to buy the Logtiech G600. It's unrivaled in laser engine performance and build quality. The Logitech G series mice also feel absolutely amazing with their palm grip and form.
    The G600 Logitech mouse arrived, in black. I must say I like it, it is smaller than I anticipated, it's bigger than the G500 I had, but not by much. The software is so ridiculous, you can do basically anything you want, assigning profiles, buttons, macros, changing the color of the lights. It was really overwhelming at first, but I got the hang of it after a few minutes.
  • ezpz77ezpz77 Member Posts: 227
    Buy a Razer naga. Also, what is the last mouse in your OP? It looks like hand bondage or something.